Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County 11:14 - Sep 20 with 2553 viewsOwainG1992

Not sure if it's been discussed here yet but a real highlight of the dancers of trying to push for progression in the game.
I dont particularly like Derby but don't want to see any club go through it.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Derby County on 11:44 - Sep 20 with 2402 viewsBasuco

It looks like they have gone into admin to get rid of debts and make a sale easier and not get too much of a hit on points deduction, to me anyway.
Derby County on 11:56 - Sep 20 with 2348 viewsKievthegreat

Issue with deducting points for administration is it punishes the gamble failing and hands the new owner a tougher job of righting a sinking ship. If FFP actually worked, you could punish teams who manage their business unsustainable BEFORE financial meltdown rather than sending a team in trouble into absolute freefall.

However, there's a certain irony with this as part of Derby's woes is doing literally everything to avoid punishment their rightful punishment from FFP rules. If they'd been punished sooner, they might have not let things get so bad.
Derby County on 12:50 - Sep 20 with 2097 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Derby County on 11:56 - Sep 20 by Kievthegreat

Issue with deducting points for administration is it punishes the gamble failing and hands the new owner a tougher job of righting a sinking ship. If FFP actually worked, you could punish teams who manage their business unsustainable BEFORE financial meltdown rather than sending a team in trouble into absolute freefall.

However, there's a certain irony with this as part of Derby's woes is doing literally everything to avoid punishment their rightful punishment from FFP rules. If they'd been punished sooner, they might have not let things get so bad.

Does it though?

It certainly makes it more likely that Derby will be in L1 next year but that will be with a much reduced financial burden and so far easier to build from.

I don't hate Derby, they are a good traditional club but they have been mismanaged and so Mel Morris has made his own bed here. In fainress to him he stepped in to save the club be loves which is both understandable and commendable but he pushed the boundaries (and I think that's putting it mildly) what is allowed and also massively over committed in terms of spending and flowed and unsustainable model so for me it is a case getting what you deserve. Equally having seen these pages quite often proliferated with "Derby can spend so why can't we" type questions for some years now hopefully it hits home exactly why that was case.

Sad for their fans, less sympathy for the owners, heartbreaking for the many small companies owed money who we know will miss out now in v difficult times

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Derby County on 13:04 - Sep 20 with 2024 viewsitfcjoe

Derby County on 11:44 - Sep 20 by Basuco

It looks like they have gone into admin to get rid of debts and make a sale easier and not get too much of a hit on points deduction, to me anyway.

It actually makes a sale harder for me - they are now all but guaranteed to be in League 1 next season, their stadium is spearated from the administrators - and in reality there is little way for the administrators to even raise the monies to get to month end.

Mel Morris has just pulled the plug, he can afford to keep spending but has decided not to and just to wash his hands of it.

This was always the fear re Evans here, and the only thing that was a concern with the large debt - what is he just pulls the plug? Mel Morris has done, it's almost one of the worst acts I've seen by any club owner, some have been nefarious, some have never had the money - but can you see one where they have just done it like this?

They will end up with a further penalty as nothing to raise money with to even cover the minimum payments to avoid further points deduction next season - he has totally fúcked them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Derby County on 13:10 - Sep 20 with 1987 viewsvanmunt

I feel sorry for all the creditors, I would imagine quite a few businesses will be looking forward to getting 4p for every £1 owed to them.
Derby County on 13:36 - Sep 20 with 1866 viewsdavblue

Derby County on 13:04 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

It actually makes a sale harder for me - they are now all but guaranteed to be in League 1 next season, their stadium is spearated from the administrators - and in reality there is little way for the administrators to even raise the monies to get to month end.

Mel Morris has just pulled the plug, he can afford to keep spending but has decided not to and just to wash his hands of it.

This was always the fear re Evans here, and the only thing that was a concern with the large debt - what is he just pulls the plug? Mel Morris has done, it's almost one of the worst acts I've seen by any club owner, some have been nefarious, some have never had the money - but can you see one where they have just done it like this?

They will end up with a further penalty as nothing to raise money with to even cover the minimum payments to avoid further points deduction next season - he has totally fúcked them

and he's meant to be some sort of super fan of Derby also, im sure i heard.
Derby County on 20:24 - Sep 20 with 1480 viewsacj

The only similar one I can remember (albeit a much smaller club) was Max Griggs with Rushden & Diamonds, and the club went to the wall about 5/6 years after he pulled the plug. A couple of years before withdrawing his funding he also moved the Dr Martens factory to China, which had been a big employer in the town up to then as well, so left half the town unemployed and the football club at death’s door.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Derby County on 14:00 - Sep 21 with 1097 viewsBlueNomad

People who moan about Evans should think on this a bit.
Login to get fewer ads

Derby County on 14:06 - Sep 21 with 1075 viewsDanTheMan

Derby County on 14:00 - Sep 21 by BlueNomad

I appreciate the money that Evans put in but there was a lot of stuff outside just buying players he did not do.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Derby County on 14:40 - Sep 21 with 991 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Derby County on 14:00 - Sep 21 by BlueNomad

I have thought on it.

Every fan had a right to moan at how Evans ran the club (down), and just because he didn't pull the plug is no reason to be grateful. Nobody knows if he would have eventually pulled the plug, if the Americans had not generously helped him out. One thing is absolutely clear though, the last 13 years of mismanagement has seen our club go from EPL hopefuls to 3rd Division also-rans!
Derby County on 19:08 - Sep 21 with 751 viewsRadlett_blue

Derby County on 13:36 - Sep 20 by davblue

and he's meant to be some sort of super fan of Derby also, im sure i heard.

Morris was a Derby fan & when a rich fan worth £500m+ bought the club, I'm sure most of their fans were delighted (as would we have been). Sadly, Morris threw money at the club but kept interfering & changing managers. I believe he's lost around £200m of his fortune by throwing money at Derby so far so not surprising he's cried "enough".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024