Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. 15:51 - Sep 20 with 14525 viewsunstableblue

... anymore unless you are loaded or have a company offering you a professional contract over a period of time

I would have loved Unstable junior to go and work a summer of ski season.. or just go and bum round Europe getting casual work

But that aside if someone a little older wanted to take a punt on opening a business in Europe, change of lifestyle, climate... you need serious ongoing income, medical insurance

I know someone going to study in Italy for a short time, as its over 9 weeks they're going through a full visa process

This really is b@llox isn't it? what a load of lies and 'project fear' cack the majority were fed... so what they could get pounds and ounces at the green grocers... a new royal yacht.. blue passports... and a trade deal with Australia (which is woeful)

We need to get this government out, go on a charm offensive... and start trying to build the best arrangement and deals we can possibly get.. and make some frickin concessions

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:17 - Sep 20 with 4471 viewsitfc_bucks

Just a quick Point of Order, nobody really, REALLY gives a flying f**k about imperial measures. They've not been taught for 50 years plus, so literally nobody is still losing any sleep over it AND we were actually rather keen on the idea of moving to metric, back in the day. And if you really want to lose your sh*t over it, you could do metric to imperial equivalents.

Blue passports could have been had at any time. And they'd have been made in the UK too, rather than France, as they are now.

There wont be a yacht, there wont be a Boris Bridge and there wont be a Boris Island Airport - that's all smokescreen and bollix to distract from whatever the latest Govt f**k up was.

Trade deal with Oz? Whatevs, it's the other side of the planet, mate. Priorities, yeah?

Agreed, this sorry shower need to be binned off and the electorate need to wise up. Sharpish.
[Redacted] on 16:22 - Sep 20 with 4432 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:28 - Sep 20 with 4402 viewsSarge

I have nothing but intense hatred for brexiteers. It’s not even a case of disagreeing with their opinions, I absolutely detest them for what they’ve done to this country and for what? For absolutely nothing in return.

I don’t buy that they were misled. They knew what they were doing, it was patently clear what leaving the EU would do and they kept their fingers in their ears and toddled off to the polling station.

Utter scum, the lot of them.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:29 - Sep 20 with 4376 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:28 - Sep 20 by Sarge

I have nothing but intense hatred for brexiteers. It’s not even a case of disagreeing with their opinions, I absolutely detest them for what they’ve done to this country and for what? For absolutely nothing in return.

I don’t buy that they were misled. They knew what they were doing, it was patently clear what leaving the EU would do and they kept their fingers in their ears and toddled off to the polling station.

Wow, thats quite powerful.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:31 - Sep 20 with 4363 viewsDigger77

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:28 - Sep 20 by Sarge

Wow, someone isn't over it yet!

Scum?
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:36 - Sep 20 with 4328 viewsBlueBadger

Ah now. Not all of them were scum.

Some of them were thick.
Some of them were thick and xenophobic.
Some of the were thick, xenophobic scum.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:37 - Sep 20 with 4321 viewsSarge

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:31 - Sep 20 by Digger77

Scum?

Over what? The fact my country is being dragged back to the 1950s? The fact that we’ve chucked away positive and fruitful trade and cultural relations for the square root of fck all? No I’m not over that or nor should anyone else with any sense.

Scum got through the filter, it’s the mildest term.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:38 - Sep 20 with 4311 viewsKeno

**ahem**

I could

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:39 - Sep 20 with 4301 viewshype313

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:31 - Sep 20 by Digger77

Scum?

C'mon, not Scum.

Sub Human Scum is more appropriate.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:43 - Sep 20 with 4276 viewsWacko

Scum?

"Over" implies it was a one-off event that happened in the past. The repercussions are still happening and will do for many years to come. It's a disgrace

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:00 - Sep 20 with 4205 viewsDigger77

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:39 - Sep 20 by hype313

C'mon, not Scum.

Sub Human Scum is more appropriate.

Only if done in a Partridge voice. Then it's absolutely appropriate!
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:04 - Sep 20 with 4178 viewsCaptainAhab

Couldn't agree more, it's terrible and it's only because of the pandemic we haven't been hit with the full realisation of just how sh*t it is. There really is no upside.

It's the young people who will suffer the most, I feel sorry for my kids (and yours) who can't experience the freedom of Europe, like they should be able to. I own a snowboard shop and every year we (used to) get an influx of excited young people about to head off on their first season, picking up their essentials. Covid obviously put paid to that last year, but I fear even when we're back to "normal" there'll be no return to this. Sure you CAN travel for extended periods in Europe and sure, European companies CAN employ Brits, but for most people and most companies it's just not worth the hassle and hoop jumping.

Truly sad, imagine giving away your (and your childrens) freedom to work, travel and live in Europe for some non-exsitent, perceived threat of foreign hordes...
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:16 - Sep 20 with 4124 viewsDigger77

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:04 - Sep 20 by CaptainAhab

Couldn't agree more, it's terrible and it's only because of the pandemic we haven't been hit with the full realisation of just how sh*t it is. There really is no upside.

It's the young people who will suffer the most, I feel sorry for my kids (and yours) who can't experience the freedom of Europe, like they should be able to. I own a snowboard shop and every year we (used to) get an influx of excited young people about to head off on their first season, picking up their essentials. Covid obviously put paid to that last year, but I fear even when we're back to "normal" there'll be no return to this. Sure you CAN travel for extended periods in Europe and sure, European companies CAN employ Brits, but for most people and most companies it's just not worth the hassle and hoop jumping.

Truly sad, imagine giving away your (and your childrens) freedom to work, travel and live in Europe for some non-exsitent, perceived threat of foreign hordes...

I'm sure the young will work out how to fill in a few online forms.

Only if they can be bothered with the hassle though (like they couldn't to vote).
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:19 - Sep 20 with 4109 viewschicoazul

I only recently realised this is really a Brexit film, Edgar Wright is such a genius
NSFW, kids

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:25 - Sep 20 with 4075 viewsnoggin

You have a point.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:28 - Sep 20 with 4063 viewsfactual_blue

I know you are absolutely correct. How do I know?

A downvote from downvote daveU.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:34 - Sep 20 with 4008 viewsnoggin

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:28 - Sep 20 by factual_blue

I know you are absolutely correct. How do I know?

A downvote from downvote daveU.

He's loving the attention he never got from his mother.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:38 - Sep 20 with 3990 viewsfactual_blue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:34 - Sep 20 by noggin

He's loving the attention he never got from his mother.

balls

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:42 - Sep 20 with 3963 viewsfactual_blue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:38 - Sep 20 by Keno

**ahem**

I could

Seriously, would they let you in?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:07 - Sep 20 with 3875 viewsBlueBadger

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:16 - Sep 20 by Digger77

I'm sure the young will work out how to fill in a few online forms.

Only if they can be bothered with the hassle though (like they couldn't to vote).

But wasn't voting leave going to mean much less red tape?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 18:14]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:08 - Sep 20 with 3879 viewsBlueBadger

It is very weird how much Brexiteers hate Jeremy Corbyn given that what they've voted for is now delivering everything they said he would.

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:15 - Sep 20 with 3845 viewsHARRY10

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:17 - Sep 20 by itfc_bucks

Just a quick Point of Order, nobody really, REALLY gives a flying f**k about imperial measures. They've not been taught for 50 years plus, so literally nobody is still losing any sleep over it AND we were actually rather keen on the idea of moving to metric, back in the day. And if you really want to lose your sh*t over it, you could do metric to imperial equivalents.

Blue passports could have been had at any time. And they'd have been made in the UK too, rather than France, as they are now.

There wont be a yacht, there wont be a Boris Bridge and there wont be a Boris Island Airport - that's all smokescreen and bollix to distract from whatever the latest Govt f**k up was.

Trade deal with Oz? Whatevs, it's the other side of the planet, mate. Priorities, yeah?

Agreed, this sorry shower need to be binned off and the electorate need to wise up. Sharpish.

Imperial measures still dominate everyday life, mostly because they are more practical and relate to the quantiries we use and can measure with

But why do we need some change in the law, as if talking about someone being 6 foot, having a 30 inch waist, wearing size 9 shoes or the height of a horse in hands is some illegal act. Folk use what suits them, and no one is bothered

The reality is it is a desperate scrap being thrown to the thick to show that brexit is being done. Whereas what is really about to be done is removing EU protections on GM crops, food and animals. Removing protections on clinical trials etc

Australia have shown that unless the UK can get countries to rollover (ie stick with EU regs) the UK has to concede quite a bit. In this case animal welfare, the use of growth hormones and lord knows what. And before the thickos bleat, the idea is that the UK removes country of origin labelling - so none of us will have a clue what is in processed meat foods.

This is just the beginning. The businesses and trade shifting across the channel will continue. No one can say they were not warned.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:16 - Sep 20 with 3846 viewsfactual_blue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:07 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

But wasn't voting leave going to mean much less red tape?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 18:14]

Less red tape. And what little there is will be better, global, over-ready red tape.

#getbehindyourredtape

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:21 - Sep 20 with 3826 viewsMattinLondon

‘Scum’ might well be a tad too far but most of them weren’t misled - when it came fine to it they sided with the racists and xenophobes. They sided with the people who want to limit workers rights and to create a Singapore in the North Sea. They created this mess but they refuse to own it.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:26 - Sep 20 with 3801 viewsMattinLondon

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:15 - Sep 20 by HARRY10

Imperial measures still dominate everyday life, mostly because they are more practical and relate to the quantiries we use and can measure with

But why do we need some change in the law, as if talking about someone being 6 foot, having a 30 inch waist, wearing size 9 shoes or the height of a horse in hands is some illegal act. Folk use what suits them, and no one is bothered

The reality is it is a desperate scrap being thrown to the thick to show that brexit is being done. Whereas what is really about to be done is removing EU protections on GM crops, food and animals. Removing protections on clinical trials etc

Australia have shown that unless the UK can get countries to rollover (ie stick with EU regs) the UK has to concede quite a bit. In this case animal welfare, the use of growth hormones and lord knows what. And before the thickos bleat, the idea is that the UK removes country of origin labelling - so none of us will have a clue what is in processed meat foods.

This is just the beginning. The businesses and trade shifting across the channel will continue. No one can say they were not warned.

Imperial measurements are only practical if you happen to be British or American and grew up with them. To everyone else they are ridiculous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024