Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. 15:51 - Sep 20 with 14515 viewsunstableblue

... anymore unless you are loaded or have a company offering you a professional contract over a period of time

I would have loved Unstable junior to go and work a summer of ski season.. or just go and bum round Europe getting casual work

But that aside if someone a little older wanted to take a punt on opening a business in Europe, change of lifestyle, climate... you need serious ongoing income, medical insurance

I know someone going to study in Italy for a short time, as its over 9 weeks they're going through a full visa process

This really is b@llox isn't it? what a load of lies and 'project fear' cack the majority were fed... so what they could get pounds and ounces at the green grocers... a new royal yacht.. blue passports... and a trade deal with Australia (which is woeful)

We need to get this government out, go on a charm offensive... and start trying to build the best arrangement and deals we can possibly get.. and make some frickin concessions

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 21:08 - Sep 20 with 1438 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 19:59 - Sep 20 by HARRY10

Genuine concerns, my arz !

It was naked xenophobia, bigotry and racism... no more.If their was anything genuine then it would have been raised. Instead any debate was stifled by the witless hordes bleating out Orwellian slogans......... "project fear, master knows best, fake news..... baa baa"

What the brexit campaign did, and has done since, is lift the lid on the stupidity that swirls around the country.

Over the past 40 years, no lie has been too idiotic that these people will not believe it and bleat out. You need only to look up the road at the witless shy the former Lowestoft MEP still spews out. A whine that she was lied to by Boris Johnson, when he told her that stuff that was previously agreed by international agreement could simply be ignored (as with the NI protocol).

As any of them if they have a clue about the differences between the EU Commission, Council and Parliament - and the best you will get is a bleat that it is all undemocratic and imposes awful laws upon the UK. And when asked they will come up with some nonsense about Xmas being banned, along with bent bananas and hedgehog flavoured cucumbers.

Look at the cretins living in Spain who didn't think the removal of freedom of movement applied to them. The dimwitted farmers with their fields festooned with huge Leave posters the imposition of UK regulation post brexit applied to them, just as the cretinous former MEP thought that after brexit UK fishermen could catch as much as they wanted in UK waters sell it to EU countries while removing their centuries old fishing rights.

All of this stupidity set against overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Understand why they choose to believe obvious lies, and you will be on the way to understanding what motivated them, then and now.

I think that’s a tad unfair. I’ve heard stories I believe from people who lost their job only for it to be replaced by EU immigrants shipped in solely to do that job more cheaply. The construction sector seemed particularly vulnerable to that. So I understand why people would resent EU workers and the EU in cases like that, without the need for underlying racism or xenophobia. Ultimately it was the developer screwing them over, but I can understand why they were easy to turn against the EU.

Not many arguments on the rest though. It’s been a complete scam and set the country back decades.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 21:31 - Sep 20 with 1391 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 20:55 - Sep 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Everything with you is absolute hey Harry!
Part of the problem was enabling all that manufacturing to pop off to Eastern Europe courtesy of you know who!
What were those benefits that you friends perceived out of interest?
Brexit was multi faceted but I understand how your World view would prefer not to see it as such.

Plenty of manufacturing popped off to China and the Far East too, it’s hardly an sole EU membership problem. And then on top of that we’ve had a raft of manufacturing relocate because of the new constraints of Brexit.

People were sold a lie, undoubtedly. There were some nuggets of truth in there about downsides that being in the EU enabled, but rarely was the EU a direct cause or rarely was it an EU specific problem.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 21:47 - Sep 20 with 1372 viewsDigger77

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:27 - Sep 20 by Illinoisblue

That’s what I don’t get as I’ve observed from afar… what exactly are the benefits? Beyond juvenile thoughts of “taking back control” what has been won?

Well the EU hardly covered themselves in glory with their handling of the pandemic. Being out of it saved countless lives in the UK.

Granny benefitted!
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 21:51 - Sep 20 with 1355 viewsjaykay

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:28 - Sep 20 by factual_blue

I know you are absolutely correct. How do I know?

A downvote from downvote daveU.

hmmmm and by the looks of things a down vote from you to

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 21:57 - Sep 20 with 1335 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 21:31 - Sep 20 by Swansea_Blue

Plenty of manufacturing popped off to China and the Far East too, it’s hardly an sole EU membership problem. And then on top of that we’ve had a raft of manufacturing relocate because of the new constraints of Brexit.

People were sold a lie, undoubtedly. There were some nuggets of truth in there about downsides that being in the EU enabled, but rarely was the EU a direct cause or rarely was it an EU specific problem.

All fair...it is just a cog in the globalist corporate, not citizen, friendly machine.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 21:58]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:05 - Sep 20 with 1303 viewsMattinLondon

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 21:47 - Sep 20 by Digger77

Well the EU hardly covered themselves in glory with their handling of the pandemic. Being out of it saved countless lives in the UK.

Granny benefitted!

Which country has the most deaths in Europe?
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:18 - Sep 20 with 1283 viewsLord_Lucan

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:05 - Sep 20 by MattinLondon

Deaths per 1m population UK is currently 15th in Europe - snuck in a mid table cluster just waiting for someone to break away from the pack, like a Covid ridden Brendan Foster.

Unless you are talking about total deaths without factoring in population, in which case it is Russia.

But no one would be stoopid enough to not include population and put Russia on a head to head with Luxembourg would they?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 22:22]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:25 - Sep 20 with 1273 viewsbariotneblue

It wasn’t too long ago, on a purely selfish level, that I could easily go to work for months at a time in Europe with little or no problem. But the the palaver involved is very inconvenient for anyone wanting to work there on a freelance basis. Completely down to the (I’m being polite here) Xenophobic mindset of these little englanders and the populism therein witching government. And now we’re all part of this pathetic face saving policy from Downing Street. It would be an understatement to say I’m incensed by this utter madness.

A friend of mine just had a fairly lucrative contract cancelled in Madrid because they couldn’t show proof of regular income post Covid as it was prt of Spain’s Visa criteria. Obviously there’s a certain amount of blame to be put at Spain’s legal processes but how on earth anyone believed Brexit could be prosperous for the citizens of the UK need their heads checking.

All this because some horrid little turds on their sofa’s didn’t like the idea of another non white person inhabiting within a few miles of them. Pathetic really.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:31 - Sep 20 with 1252 viewsDigger77

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:05 - Sep 20 by MattinLondon

Dunno, but while the EU were acting like a sh1t mafia, the UK were getting jabby!

Don't you remember the threats?
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 23:07 - Sep 20 with 1201 viewsHARRY10

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:18 - Sep 20 by Lord_Lucan

Deaths per 1m population UK is currently 15th in Europe - snuck in a mid table cluster just waiting for someone to break away from the pack, like a Covid ridden Brendan Foster.

Unless you are talking about total deaths without factoring in population, in which case it is Russia.

But no one would be stoopid enough to not include population and put Russia on a head to head with Luxembourg would they?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 22:22]

nope, not true

The figure as of 12th September have the UK at 9th*, though fear not

The UK has the highest number of deaths in Europe at 134,200, as of September 12, 2021.

* https://www.statista.com/statistics/1111779/coronavirus-death-rate-europe-by-cou
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 23:41 - Sep 20 with 1174 viewsunstableblue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 19:40 - Sep 20 by Timefliesbyintheblue

'We need to get this government out, go on a charm offensive... and start trying to build the best arrangement and deals we can possibly get.. and make some frickin concessions'

The above came from the original thread - please tell me who 'we' are and whatever anyone thinks of the present government, please enlighten me on what creditable alternative there might be. It is no good saying things like 'anyone but this lot', be realistic, stop name calling or/and suggesting the electorate are stupid, thick, scum, xenophobic etc, if they dare to vote different to any of you.
To suggest that folk who voted Brexit or and Conservative are worse human beings, or less caring, less considerate, less understanding, racist etc etc is both unfair and untrue.
Until a more constructive dialogue exists here, there and everywhere, you will just get more of the same; remember 99% of folk want the same conclusion; we just have different ideas on how to get there.
For my part, I hate no one and find it distressing that words like this are used far too often even on TWTD.

This is the worst cabinet in living memory

This is a government with proven endemic sleaze

The Brexit campaign was a lie based on prejudice and false benefits

We have damaged our economy, international status and our values as a positive force on the world stage

The union moved closer to break up, and the situation in Northern Ireland is appalling

Boris Johnson is a proven and serial liar

Their policies on energy, social care, green economy are failing or continually stalled

A labour, green and Lib Dem pact would be a far more positive force at this time..,, HOW COULD IT POSSIBLY BE ANY WORSE

It’s a cabinet that supported the booing of taking the knee..,, A LIE, A HORRIBLE LIE.., exposed further by our lads being abused Hungary only weeks ago.., is that the values you want from a government??

If you don’t think that a large portion of the Brexit vote was built on xenophobia then you’re kidding yourself

But to one of your points, I am not anti conservative- but if you think this cabinet has any relation to a functioning Tory team you are VERY mistaken… all integrity and quality was removed to fuel Boris Brexit project …..

Watch this… this is a Conservative with values speaking out… you should start thinking like him:

I assume you have been blinkered by decades of our dominant right wing media…. Which even in this darkest of times, continues to laud this shambles

A new Britain is not some dads army, empire, white cliffs of Dover clap trap espoused by the Daily Mail…. It should have been driving a green, inclusive, and positive agenda with our near neighbours as the US and Asia implodes

I am not a fan of the European super state project… but you need to read up on just how shambolic our Brexit arrangements have been negotiated..,, don’t listen to the lies… the Europeans offered us concessions that we turned down

WAKE UP

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 00:13 - Sep 21 with 1162 viewsunstableblue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:25 - Sep 20 by bariotneblue

It wasn’t too long ago, on a purely selfish level, that I could easily go to work for months at a time in Europe with little or no problem. But the the palaver involved is very inconvenient for anyone wanting to work there on a freelance basis. Completely down to the (I’m being polite here) Xenophobic mindset of these little englanders and the populism therein witching government. And now we’re all part of this pathetic face saving policy from Downing Street. It would be an understatement to say I’m incensed by this utter madness.

A friend of mine just had a fairly lucrative contract cancelled in Madrid because they couldn’t show proof of regular income post Covid as it was prt of Spain’s Visa criteria. Obviously there’s a certain amount of blame to be put at Spain’s legal processes but how on earth anyone believed Brexit could be prosperous for the citizens of the UK need their heads checking.

All this because some horrid little turds on their sofa’s didn’t like the idea of another non white person inhabiting within a few miles of them. Pathetic really.

I hear you!

And below in this thread the same ‘oh don’t criticise the man in the street as xenophobe’ we’re criticising our now prime minister who peddled the lie, with forage and Murdoch... who then continue to suggest boris is still the best option!!

Read the below from the ex Independent editor... cause I just want to pick up your point on Spanish process... what is so fundamental is that to be in a trade zone, and get all the benefits, you need to align to and conform to... all those lies about straight bananas... were actually making something positive and hard grafted a negative

The good news is that over time... we’ll build some of it back... but by then we’ll have further damaged financial services and manufacturing, and the red tape will be worse!!

Boris, this cabinet, Brexit.. it’s all just a big lie.... like Donald Trump ever being anything more than a greedy narcissist

https://www.politico.eu/article/a-brexit-lesson-eus-benefits-largely-invisible-h

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 01:01 - Sep 21 with 1145 viewsBLUEGOLD

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 21:57 - Sep 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

All fair...it is just a cog in the globalist corporate, not citizen, friendly machine.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 21:58]

You voted on the same side as Farage.

Even my Tory parents in law said well we can’t vote the same as him.

You own this chum
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 01:10 - Sep 21 with 1141 viewsfactual_blue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 21:51 - Sep 20 by jaykay

hmmmm and by the looks of things a down vote from you to

Technical error. Gav Out.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 01:14 - Sep 21 with 1146 viewsTexaco73

Don't forget we had 10 years of austerity leading up to the 2016 ref.
That also played a part in protest voting against the government. Would have been seen by some as an easy way to give Cameron and co. a black eye, but not really understanding that it wasn't a consequence free vote.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 01:55 - Sep 21 with 1135 viewsEireannach_gorm

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 21:47 - Sep 20 by Digger77

Granny benefitted!

Nice swerve. Maybe quote a bit of Latin or point to the sunny uplands as well.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 02:09 - Sep 21 with 1135 viewsEireannach_gorm

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 01:14 - Sep 21 by Texaco73

Don't forget we had 10 years of austerity leading up to the 2016 ref.
That also played a part in protest voting against the government. Would have been seen by some as an easy way to give Cameron and co. a black eye, but not really understanding that it wasn't a consequence free vote.

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 05:26 - Sep 21 with 1087 viewsBlueBadger

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 19:24 - Sep 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

The problem was that the Labour Party hated him!

Nah, the problem with Corbyn was that not only is he posh, incompetent and racist, he's the worng kind of posh, incompetent racist.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 07:32 - Sep 21 with 1029 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 05:26 - Sep 21 by BlueBadger

Nah, the problem with Corbyn was that not only is he posh, incompetent and racist, he's the worng kind of posh, incompetent racist.

If only it was all about policies and not media pushed personality narratives!

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 07:35 - Sep 21 with 1025 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 01:01 - Sep 21 by BLUEGOLD

You voted on the same side as Farage.

Even my Tory parents in law said well we can’t vote the same as him.

You own this chum

Again, simplistic and personality driven....ah those sweet smelling remain Summer wheat fields! Fancy all those people voting to Leave when they never had it so good.

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 07:36 - Sep 21 with 1013 viewsLord_Lucan

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 23:07 - Sep 20 by HARRY10

nope, not true

The figure as of 12th September have the UK at 9th*, though fear not

The UK has the highest number of deaths in Europe at 134,200, as of September 12, 2021.

* https://www.statista.com/statistics/1111779/coronavirus-death-rate-europe-by-cou

Have a day off Harry

Your data only shows countries in the European Economic Area and not Europe as a whole - which was the area in question.

You then go on to highlight (literally, in bold) the figure of the highest deaths in the European Economic area without the context of population - which is cretinous.

15th

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 07:40 - Sep 21 with 996 viewsDigger77

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 07:36 - Sep 21 by Lord_Lucan

Have a day off Harry

Your data only shows countries in the European Economic Area and not Europe as a whole - which was the area in question.

You then go on to highlight (literally, in bold) the figure of the highest deaths in the European Economic area without the context of population - which is cretinous.

15th

Plus nobody actually believes that figure. It's full of heart attack victims etc! It's made up.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 07:43 - Sep 21 with 979 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 07:36 - Sep 21 by Lord_Lucan

Have a day off Harry

15th

Allow me to do some channelling Alan....
"More absolute, moronic, rightie guff!"

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 07:50 - Sep 21 with 969 viewsDanTheMan

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 07:40 - Sep 21 by Digger77

Plus nobody actually believes that figure. It's full of heart attack victims etc! It's made up.

I'm sure you have something that proves this, and it's not just you making things up.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 07:54 - Sep 21 with 960 viewsLord_Lucan

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 07:40 - Sep 21 by Digger77

I think "Made up" is a stretch but I think without question it can be suggested that criteria of deaths between different countries is not necessarily balanced. I doubt we will ever know the real figures.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024