Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. 15:51 - Sep 20 with 14500 viewsunstableblue

... anymore unless you are loaded or have a company offering you a professional contract over a period of time

I would have loved Unstable junior to go and work a summer of ski season.. or just go and bum round Europe getting casual work

But that aside if someone a little older wanted to take a punt on opening a business in Europe, change of lifestyle, climate... you need serious ongoing income, medical insurance

I know someone going to study in Italy for a short time, as its over 9 weeks they're going through a full visa process

This really is b@llox isn't it? what a load of lies and 'project fear' cack the majority were fed... so what they could get pounds and ounces at the green grocers... a new royal yacht.. blue passports... and a trade deal with Australia (which is woeful)

We need to get this government out, go on a charm offensive... and start trying to build the best arrangement and deals we can possibly get.. and make some frickin concessions

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 12:19 - Sep 21 with 1480 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 09:45 - Sep 21 by EddyJ

I'm not sure we have relaxed our food standards. While it is true that Australia use hormone-injected beef for domestic food production, they are used to complying with other countries' food regulations for exports.

Despite being told that EU immigration was not holding down wages and benefits for certain sectors of blue collar workers, they have dramatically increased since Brexit (chefs and lorry drivers, for example).

As mentioned above, we did much better in the vaccine roll out than the EU. Macron responded by parroting some anti-vax rubbish about the safety of the AZ vaccine which will have cost many lives across the world.

The EU is pushing for ever-closer integration. The much-talked-about EU army looks closer than ever (especially after the AUKUS announcement this week). That would never have washed politically in the UK. We simply want a different kind of relationship with other European nations than Germany and particularly France.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 9:47]

But apart from that!
You have to remember that the wage thing was not a real concern but the deluded rambling of xenophobic racists.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 12:30 - Sep 21 with 1449 viewsEddyJ

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 12:19 - Sep 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

But apart from that!
You have to remember that the wage thing was not a real concern but the deluded rambling of xenophobic racists.

There are plenty of compelling arguments against Brexit; trade barriers and Northern Ireland being two.

The whole "all Brexiteers are xeneophic racists" argument is counter productive. Its needlessly divisive and creates a more extreme tribal country. Lets try to find a centre-ground rather than name-calling.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 12:37 - Sep 21 with 1435 viewsEwan_Oozami

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 09:56 - Sep 21 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Thank you for your reply. You state that a Labour, Green, Lib Dem pact would be a far more positive force at this time - you may of course be correct, but that type of government is impossible to vote for;
Then like so many on here you suggest I am blinkered and need to wake up!
A politician once said to me that this country would/could always have a centre left or even left wing government at all times, if only they could present a united front and start to respect all opinions and views.
This site and particularly this thread proves that over and over again.
I will leave you all to your infighting.

It was Tory infighting that caused Brexit in the first place....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

There was a study a couple of months..... on 12:41 - Sep 21 with 1430 viewsDanTheMan

There was a study a couple of months..... on 11:05 - Sep 21 by Bloots

....back, that showed on average 11% of patients in hospital that tested positive for covid caught it while in hospital.

In some hospitals the figure was shown to be as high as 25%.

So that will inevitably and unfortunately account for some of the deaths "with covid"
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 12:04]

Which, one would assum,e would happen in other countries too.

And also those people may have survived if they also did not get infected with Covid. As an example of this, my father died because he got a chest infection whilst he had lung cancer and his body was not strong enough to fight off both. One could argue that the cancer killed him, another could argue it was the chest infection.

I imagine both were on his death certificate.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 13:14 - Sep 21 with 1381 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 12:37 - Sep 21 by Ewan_Oozami

It was Tory infighting that caused Brexit in the first place....

I agree with you and indeed the Tories were divided on Europe since the word go - Ken Clarke wanted to take us into the euro for heavens sake!
That though is not my point and you are wise enough to understand what I am saying.
If all factions of the Labour Party were to unite including the Trade Unions and stop their internal wrangling and posturing they would win most elections.
To hope they can win again on the back of a poor government rather than their own policies and showing a united front is just not going to happen, and that is a shame.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 13:29 - Sep 21 with 1358 viewsEireannach_gorm

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 11:40 - Sep 21 by Digger77

While the EU were suffering from the third wave, the UK were getting back to business. How many old and vulnerable died while the EU were dithering / making threats?

Short memories!

Is that so?

(As the population of the EU is about 6.5 times bigger than the UK the graph is per 100k)

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart/?areas=eur&areas=gbr&areasRegional=u
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 13:30 - Sep 21 with 1359 viewsunstableblue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 11:23 - Sep 21 by ellerblue

i totally agree regarding living and working in europe,just for the record i obviously voted remain as i live in germany, luckily i had been here long enough to be covered by the withdrawal agreement, so qualified for a residence card.but the downside for me is that next year i wish to return to live in Suffolk with my german wife to be near our family as we will both be retired, with the immigration rules changing, pre brexit would have been no problem now my wife has to obtain a visa to be allowed to live with me in the uk, this visa will cost approx 7000 pounds over a 5 year period,agreed part of this is a nhs contribution which i totally agree with , the visa is not a given right it can be refused, the procedure can take up to 6 months to obtain the visa. so brexit has f.....ked relocation bothways.

Its really unbelievable isn't it...

But how could 'remain' project fear compete with messaging of this outcome... by laying down facts on this change... when Boris was stating "we'll have the benefits of being in Europe, but in control of our own destiny (sic)".. Leave just lied..its a BIG lie

I'm hearing your kind of story regularly

Local engineering company in colch just want to do some short technical exchanges to the european parent...becoming really challenging.. to the detriment of you english technicians.. its disgusting if you think about it...

all beacause the sun, mail, express, telegraph and times ran an anti-eu campaign for 20 years.. and the likes of Farage lives in some weird world of 2 world wars and 1 world cup

AGAIN, i'm not a supported everthing about the EU, its too much integration...I have a major problem with the lies that were told and the dereliction of duty many MPs and corbyn showed

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 13:53 - Sep 21 with 1326 viewsleitrimblue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 20:55 - Sep 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Everything with you is absolute hey Harry!
Part of the problem was enabling all that manufacturing to pop off to Eastern Europe courtesy of you know who!
What were those benefits that you friends perceived out of interest?
Brexit was multi faceted but I understand how your World view would prefer not to see it as such.

The freedom of movement thing was quite nice. Allowed half of the Chalkstone estate to get outta Haverhill an feck off to Europe for a few months every summer. Or did you think only 'posh young people' did that?
Login to get fewer ads

How can something that bares no relation to the topic, or even make sense.. on 14:08 - Sep 21 with 1297 viewsunstableblue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 10:31 - Sep 21 by Swansea_Blue

All seems a bit tasteless this inane point scoring over the lives of people lost to a global pandemic.

… get three uppies?!

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 14:08 - Sep 21 with 1296 viewsjaykay

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 13:29 - Sep 21 by Eireannach_gorm

Is that so?

(As the population of the EU is about 6.5 times bigger than the UK the graph is per 100k)

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart/?areas=eur&areas=gbr&areasRegional=u

don't give him figures that are printed. he likes to pluck them out of thin air., while looking out on to his village green

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 15:05 - Sep 21 with 1234 viewssotd78

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 19:40 - Sep 20 by Timefliesbyintheblue

'We need to get this government out, go on a charm offensive... and start trying to build the best arrangement and deals we can possibly get.. and make some frickin concessions'

The above came from the original thread - please tell me who 'we' are and whatever anyone thinks of the present government, please enlighten me on what creditable alternative there might be. It is no good saying things like 'anyone but this lot', be realistic, stop name calling or/and suggesting the electorate are stupid, thick, scum, xenophobic etc, if they dare to vote different to any of you.
To suggest that folk who voted Brexit or and Conservative are worse human beings, or less caring, less considerate, less understanding, racist etc etc is both unfair and untrue.
Until a more constructive dialogue exists here, there and everywhere, you will just get more of the same; remember 99% of folk want the same conclusion; we just have different ideas on how to get there.
For my part, I hate no one and find it distressing that words like this are used far too often even on TWTD.

I think it is pretty obvious that little old Britain is now like a boat bobbing around in an ocean of sharks - we cannot get a trade deal with the Yanks (quote Boris as saying they are extremely tough negotiators); we surrendered a load of principles and protections that the EU provided our farmers for a deal with the millions of sheep in Australia. We are now such pariahs that the French will probably never let us back even if we could persuade
enough of our thick (and thick is the only word) electorate to vote to return. Roll on Scottish Independence and we really will be little England full of little Englanders. Still we'll have our 1950's values back along with the 1950's lifestyle to go with it.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:07 - Sep 21 with 1137 viewsmylittletown

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 11:35 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

It's not like a marathon, where a slow start doesn't matter and you can "catch up". Just because you ramp up vaccination quickly doesn't make up for a poor start.

And that poor start was down to EU countries being tied to the procurement scheme whereas we were able to strike our own deals early on.

You are dismissing the vital importance of getting as many vulnerable people jabbed as quickly as possible back in January/February/March.

And we have no supply issues. We are sadly having to dispose of unused vaccines that have past their best before date.

We owe a great deal to the NHS workers, Army personal and volunteers who helped roll the vaccine out. And also the CMO's who took the decision to get as many vulnerable people their first jab rather than go more slowly with a two jab programme.

[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 11:40]

EU countries weren't 'tied to the procurement scheme'.
Any of them could have decided not to take part in it. As it happens the 27 unanimously agreed to take part.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:47 - Sep 21 with 1102 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 13:53 - Sep 21 by leitrimblue

The freedom of movement thing was quite nice. Allowed half of the Chalkstone estate to get outta Haverhill an feck off to Europe for a few months every summer. Or did you think only 'posh young people' did that?

I think you will find they still can.....was more about the ski set. As I said I am fairly sure that where I used to hitch for grape picking would still be OK.

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:19 - Sep 21 with 1072 viewsleitrimblue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:47 - Sep 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think you will find they still can.....was more about the ski set. As I said I am fairly sure that where I used to hitch for grape picking would still be OK.

Grape picking is so middle class😁
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:21 - Sep 21 with 1062 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:19 - Sep 21 by leitrimblue

Grape picking is so middle class😁

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:25 - Sep 21 with 1054 viewsleitrimblue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:21 - Sep 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:31 - Sep 21 with 1037 viewsJ2BLUE

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:07 - Sep 21 by mylittletown

Any of them could have decided not to take part in it. As it happens the 27 unanimously agreed to take part.

Could have but didn't. Odd. Three countries were well on the way to a deal for vaccines before the EU muscled in and demanded to take over.

This argument that they could have gone it alone is a technicality. Some tried. They might have had the 'choice' but really there was no choice. To pretend otherwise is just being dishonest.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:45 - Sep 21 with 1002 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:07 - Sep 21 by mylittletown

You can technically leave the EU if you trigger Article 50. But we have all seen how difficult the EU make life for those who try to do so. Which is fair play to them. They will do everything to protect the integrity of the Union. That's their prerogative.

As J2 says, three countries tried to procure their own vaccines but they were strong armed by Ursula von der Leyen.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-eu-vaccine-idUSKBN29D13Y

You can believe that Brexit has been and will be a complete clustefcuk but also be honest enough to admit that Brexit made it possible for the UK to forge ahead with our own vaccine procurement.

It won't make you feel dirty to do so.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 18:49]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 20:27 - Sep 21 with 937 viewsblueconscience

I can, I have both a UK and Irish passport.

Although 98.65% of the people who whine about this probably had no intention to live or work abroad.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 20:41]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 20:53 - Sep 21 with 897 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:45 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

You can technically leave the EU if you trigger Article 50. But we have all seen how difficult the EU make life for those who try to do so. Which is fair play to them. They will do everything to protect the integrity of the Union. That's their prerogative.

As J2 says, three countries tried to procure their own vaccines but they were strong armed by Ursula von der Leyen.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-eu-vaccine-idUSKBN29D13Y

You can believe that Brexit has been and will be a complete clustefcuk but also be honest enough to admit that Brexit made it possible for the UK to forge ahead with our own vaccine procurement.

It won't make you feel dirty to do so.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 18:49]

"You can technically leave the EU if you trigger Article 50. But we have all seen how difficult the EU make life for those who try to do so."

Oh please, that's straight out of the Daily Express playbook. You often bring some interesting insight, but that's just propaganda.

We've been the only country to trigger A50, so are a pretty good test of that claim, and there's been nothing to little that the EU did to hinder our exit. On the contrary, most of the time the EU was waiting for us to make our mind up and then kept giving us extensions to sort our sh*t out. They've just agreed to another one. And we haven't just "technically" left. We've left the Union, the single market, the customs union. Short of bricking up the Channel Tunnel, I'm not sure what else you'd want.

(No issues with vaccine claims. Being out allowed us to move early as a plus. It cost us more, gave less accountability to the Pharma companies and resulted in a lower buildup of stocks as a negative. Swings and roundabouts really, and moving early was important at the time).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How can something that bares no relation to the topic, or even make sense.. on 21:05 - Sep 21 with 867 viewsSwansea_Blue

How can something that bares no relation to the topic, or even make sense.. on 14:08 - Sep 21 by unstableblue

… get three uppies?!

It was related to the discussion that had taken place over the previous couple of pages. The one where people were trying to prove we're winners because only 135,000 have died from covid. Hurrah!

Most threads go off topic, you have to be nimble on here - float like a bee and sting like a butterfly

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 21:10 - Sep 21 with 859 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 20:53 - Sep 21 by Swansea_Blue

"You can technically leave the EU if you trigger Article 50. But we have all seen how difficult the EU make life for those who try to do so."

Oh please, that's straight out of the Daily Express playbook. You often bring some interesting insight, but that's just propaganda.

We've been the only country to trigger A50, so are a pretty good test of that claim, and there's been nothing to little that the EU did to hinder our exit. On the contrary, most of the time the EU was waiting for us to make our mind up and then kept giving us extensions to sort our sh*t out. They've just agreed to another one. And we haven't just "technically" left. We've left the Union, the single market, the customs union. Short of bricking up the Channel Tunnel, I'm not sure what else you'd want.

(No issues with vaccine claims. Being out allowed us to move early as a plus. It cost us more, gave less accountability to the Pharma companies and resulted in a lower buildup of stocks as a negative. Swings and roundabouts really, and moving early was important at the time).

Where have you been for the past 5 years? Did we just trigger article 50 on one day and then just walk away?

I'm not knocking the EU. We were the country that wanted to leave. They wanted to keep the integrity of the union intact. We had to agree a settlement figure to leave.

That's how the EU works. The union is more important than the individual nations. And that's why UCDL strong armed the member states into signing on for the vaccine procurement scheme.

Again. That's not a criticism of the EU.

You seem to have read my post as being pro Brexit. It’s not. Over the past 5 years remainers have been queuing up on here to say how hard it was to leave. That people were mugged off thinking it was going to be easy.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 21:44]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:10 - Sep 21 with 790 viewsDarth_Koont

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 20:53 - Sep 21 by Swansea_Blue

Indeed. It was surprisingly easy to leave. It’s the reality of leaving and all the hassle and cost it entails to set up something else – and then still have long-term negatives – which is the problem.

This was plain as day from the first time the question was aired. Which was why the Leavers were holding up Norway as the example not, as it turns out, Australia but unable to take advantage of our biggest and closest market.

More of an own goal than Ullathorne’s backpass. In this scenario we’re a Gunn that controls the ball, turns and rifles it home. Then runs to the corner flag in celebration. 😑
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 22:11]

Pronouns: He/Him

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 08:53 - Sep 22 with 676 viewsLeaky

On the evening of the Brexit vote I rember watching David Dimbelby on BBC. He interviewed Nigel Farrage, who conceded that leave would loose the vote, and Paddy Ashdown would eat his hat if we voted to leave. All the opinion polls we saying remain would win. So leaving isn,t all done to us "scum" who voted to leave, remainers who couldn't be bothered to get off their backsides to vote should also take responsibility if they didn't get the result they wished.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 10:25 - Sep 22 with 628 viewsThe_Last_Baron

The Visa process is simple. couldn't be easier.

You book an appointment at the consulate and fill in an application form. You show that you have a good reason to live in the country, show you have money to support yourself and a place to stay. And medical insurance which doesn't really cost that much.

If you are going to work you need to prove you have a job to go to. Fair enough.

And in any case, you can visit any EU country for 90 days out of 180 which is enough for the vast majority of UK nationals.

So in a nutshell you can live in EU countries if you can show you won't be a financial burden to the state and you have a reason for living there.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024