Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott Fraser 19:09 - Sep 20 with 3214 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Cannot see him being dropped, even when/if everyone is available.

Seen a lot of Edwards Celina Burns shouts from people, which would of course be a scary prospect for other teams.

But in this system I think that Scott Fraser is going to be the man to hold it all together. The amount of passes he slips round the corner for the wingers is huge. Him and Celina linked up well I thought. He constantly keeps the ball moving, probably should have scored on Saturday too.

Good player, I like him.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Scott Fraser on 19:57 - Sep 20 with 3047 viewsLeoMuff

They are all good, we have gone completely ott in the market here, I mean Barry, Chaplin we have a huge squad going fowards.

for me Burns and Edwards cannot be left out when fit on their current form. But I like Fraser too, not seen enough of Chaplin, Aluko, Barry. I would have thought Celina cost for a season loan makes him a must pick ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Scott Fraser on 20:03 - Sep 20 with 3010 viewsstrikalite

Scott Fraser on 19:57 - Sep 20 by LeoMuff

They are all good, we have gone completely ott in the market here, I mean Barry, Chaplin we have a huge squad going fowards.

for me Burns and Edwards cannot be left out when fit on their current form. But I like Fraser too, not seen enough of Chaplin, Aluko, Barry. I would have thought Celina cost for a season loan makes him a must pick ?

I'd be quite happy to start Celina and bring Edwards on for the last 25 minutes or so, that pace late on could be huge I think....or the other way round thinking about it, our best side doesn't have to start..
Scott Fraser on 20:14 - Sep 20 with 2937 viewsYallop

Scott Fraser on 20:03 - Sep 20 by strikalite

I'd be quite happy to start Celina and bring Edwards on for the last 25 minutes or so, that pace late on could be huge I think....or the other way round thinking about it, our best side doesn't have to start..

I disagree. You have to play your best team.
Scott Fraser on 20:28 - Sep 20 with 2878 viewsstrikalite

Scott Fraser on 20:14 - Sep 20 by Yallop

That's fair enough, I'd prefer to have my ace card up my sleeve but there you go, to be honest right now if Edwards is fit you could argue what that strongest side is...
Scott Fraser on 20:41 - Sep 20 with 2817 viewsSwansea_Blue

Scott Fraser on 20:14 - Sep 20 by Yallop

There’s a very good argument that Fraser and Celina are our best combo on that side, albeit only based on one half. Edwards is a great talent though. A nice problem to have and I suppose it changes a bit according to conditioning, cards and the opposition.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Scott Fraser on 00:39 - Sep 21 with 2387 viewsBondiBlue

Two brilliant through balls at lincoln with very little thinking time. He's what we've been missing for years. Will get better and better as the season goes on.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Scott Fraser on 06:11 - Sep 21 with 2215 viewsHullblue

Agreed.

Edwards, Celina and Burns all instinctively hold onto the ball a bit longer and try to beat people - so I think two of them with a passer/schemer like Fraser is perfect. All three might make our attacks a bit one dimensional.

Fair play to Burns for making himself undroppable with all these outstanding players around, too. Pedigree-wise you’d expect him to drop out but he’s just been excellent hasn’t he.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Scott Fraser on 10:08 - Sep 21 with 1873 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Scott Fraser on 06:11 - Sep 21 by Hullblue

Agreed.

Edwards, Celina and Burns all instinctively hold onto the ball a bit longer and try to beat people - so I think two of them with a passer/schemer like Fraser is perfect. All three might make our attacks a bit one dimensional.

Fair play to Burns for making himself undroppable with all these outstanding players around, too. Pedigree-wise you’d expect him to drop out but he’s just been excellent hasn’t he.

He has been superb. Not just offensively, but the defensive work he does is so important. He and Donacien handled Scully perfectly on Saturday. He’s like Gwion Edwards but with a better first touch and final ball. Quickly becoming my favourite player in this team.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Scott Fraser on 10:11 - Sep 21 with 1856 viewsHerbivore

Scott Fraser on 06:11 - Sep 21 by Hullblue

Agreed.

He's the one who is most natural on the right as well. Celina prefers to be a 10 or play from the left. Edwards also prefers to play from the left as well. I think Aluko does too. We're pretty stacked that side.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Scott Fraser on 10:46 - Sep 21 with 1753 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. Three or four times every game he’ll play a ball in and around the box that’s as good as anything we saw throughout the whole of last season.

Could have set up 2 or 3 goals on Saturday but for slightly better anticipation and better ball control – Burns’s heavy touch right in front of goal even turned into a 1-2 for Fraser’s shot.

Probably on a par with Burns when he is running at and past defenders, he’s our other most dangerous player at the moment.

Pronouns: He/Him

Scott Fraser on 11:03 - Sep 21 with 1694 viewsOsborneOneNil

Scott Fraser on 10:08 - Sep 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

He has been superb. Not just offensively, but the defensive work he does is so important. He and Donacien handled Scully perfectly on Saturday. He’s like Gwion Edwards but with a better first touch and final ball. Quickly becoming my favourite player in this team.

Was about to say the same, Burns is a fave of mine too.
Scott Fraser on 11:48 - Sep 21 with 1613 viewschicoazul

Scott Fraser on 10:11 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

He's the one who is most natural on the right as well. Celina prefers to be a 10 or play from the left. Edwards also prefers to play from the left as well. I think Aluko does too. We're pretty stacked that side.

As mad as this sounds there is a good chance Edwards will struggle to get back in the team. Burns Fraser and Celina all seem undroppable now. And Cook loves Chaplin.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Scott Fraser on 11:56 - Sep 21 with 1577 viewsjayessess

There were 2 occasions on Saturday where Harper gave Fraser the ball on the left and continued his run. Fraser just held the ball, waited, cool as, until the precise moment Harper's pace took him level with the defender, then slid the ball, perfect direction, perfect weight, perfect pace, arriving exactly in the only spot Harper could collect it. Both times I watched the very obvious exchange of passes unfold without the slightest doubt that Fraser would execute it perfectly.

I struggle to remember the last player we had with that ability. Maybe you'd have to go all the way back to Magilton?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Scott Fraser on 12:00 - Sep 21 with 1558 viewschicoazul

Scott Fraser on 11:56 - Sep 21 by jayessess

There were 2 occasions on Saturday where Harper gave Fraser the ball on the left and continued his run. Fraser just held the ball, waited, cool as, until the precise moment Harper's pace took him level with the defender, then slid the ball, perfect direction, perfect weight, perfect pace, arriving exactly in the only spot Harper could collect it. Both times I watched the very obvious exchange of passes unfold without the slightest doubt that Fraser would execute it perfectly.

I struggle to remember the last player we had with that ability. Maybe you'd have to go all the way back to Magilton?

Legwinski Gio Bullard Garvan Gavin Williams
No late-era Banter players though

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Scott Fraser on 12:28 - Sep 21 with 1437 viewsLeoMuff

Scott Fraser on 11:56 - Sep 21 by jayessess

On form alone that front 4 should be Bonne, Edwards, Fraser, Burns and for me that has a nice balance to it.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Scott Fraser on 12:29 - Sep 21 with 1431 viewsHerbivore

Scott Fraser on 11:48 - Sep 21 by chicoazul

As mad as this sounds there is a good chance Edwards will struggle to get back in the team. Burns Fraser and Celina all seem undroppable now. And Cook loves Chaplin.

I think ultimately we'll see quite a bit of rotation in that three behind the striker and once the team generally is more settled and functioning better those are the positions where you can rotate without too much disruption. It's going to be hard to keep some of them happy. Edwards is too good for this level but it's hard to see how you accommodate him alongside Celina and Fraser, and those two haven't come here to warm the bench either. If they can all get 20-30 starts and another 15-20 appearances from the bench then that will hopefully keep them happy and fresh.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Scott Fraser on 12:36 - Sep 21 with 1393 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Scott Fraser on 12:29 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

I think ultimately we'll see quite a bit of rotation in that three behind the striker and once the team generally is more settled and functioning better those are the positions where you can rotate without too much disruption. It's going to be hard to keep some of them happy. Edwards is too good for this level but it's hard to see how you accommodate him alongside Celina and Fraser, and those two haven't come here to warm the bench either. If they can all get 20-30 starts and another 15-20 appearances from the bench then that will hopefully keep them happy and fresh.

Agree.

We will get to a point where that front 4 could be a few combinations and we will all be happy with it. Also Im sure there will be injuries. Hopefully not, but this is Ipswich so...

A wealth of attacking options as they say

Scott Fraser on 12:39 - Sep 21 with 1383 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I mean look at the pass at 20 seconds. Very similar to the assist he got against MK. Inches away. Ridiculous vision.

Scott Fraser on 12:54 - Sep 21 with 1311 viewstractorboy1978

Scott Fraser on 11:48 - Sep 21 by chicoazul

I think Edwards will end up being an explosive player that comes on in the last 25 minutes of games, either when chasing a win or someone that can relieve pressure when we are ahead by carrying the ball. Imagine him coming on against tired legs!
Scott Fraser on 12:56 - Sep 21 with 1298 viewsfranz_tyson

Don’t see how it will pan out, but I see Burns and Fraser being regular starters. Like Burns’ engine and Fraser has great vision and passing ability. Think those two are likely to be more consistent and be better team players than a Edwards or Celina. But if they fade, then it’s the next taxi off the rank.
Edwards and Celina to fight it out for LW/10 role. But Chaplin can play there. Barry, too. Pigott can play as a number 10 and so can Harper.

As long as we nail down the defence and the two holding midfielders it’s a case of the rest fighting it out for the front four positions. Bound to be discontented players, but surely it’s better to have too many than not enough talented players. It’ll work out over time with maybe some ‘marquee’ signings moving on earlier than expected.
Scott Fraser on 13:02 - Sep 21 with 1277 viewschicoazul

Scott Fraser on 12:56 - Sep 21 by franz_tyson

Don’t see how it will pan out, but I see Burns and Fraser being regular starters. Like Burns’ engine and Fraser has great vision and passing ability. Think those two are likely to be more consistent and be better team players than a Edwards or Celina. But if they fade, then it’s the next taxi off the rank.
Edwards and Celina to fight it out for LW/10 role. But Chaplin can play there. Barry, too. Pigott can play as a number 10 and so can Harper.

As long as we nail down the defence and the two holding midfielders it’s a case of the rest fighting it out for the front four positions. Bound to be discontented players, but surely it’s better to have too many than not enough talented players. It’ll work out over time with maybe some ‘marquee’ signings moving on earlier than expected.

Can’t see a way back for Pig or indeed Norwood for now unless Bonne goes massively off the boil or disappears to AFCON for some weeks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024