Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. 15:51 - Sep 20 with 14517 viewsunstableblue

... anymore unless you are loaded or have a company offering you a professional contract over a period of time

I would have loved Unstable junior to go and work a summer of ski season.. or just go and bum round Europe getting casual work

But that aside if someone a little older wanted to take a punt on opening a business in Europe, change of lifestyle, climate... you need serious ongoing income, medical insurance

I know someone going to study in Italy for a short time, as its over 9 weeks they're going through a full visa process

This really is b@llox isn't it? what a load of lies and 'project fear' cack the majority were fed... so what they could get pounds and ounces at the green grocers... a new royal yacht.. blue passports... and a trade deal with Australia (which is woeful)

We need to get this government out, go on a charm offensive... and start trying to build the best arrangement and deals we can possibly get.. and make some frickin concessions

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 10:47 - Sep 22 with 1601 viewsbariotneblue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 10:25 - Sep 22 by The_Last_Baron

The Visa process is simple. couldn't be easier.

You book an appointment at the consulate and fill in an application form. You show that you have a good reason to live in the country, show you have money to support yourself and a place to stay. And medical insurance which doesn't really cost that much.

If you are going to work you need to prove you have a job to go to. Fair enough.

And in any case, you can visit any EU country for 90 days out of 180 which is enough for the vast majority of UK nationals.

So in a nutshell you can live in EU countries if you can show you won't be a financial burden to the state and you have a reason for living there.

It literally was easier before we left the EU. But now each country has varying rules regarding their Visa requirements. Not to mention if you’re struggling post-pandemic to show a regular income as the rules in Spain require. And if you have several contracts in one country which is entirely possible considering that in my line of work, European countries have a far more well funded and regular scene, then the 90 days in 180 isn’t as useful as you think it is.

It was significantly better for everyone before we left.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 10:53 - Sep 22 with 1582 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 10:47 - Sep 22 by bariotneblue

It literally was easier before we left the EU. But now each country has varying rules regarding their Visa requirements. Not to mention if you’re struggling post-pandemic to show a regular income as the rules in Spain require. And if you have several contracts in one country which is entirely possible considering that in my line of work, European countries have a far more well funded and regular scene, then the 90 days in 180 isn’t as useful as you think it is.

I take your point with the work contracts situation.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 11:03 - Sep 22 with 1541 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 21:10 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

Where have you been for the past 5 years? Did we just trigger article 50 on one day and then just walk away?

I'm not knocking the EU. We were the country that wanted to leave. They wanted to keep the integrity of the union intact. We had to agree a settlement figure to leave.

That's how the EU works. The union is more important than the individual nations. And that's why UCDL strong armed the member states into signing on for the vaccine procurement scheme.

Again. That's not a criticism of the EU.

You seem to have read my post as being pro Brexit. It’s not. Over the past 5 years remainers have been queuing up on here to say how hard it was to leave. That people were mugged off thinking it was going to be easy.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 21:44]

And how many of those 5 years were due to us? It should have been a 2 year process (albeit as unrealistic as that sounds). It's was a huge uncoupling, it's not going to happen in a matter on months. And I stand by the claim that the EU didn't deliberately make it difficult. The paper talk about punishment, etc., is just rubbish.

Anyway we've left, so let's just make the most of all our benefits .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 11:08 - Sep 22 with 1530 viewsHARRY10

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 08:53 - Sep 22 by Leaky

On the evening of the Brexit vote I rember watching David Dimbelby on BBC. He interviewed Nigel Farrage, who conceded that leave would loose the vote, and Paddy Ashdown would eat his hat if we voted to leave. All the opinion polls we saying remain would win. So leaving isn,t all done to us "scum" who voted to leave, remainers who couldn't be bothered to get off their backsides to vote should also take responsibility if they didn't get the result they wished.

Ah, so it was not the arsonist who set fire to the building who is responsible - it is those who didn't stop him (perhaps they thought he wouldn't be such a cnt as to do so)

As to Fartrage, he had already seen private polling at that point in the night, which showed a Leave win - so what did he have to gain by lying ......hmmm
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 11:16 - Sep 22 with 1515 viewsfab_lover

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 10:47 - Sep 22 by bariotneblue

In 2019, I got married to my partner, no "need" to do so as such (we were living together, both previously married, quite happy as things were) specifically because of Brexit. She was an EU citizen, working here for the NHS for the last 10 years, I'm a UK passport holder, born here.

We did it to safeguard both of us. It will probably be more of benefit to me, as I now have the right to live and work in Europe as long as (obviously) we are living together.

It was a rude awakening when travelling to Europe this summer to be asked how long I was staying for, proof I had booked return flights etc. As (God knows why) there isn't, for EU citizens with rights to stay in the UK, a passport stamp to that effect as there was /is for indefinite leave to remain non-UK citizens, she takes her Home Office email with her when going abroad to make sure she can get back into the UK.

I have gone from someone very very proud of being a UK citizen to now wishing I was German. To get citizenship in my wife's country would require staying there for 5 years which isn't going to happen.

All of this would be fine if there was a single sodding benefit to Brexit other than the fact that one can now get duty-free booze coming back into the UK; and that's literally it.

I have kept my friendships with Brexiteers, I blame not them but the self-serving rats like Farage and Cummings and of course Johnson for this terrible decision. If it wasn't for my children being in the UK, I'd be moving to Berlin.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 13:31 - Sep 22 with 1438 viewsleitrimblue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 10:25 - Sep 22 by The_Last_Baron

The Visa process is simple. couldn't be easier.

You book an appointment at the consulate and fill in an application form. You show that you have a good reason to live in the country, show you have money to support yourself and a place to stay. And medical insurance which doesn't really cost that much.

If you are going to work you need to prove you have a job to go to. Fair enough.

And in any case, you can visit any EU country for 90 days out of 180 which is enough for the vast majority of UK nationals.

So in a nutshell you can live in EU countries if you can show you won't be a financial burden to the state and you have a reason for living there.

Oi Bankster, can you see how this may have made it harder for working class kids then young rich people?
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 13:34 - Sep 22 with 1438 viewsHARRY10

"International Trade Secretary Liz Truss said: "This could be just the tip of the iceberg. The free trade deal we are negotiating with the US will create a host of export opportunities for British agriculture. We are seeking an ambitious and high standards agreement that benefits farmers and delivers for consumers." 30 September 2020

As with so much else about Brexit, this was clearly a blatant lie - E+nvironment Secretary George Eustice told Sky News: "It's just not a priority for the US administration" 21 September 2021

There were no negotiations last year, or the year before, or even this year.

But people vote on the basis of what they are told, as with

"The UK is "first in line" for a trade deal with the US, Boris Johnson has said after talks with Donald Trump's senior advisers." 10 January 2017

Yet it was clearly known then, as seen yesterday, that the US is concerned with the organ grinder, not the money ....who has now wandered off. The UK is a relatively small economy compared to the EU. And as such the UK has not been able to strike thedse 40 new deals by day one.

The best it has done is to roll over what it already had with the EU. Meaning it still follows EU regulations, but has no say in drafting them. The very rule taker the thickos said it would stop being. Only it still is, even more so.

But of that not a peep

As long as we continue to let them lie, they will do so.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 14:20 - Sep 22 with 1392 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 13:34 - Sep 22 by HARRY10

"International Trade Secretary Liz Truss said: "This could be just the tip of the iceberg. The free trade deal we are negotiating with the US will create a host of export opportunities for British agriculture. We are seeking an ambitious and high standards agreement that benefits farmers and delivers for consumers." 30 September 2020

As with so much else about Brexit, this was clearly a blatant lie - E+nvironment Secretary George Eustice told Sky News: "It's just not a priority for the US administration" 21 September 2021

There were no negotiations last year, or the year before, or even this year.

But people vote on the basis of what they are told, as with

"The UK is "first in line" for a trade deal with the US, Boris Johnson has said after talks with Donald Trump's senior advisers." 10 January 2017

Yet it was clearly known then, as seen yesterday, that the US is concerned with the organ grinder, not the money ....who has now wandered off. The UK is a relatively small economy compared to the EU. And as such the UK has not been able to strike thedse 40 new deals by day one.

The best it has done is to roll over what it already had with the EU. Meaning it still follows EU regulations, but has no say in drafting them. The very rule taker the thickos said it would stop being. Only it still is, even more so.

But of that not a peep

As long as we continue to let them lie, they will do so.

'But people vote on the basis of what they are told'

That is not entirely true HARRY10. However rude, arrogant and name calling to those of differing opinions folk may be, may I suggest that some of us make decisions on what we experience during our lives. Reading newspapers or listening to various media outlets allied to these experiences is what moulds our decision making.
There are several on here, you included, who are articulate and intelligent enough not to have to resort to the continual name calling of those with differing opinions.
As for me, I enjoy it, as it is conclusive evidence that those with these tendencies are far from anywhere near getting their own type of politics in power.

Oh and as for any USA trade deal, Barrack Obama at David Camerons behest, told us BEFORE the Brexit vote that the UK will be at the back of the queue for any such deal.
So you see as far as this goes the folk that voted were fully aware of the consequences
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 15:11 - Sep 22 with 1352 viewsEwan_Oozami

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 14:20 - Sep 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

'But people vote on the basis of what they are told'

That is not entirely true HARRY10. However rude, arrogant and name calling to those of differing opinions folk may be, may I suggest that some of us make decisions on what we experience during our lives. Reading newspapers or listening to various media outlets allied to these experiences is what moulds our decision making.
There are several on here, you included, who are articulate and intelligent enough not to have to resort to the continual name calling of those with differing opinions.
As for me, I enjoy it, as it is conclusive evidence that those with these tendencies are far from anywhere near getting their own type of politics in power.

Oh and as for any USA trade deal, Barrack Obama at David Camerons behest, told us BEFORE the Brexit vote that the UK will be at the back of the queue for any such deal.
So you see as far as this goes the folk that voted were fully aware of the consequences

"So you see as far as this goes the folk that voted were fully aware of the consequences"

Well yes, maybe on the Remain side they were....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 15:26 - Sep 22 with 1327 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 15:11 - Sep 22 by Ewan_Oozami

"So you see as far as this goes the folk that voted were fully aware of the consequences"

Well yes, maybe on the Remain side they were....

Both sides were aware of the consequences. You just want to believe it was only those who voted Remain; it suits your argument.

I have already pointed out how those that voted for Brexit were well aware of any USA no trade deal.
They were also aware that they would be £4300 annually worse off - Mr Osborne the chancellor told them so. Yet still they voted to leave.
Of course though it was only the 'leave' campaign that told porkies....
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 15:40 - Sep 22 with 1312 viewsEwan_Oozami

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 15:26 - Sep 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Both sides were aware of the consequences. You just want to believe it was only those who voted Remain; it suits your argument.

I have already pointed out how those that voted for Brexit were well aware of any USA no trade deal.
They were also aware that they would be £4300 annually worse off - Mr Osborne the chancellor told them so. Yet still they voted to leave.

Missing the point spectacularly as usual.....you've pointed out 2 things out of the enormous list of items that were flagged as disbenefits of Brexit...that's not being fully aware....

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:01 - Sep 22 with 1289 viewsHARRY10

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 15:26 - Sep 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Osborne was nit part of the Remain camp, and had there not been emergency action taken by the BoE on 4th August 2016 then the cost to voters would have been extremely costly.

As you say it was Leave 'who told porkies', in fact I cannot recall anything they said that was correct, or has since come true.

In regards to people voting on the basis of what they are told, then I should have qualified that a bit more. Yes people's experiences will fashion their ideas, but a huge amount is shaped by what they are told, on the basis that we all live fairly insular lives that precludes us experiencing what goes out outside of our immediate surroundings.

The UK has had a continuous drip of anti EU propaganda over the past 4 decades. Stuff that would normally be thought beyond absurd is now quote as fact.

Ask the average Leave voter what the difference is between the EU commission, council or parliament and I am certain you will not find one who even knows there are the three separate entities. But they will tell you it is 'undemocratic' without any explanation as to why.

A level of brexiteer stupidity that underlines the point

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:13 - Sep 22 with 1278 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 15:40 - Sep 22 by Ewan_Oozami

Missing the point spectacularly as usual.....you've pointed out 2 things out of the enormous list of items that were flagged as disbenefits of Brexit...that's not being fully aware....

I am missing no points at all EO let alone spectacularly - hey if you want to believe that the 17.4 million who voted for Brexit, were not aware of most of the consequences and that only the leave campaign told porkies and all Brexiteers were/are rash, stupid, ignorant, thickos (just a small example of recent name calling on TWTD forum) and that you hold any moral high ground and are far better human beings because you voted remain, then I am not going to even attempt to change your mind.
I have more important tasks right now as my Buxus -Semperviren in my front garden has been attacked by box tree caterpillars - I'll give you ten minutes to find a way to blame either Boris or Brexit or both.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:12 - Sep 22 with 1227 viewsHARRY10

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:13 - Sep 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

I am missing no points at all EO let alone spectacularly - hey if you want to believe that the 17.4 million who voted for Brexit, were not aware of most of the consequences and that only the leave campaign told porkies and all Brexiteers were/are rash, stupid, ignorant, thickos (just a small example of recent name calling on TWTD forum) and that you hold any moral high ground and are far better human beings because you voted remain, then I am not going to even attempt to change your mind.
I have more important tasks right now as my Buxus -Semperviren in my front garden has been attacked by box tree caterpillars - I'll give you ten minutes to find a way to blame either Boris or Brexit or both.

You may have a claim that some of the 17.4m were aware of the consequences, but any evidence was well hidden. Drowned out by the Orwellian bleat of 'project fear' and total denial of what has now come to pass.

And no one claimed that all brexiteers were "rash, stupid, ignorant, thickos", though a good argument could be made that most did their level best to live up to their names.

Yes, it was Leave who lied, as events then, and since have shown.

If being shown to have been right then I'm sure we can understand why some may feel they have the moral high ground - more so given the absolute fck up brexit is now causing, and will continue to cause.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 17:21 - Sep 22 with 1215 viewsEwan_Oozami

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 16:13 - Sep 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

That is a fantastic bit of heavy lifting you're doing there!

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:46 - Sep 22 with 1165 viewsLeaky

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 11:08 - Sep 22 by HARRY10

Ah, so it was not the arsonist who set fire to the building who is responsible - it is those who didn't stop him (perhaps they thought he wouldn't be such a cnt as to do so)

As to Fartrage, he had already seen private polling at that point in the night, which showed a Leave win - so what did he have to gain by lying ......hmmm

So too have that much info on Farage you must know him pretty well. So did Paddy Ashdown have the same info as he was on the same programe. As for your first sentace I would assume your a sensible guy, so therefore you must realise if you have vote the most votes win. Did remain voters assume they had already won so couldnt be aresed to vote
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 19:52 - Sep 22 with 1126 viewsHARRY10

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 18:46 - Sep 22 by Leaky

So too have that much info on Farage you must know him pretty well. So did Paddy Ashdown have the same info as he was on the same programe. As for your first sentace I would assume your a sensible guy, so therefore you must realise if you have vote the most votes win. Did remain voters assume they had already won so couldnt be aresed to vote

not sure what that jumble of misspelt words is supposed to mean
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 20:20 - Sep 22 with 1113 viewsLetchworth_Blue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 19:52 - Sep 22 by HARRY10

You really are an insulting little person aren't you? What if this poster has a genuine reason for his spelling (disability tolerance anyone?).

I have read all your posts on this subject and in nearly all cases you are insulting to anyone's opinion that differs from yours. Try having a sensible debate without ridiculing others. Hiding behind a keyboard isn't really that impressive, and does nothing for the credibility of what you are saying.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 21:48 - Sep 22 with 1049 viewsbrazil1982

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 19:52 - Sep 22 by HARRY10

Pot, kettle, black.
Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:32 - Sep 22 with 1019 viewsjaykay

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 20:20 - Sep 22 by Letchworth_Blue

You really are an insulting little person aren't you? What if this poster has a genuine reason for his spelling (disability tolerance anyone?).

I have read all your posts on this subject and in nearly all cases you are insulting to anyone's opinion that differs from yours. Try having a sensible debate without ridiculing others. Hiding behind a keyboard isn't really that impressive, and does nothing for the credibility of what you are saying.

i think you will find leaky is or was a plumber , so don't think his spelling is due to a disability. i always find the sites spell checker is a god send.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:37 - Sep 22 with 1013 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:32 - Sep 22 by jaykay

i think you will find leaky is or was a plumber , so don't think his spelling is due to a disability. i always find the sites spell checker is a god send.

Godsend.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:49 - Sep 22 with 991 viewsjaykay

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:37 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

Godsend.

i thought i was on your famous naughty step
or did one of your sock puppets inform you, like they do all sea blue posts. maybe the old excuse of i forgot to log in , comes into play

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:54 - Sep 22 with 978 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:49 - Sep 22 by jaykay

or did one of your sock puppets inform you, like they do all sea blue posts. maybe the old excuse of i forgot to log in , comes into play

You should also start each sentence with a capital letter.

Oh and there is no need for a space before a comma. Actually there is no need for a comma in that second sentence.

Always happy to help😄

Iron Lion Zion

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:58 - Sep 22 with 976 viewsLord_Lucan

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:49 - Sep 22 by jaykay

Not sure if I have bounced into this thread and don't understand what's going on or whether you've been pulled up over Godsend and Gods Send

Or - you mention Sea Blue - or is it SeaBlu - or even one of the big loons aliases??

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 23:09 - Sep 22 with 960 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. on 22:58 - Sep 22 by Lord_Lucan

Not sure if I have bounced into this thread and don't understand what's going on or whether you've been pulled up over Godsend and Gods Send

Or - you mention Sea Blue - or is it SeaBlu - or even one of the big loons aliases??

Our resident Ricky Tomlinson decided to join a pile on at the expense of somebody using poor spelling. I found it rather ironic that his post contained server of his own spelling, grammar and punctuation errors.

People in glass houses……….

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024