Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any NE London fans drive to home games? 15:18 - Sep 20 with 1151 viewsjayessess

Sad to report that Greater Anglia have gone back to their usual habit of Saturday maintenance work meaning rail replacement buses for London-based fans on match days. Don't suppose there's anyone round my way (Walthamstow) who drives to games and wants a passenger with whom to share petrol costs?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 15:30]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Any NE London fans drive to home games? on 15:22 - Sep 20 with 1104 viewshype313

Is this a one off or going to be a regular occurrence, hugely frustrating if so.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Any NE London fans drive to home games? on 15:29 - Sep 20 with 1067 viewsjayessess

Any NE London fans drive to home games? on 15:22 - Sep 20 by hype313

Is this a one off or going to be a regular occurrence, hugely frustrating if so.

Regular, I'd imagine. In my experience once they start doing "track renewal work" during the Autumn, it tends to claim near enough the majority of Saturdays throughout the season.

Replacement buses this Saturday and Shrewsbury already in the calendar.

Any NE London fans drive to home games? on 15:46 - Sep 20 with 996 viewsglasso

They're useless, aren't they?

I remember trying to get a train to the last derby match at PR. I had my tickets in hand (sponsored by Greater Anglia), and yet to get to the early kick off game I'd have to leave my house at about 4am.
Any NE London fans drive to home games? on 16:00 - Sep 20 with 951 viewsjayessess

Any NE London fans drive to home games? on 15:46 - Sep 20 by glasso

They're useless, aren't they?

I remember trying to get a train to the last derby match at PR. I had my tickets in hand (sponsored by Greater Anglia), and yet to get to the early kick off game I'd have to leave my house at about 4am.

Not to defend Greater Anglia, but it'll be Network Rail scheduling the works:
https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/traffic/winter-of-rail-closures-suffolk-to-london-82

Tracks need replacing, what you gonna do, I guess...

Any NE London fans drive to home games? on 16:03 - Sep 20 with 937 viewsIwasthere

Kings Cross - Cambridge - Ipswich a possibility
Any NE London fans drive to home games? on 16:11 - Sep 20 with 903 viewsRozz

Any NE London fans drive to home games? on 16:03 - Sep 20 by Iwasthere

Kings Cross - Cambridge - Ipswich a possibility

Kings Cross-Ely-Ipswich will get you there in 2hr 14m with 1 change, vs Liverpool St-Ingatestone-Colchester-Ipswich in 1hr 55. There's one that gets in at roughly 1.30pm.

Good idea. I'll probably do that in future (being on the Northern Line) rather than faffing about with rail replacement bus services.
Any NE London fans drive to home games? on 09:21 - Sep 25 with 510 viewsHarlestonblue

Any NE London fans drive to home games? on 16:00 - Sep 20 by jayessess

Not to defend Greater Anglia, but it'll be Network Rail scheduling the works:
https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/traffic/winter-of-rail-closures-suffolk-to-london-82

Tracks need replacing, what you gonna do, I guess...

The trouble is the engineering works have been a permenant fixture at weekends for about 15-20 years
Any NE London fans drive to home games? on 11:10 - Sep 25 with 457 viewsHarlestonblue

Just out of interest does this happen when Norwich are at home?
Login to get fewer ads

Any NE London fans drive to home games? on 11:32 - Sep 25 with 428 viewsHipsterectomy

Any NE London fans drive to home games? on 11:10 - Sep 25 by Harlestonblue

Just out of interest does this happen when Norwich are at home?

yes

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024