Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? 13:04 - Sep 20 with 12561 viewshype313

Waiting to find out the answer, but I'm going for Telford.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:05 - Sep 20 with 9857 viewsMetal_Hacker

Wakefield

Poll: If it were one or the other

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:06 - Sep 20 with 9854 viewsHerbivore

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:05 - Sep 20 by Metal_Hacker

Wakefield

Technically that's a city.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:07 - Sep 20 with 9839 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Dudley.
A guess though.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:07 - Sep 20 with 9830 viewsRocky

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:06 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

Technically that's a city.

So we can't include Norwich then.
Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:09 - Sep 20 with 9807 viewshype313

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:05 - Sep 20 by Metal_Hacker

Wakefield

It's the biggest City without a Pro team, not Town.

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:12 - Sep 20 with 9772 viewsEly_Blue

I’d go for Poole

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:13 - Sep 20 with 9770 viewsGuthrum

Slough?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:18 - Sep 20 with 9717 viewsIpswichKnight

Probably one of the Surrey towns as no professional club in Surrey at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:21 - Sep 20 with 9688 viewsPlums

Derry?

Edit, just seen the response above re: city.
Basingstoke
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 13:23]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:22 - Sep 20 with 9664 viewsbluelagos

Chelmsford?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:22 - Sep 20 with 9669 viewsGuthrum

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:13 - Sep 20 by Guthrum

Slough?

Or Warrington.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:24 - Sep 20 with 9653 viewshype313

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:22 - Sep 20 by bluelagos

Chelmsford?

It's a City, they beat us for that title the last time we applied.

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:26 - Sep 20 with 9638 viewsALF

Gloucester? Although Forrest Green Rovers play in Nailsworth a few miles down the road bizarrely
Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:27 - Sep 20 with 9628 viewsWeWereZombies

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:21 - Sep 20 by Plums

Derry?

Basingstoke

Derry / Londonderry / Stroke City is, I am afraid, a city rather than a town.

[edit] your edit came up just as I was pressing 'post'...
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 13:28]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:28 - Sep 20 with 9620 viewsBlueBoots

I'm going for Warrington...

(Edited, as originally went for a Non-League club that is actually professional...)
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 13:31]

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:31 - Sep 20 with 9593 viewsWeWereZombies

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:13 - Sep 20 by Guthrum

Slough?

I think you are the winner if this list, in descending order I hope, of the thousand largest cities and towns is correct:

https://www.thegeographist.com/uk-cities-population-1000/

Can't see anything about Slough Town F.C. being even semi-pro on the Wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slough_Town_F.C.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 14:03 - Sep 20 with 9426 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Must be Warrington, I guess.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 14:25]

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 14:04 - Sep 20 with 9417 viewsClareBlue

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:21 - Sep 20 by Plums

Derry?

Basingstoke

Derry have a professional football team
Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 14:15 - Sep 20 with 9362 viewsPendejo

I thought the biggest town to never have had a professional team was Bedford or is it a City?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 14:16 - Sep 20 with 9354 viewsBlueBadger

Milton Keynes.

They've got a team from London renting space..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 14:19 - Sep 20 with 9334 viewsDanTheMan

Warrington?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 14:20 - Sep 20 with 9334 viewsMattinLondon

Berwick or Gateshead? Think both are semi-professional so do they count? Somewhere in Cornwall if they don’t count - Truo??

Edit. Think Berwick and Truo are cities.

Edit. Is it going to be a place off the mainland like a town in the Channel Islands? Think they are part of the UK. Think I’m overthinking this now.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 14:27]
Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 15:01 - Sep 20 with 9169 viewsChateauWines

Just looked.
Biggest town without professional club is Warrington.
Biggest without league team is Southend

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 15:10 - Sep 20 with 9109 viewstractordownsouth

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 14:20 - Sep 20 by MattinLondon

Berwick or Gateshead? Think both are semi-professional so do they count? Somewhere in Cornwall if they don’t count - Truo??

Edit. Think Berwick and Truo are cities.

Edit. Is it going to be a place off the mainland like a town in the Channel Islands? Think they are part of the UK. Think I’m overthinking this now.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 14:27]

Truro only has a population of about 20,000 anyway. I imagine the answer is Dudley.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 15:15 - Sep 20 with 9079 viewsBloomBlue

Which is the biggest town in the UK without a professional football team? on 13:31 - Sep 20 by WeWereZombies

I think you are the winner if this list, in descending order I hope, of the thousand largest cities and towns is correct:

https://www.thegeographist.com/uk-cities-population-1000/

Can't see anything about Slough Town F.C. being even semi-pro on the Wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slough_Town_F.C.

But in that list Slough is at 41 and Warrington 39 and Warrington is a Town.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024