Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky coverage of the Norwich game 22:26 - Sep 21 with 4541 viewsHipsterectomy

there seems a definite shift in the attitude that they are a plucky little side doing their best in a league full of superstars, to just that they are going to be deservedly humiliated and eaten alive this season

The commentary and studio talk was all about how poor they are, how their fixtures are daunting, referring to how bad they have been in the league (which they don't usually do in cup games) and the presenter even suggesting a lack of discipline and respect for the Norwich manager lol

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 22:51 - Sep 21 with 4019 viewsPinewoodblue

Given a choice between Norwich being humiliated or Town being promoted I know which I would prefer.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 23:08 - Sep 21 with 3937 viewsIllinoisblue

You sense their fans are getting rather tired of the club’s sensible approach to life in the prem. What’s the point of winning the championship if you’re not going to give it a go when you do go up?

Oh for us to have such problems…

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 23:16 - Sep 21 with 3883 viewsDinnernotTea

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 23:08 - Sep 21 by Illinoisblue

You sense their fans are getting rather tired of the club’s sensible approach to life in the prem. What’s the point of winning the championship if you’re not going to give it a go when you do go up?

Haven't they spent £30m or something?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 23:55 - Sep 21 with 3751 viewsIllinoisblue

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 23:16 - Sep 21 by DinnernotTea

Sold Buendia for much more than that

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 00:01 - Sep 22 with 3745 viewsJ2BLUE

It will eventually pay off. Maybe not with Farke but every time they come down they look far too good for the Championship. Eventually they will stay up and build.

What we really need to hope for is some sort of change that sets them back a decade so we can take over them again. That clown Evans has so much to answer for.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 02:24 - Sep 22 with 3619 viewsbournemouthblue

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 00:01 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

It will eventually pay off. Maybe not with Farke but every time they come down they look far too good for the Championship. Eventually they will stay up and build.

What we really need to hope for is some sort of change that sets them back a decade so we can take over them again. That clown Evans has so much to answer for.

The reality is it's a risky strategy, it only takes a bad transfer window to lumber them with some deadwood and then they don't bounce back up

It's a long way back if you fail to get promoted back to the Premier League within three seasons, as we well know

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 06:48 - Sep 22 with 3411 viewsChrisd

Seems like they want promoted clubs to spend huge sums so they can financially ruin themselves, Is that showing lack of ambition or sensible management? If they want to do it this way, it’s their prerogative, not Sky Sports and their pundits. If we ever get back in that position, I’d rather us adopt this approach than pushing us to the limit financially and then having repercussions in the future. I’m no Canary lover, but they are 5 league games into the new season and they’ve played some of the bigger sides already, let’s see where they finish come May. If they end up 4th from bottom then I would argue they’ve got it right.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 07:02 - Sep 22 with 3347 viewschrismakin

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 23:55 - Sep 21 by Illinoisblue

Sold Buendia for much more than that

They did. However the 30 I belive is the net spend including fees in. They have gone for it this season.

Some talk of them as being financially prudent. However 1 relegation and 1 non promotion from the champ this time around and it may take them back to potential financial problems. They were indeed at one point close to bust when they sold ( who was that fella that went to leicester)

People compare the two clubs. It's obvious there's a gap but you can discuss nodge as a club without having to compare our situations. ( not saying you've said different, just the replies people get if they mention Norwich)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 07:23 - Sep 22 with 3252 viewsITFCBlues

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 02:24 - Sep 22 by bournemouthblue

The reality is it's a risky strategy, it only takes a bad transfer window to lumber them with some deadwood and then they don't bounce back up

It's a long way back if you fail to get promoted back to the Premier League within three seasons, as we well know

Exactly this.

The main reason they've bounced back last season was Buendia being too good and still having Pukki to score goals. Buendia obviously gone now and Pukki will be 32 next season.

The signings they've made don't look too good right now. Obviously time for that to change but there's always a risk attached with signing players outside of England. They've done a good job over the years but as was said, it only takes one bad transfer for it all to go wrong, hopefully this is the one!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 08:03 - Sep 22 with 3102 viewsgiant_stow

Boo to the little team that won't play the impossible Sky riches race. It's not us who's mad - it's everyone else. Honest!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 08:04 - Sep 22 with 3085 viewsBlueRaider

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 00:01 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

Buendia has been the key to them winning the championship both times, he has now gone. Most of their poor results last year were without him in the team. Hard to replace, especially after Brexit that you can't just go and pluck non-internationals from the EU which was their strategy

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 08:12 - Sep 22 with 3020 viewschicoazul

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 08:03 - Sep 22 by giant_stow

Boo to the little team that won't play the impossible Sky riches race. It's not us who's mad - it's everyone else. Honest!

We’re only jealous luv.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 08:23 - Sep 22 with 2941 viewstractorboy1978

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 02:24 - Sep 22 by bournemouthblue

Not sure it's anymore risky to spending beyond their means and still getting relegated - the reality is Norwich don't have the luxury of a wealthy backer behind them. They operate how most clubs operated 20 years ago.

They've signed some good players this summer and the fixture list up to Watford hasn't been kind - Liverpool, Man City, Leicester, Arsenal. All jokes aside about Arsenal, I'm not sure you'd expect much from those.
Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 08:38 - Sep 22 with 2875 viewsITFCBlues

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 08:23 - Sep 22 by tractorboy1978

Not sure it's anymore risky to spending beyond their means and still getting relegated - the reality is Norwich don't have the luxury of a wealthy backer behind them. They operate how most clubs operated 20 years ago.

They've signed some good players this summer and the fixture list up to Watford hasn't been kind - Liverpool, Man City, Leicester, Arsenal. All jokes aside about Arsenal, I'm not sure you'd expect much from those.

They don't spend anything though do they? They've effectively just reinvested the Buendia money this summer, where does the rest go? You can see why their fans get a little frustrated.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 08:47 - Sep 22 with 2814 viewstractorboy1978

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 08:38 - Sep 22 by ITFCBlues

They don't spend anything though do they? They've effectively just reinvested the Buendia money this summer, where does the rest go? You can see why their fans get a little frustrated.

They've spent a good £20m over and above the Buendia money. I get why fans might be frustrated but the 'they don't spend enough money' argument is pretty lazy. What have Brentford spent this summer? On the flip side, look at the sort of money the likes of Fulham/Bournemouth have spunked in recent years to end up coming down. It's not an exact science.
Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 09:37 - Sep 22 with 2552 viewsstrikalite

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 08:47 - Sep 22 by tractorboy1978

They've spent a good £20m over and above the Buendia money. I get why fans might be frustrated but the 'they don't spend enough money' argument is pretty lazy. What have Brentford spent this summer? On the flip side, look at the sort of money the likes of Fulham/Bournemouth have spunked in recent years to end up coming down. It's not an exact science.

It's certainly not an exact science, at any level(Derby!), Nodge have had their fingers burnt a few times over the years I think, what can you now buy for £20m? Any better than they have? Fulham are a big example here like you have highlighted....
Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 09:44 - Sep 22 with 2524 viewshype313

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 08:38 - Sep 22 by ITFCBlues

It's a fine line isn't it, one one hand, as a Norwich fan you have to be thankful that the owners are fiscally prudent and they don't want to put the club in a dreadful financial situation like others we have seen.

However, you do have to ask what's the point if you don't invest, £20m is peanuts given the money they make from being in the PL, just by staying up for one season they would be given vast sums.

FWIW I think they would love to take a gamble but they are still scarred from a few years ago when they were in a perilous financial situation.

I watched the game last night, and take my Blue tinted eyes away for a moment, they looked awful, against a team of youngsters, the best player they had was Gilmore who will be back at Chelsea in 7 months.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 9:46]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 09:45 - Sep 22 with 2516 viewsbournemouthblue

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 07:23 - Sep 22 by ITFCBlues

Exactly this.

The main reason they've bounced back last season was Buendia being too good and still having Pukki to score goals. Buendia obviously gone now and Pukki will be 32 next season.

The signings they've made don't look too good right now. Obviously time for that to change but there's always a risk attached with signing players outside of England. They've done a good job over the years but as was said, it only takes one bad transfer for it all to go wrong, hopefully this is the one!

As people say they have had a tough start and Everton away next game isn't getting any easier

I will reserve judgement on them for a little bit but it's still amusing currently

They've always been defensively suspect under Farke which is their main issue, regardless of personnel, I wonder how much longer the bubble lasts with him?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 11:01 - Sep 22 with 2298 viewstextbackup

Their fans over inflated opinion of themselves Vs how their board view their plan for the club is the only thing I can hang on to in terms of laughing at them.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 12:54 - Sep 22 with 2102 viewsBLUEBEAT

I thought this was going to be be their solidifying season?

Pretty sure they stated their last stint in the Prem was merely to prep them for the longterm return.

Shame that.

Poll: W or W

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 13:12 - Sep 22 with 2024 viewsjayessess

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 09:44 - Sep 22 by hype313

It's a fine line isn't it, one one hand, as a Norwich fan you have to be thankful that the owners are fiscally prudent and they don't want to put the club in a dreadful financial situation like others we have seen.

However, you do have to ask what's the point if you don't invest, £20m is peanuts given the money they make from being in the PL, just by staying up for one season they would be given vast sums.

FWIW I think they would love to take a gamble but they are still scarred from a few years ago when they were in a perilous financial situation.

I watched the game last night, and take my Blue tinted eyes away for a moment, they looked awful, against a team of youngsters, the best player they had was Gilmore who will be back at Chelsea in 7 months.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 9:46]

Not sure it's all about investment/resources. There are other, similar sized clubs that have sustained a presence in the PL. After 3 consecutive seasons of PL tv-money, Norwich should be pretty well-placed to at least make a fight of staying up at this point (I thought they probably would this season).

I wonder if they might start looking at the way Brighton have gradually mutated from a side that stayed up because they were tough to beat to a side who were mid-table on merit, then start to wonder if Farke is quite the right guy for them right now.

For all the talk of how they'll be content just yo-yoing and pocketing the money, they'll know that the EFL is full of Norwich-sized clubs who got relegated, got their parachute seasons wrong and now struggle to compete in the Championship. They've only got to mess it up once.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 14:02 - Sep 22 with 1873 viewshype313

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 13:12 - Sep 22 by jayessess

Not sure it's all about investment/resources. There are other, similar sized clubs that have sustained a presence in the PL. After 3 consecutive seasons of PL tv-money, Norwich should be pretty well-placed to at least make a fight of staying up at this point (I thought they probably would this season).

I wonder if they might start looking at the way Brighton have gradually mutated from a side that stayed up because they were tough to beat to a side who were mid-table on merit, then start to wonder if Farke is quite the right guy for them right now.

For all the talk of how they'll be content just yo-yoing and pocketing the money, they'll know that the EFL is full of Norwich-sized clubs who got relegated, got their parachute seasons wrong and now struggle to compete in the Championship. They've only got to mess it up once.

I think you hit the nail on the head regarding Farke, he's massively out of his depth in the PL.

Let's hope they stick with him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 14:12 - Sep 22 with 1849 viewsThatMuhrenCross

This is as bad a Norwich side as they've had in the last decade, so the decline might just be beginning to set in. They were fortunate last season to have Buendia in the Championship, who was far too good for that level, and Pukki was still getting goals. The trouble is, their key assets are either getting older now or moving onto bigger and better things. If they go down and don't get back up within two seasons, they will really begin to struggle.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 21:58 - Sep 22 with 1434 viewsArnieM

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 23:16 - Sep 21 by DinnernotTea

£30m?? What in total of just this season do you mean ? They’ve received over £500m from the Sky pot for their various promotions- and you have to ask “ what have they done ?” . Nice academy … one or two youngsters coming through … Delian bank balance positively bulging , but really , have they ever shown any ambition ? They rarely compete in the PL above the bottom 6 places . They are a “well run club”, that achieves nothing except the perpetual up and down promotion/ relegation in the false corridor of Sky funded “ success”. It’s false. They true lack ambition.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sky coverage of the Norwich game on 07:39 - Sep 23 with 1184 viewsWarkystache

There's a very wide gap between expectation and reality with the scum. They won the Championship at a canter, yet they're not good enough for the Prem. It's a warning to the likes of us for what's in store.

I still think if we can get promoted back to the Championship either this season or next, we'll need a much clearer strategy on how we upgrade the players we've got. A few of the current squad won't be good enough to improve us. I also think we might need a better management structure.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024