Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour 23:44 - Sep 21 with 6743 viewsDarth_Koont

Wow! What a sh1tshow. You have to go back to IDS to see as dysfunctional and lost an opposition as this.

The only winners are an independent Scotland. Possibly Wales and Northern Ireland too at this rate.

As bad as that sounds, not sure what else gives Westminster and our media the kick up the @rse it needs.

Pronouns: He/Him

Labour on 23:51 - Sep 21 with 2374 viewsZXBlue

Nothing like undermining the only real opposition to an awful government, because it is not absolutely to your ideological tastes.
Labour on 23:58 - Sep 21 with 2362 viewsJ2BLUE

Even after Brexit and with a Tory government led by a clown the polls aren't showing any real appetite for independence.

Maybe the independence movement is also a sh1tshow and lost?

I expect it will be different though because you support independence.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Labour on 00:08 - Sep 22 with 2328 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 23:51 - Sep 21 by ZXBlue

Nothing like undermining the only real opposition to an awful government, because it is not absolutely to your ideological tastes.

Apologies for being so picky.

I really should be putting my weight behind an ineffectual, undemocratic and self-interested “opposition” that even the general public don’t like or want.

And they’re undermining themselves. I don’t have to do anything.

Labour on 00:16 - Sep 22 with 2311 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 23:58 - Sep 21 by J2BLUE

Even after Brexit and with a Tory government led by a clown the polls aren't showing any real appetite for independence.

Maybe the independence movement is also a sh1tshow and lost?

I expect it will be different though because you support independence.

Not sure what polling you’re looking at but it’s on a knife-edge – even before campaigning where the Yes campaign came from a long, long way back last time.

And what’s going to be the Unionist campaign this time after the last one has been comprehensively dismantled by reality?

Stop ducking the underlying issues, get your house in order and you might have a chance.

Labour on 00:37 - Sep 22 with 2274 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour on 00:16 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

Not sure what polling you’re looking at but it’s on a knife-edge – even before campaigning where the Yes campaign came from a long, long way back last time.

And what’s going to be the Unionist campaign this time after the last one has been comprehensively dismantled by reality?

Stop ducking the underlying issues, get your house in order and you might have a chance.

The worst Westminster government in living memory and support for independence drops.

Arf!! What a sh1tshow the SNP are.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Labour on 00:48 - Sep 22 with 2251 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 00:37 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

The worst Westminster government in living memory and support for independence drops.

Arf!! What a sh1tshow the SNP are.

It’s always good to get the GB seal of approval.

Thus speaks the wrong side of history. 😀

Labour on 06:58 - Sep 22 with 2094 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour on 00:48 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

It’s always good to get the GB seal of approval.

Thus speaks the wrong side of history. 😀

On the right side of reality.

And it’s not my seal of approval koonters. I’m merely publishing the views of the majority of the Scottish voting population.

Maybe if St Nicola concentrated on running the services up here rather than obsessing over another “once in a generation” independence referendum, Scotland wouldn’t be the Covid capital of Europe, drugs death capital of the world, we wouldn’t be falling behind the rest of the UK in the three main education areas, we wouldn’t be calling in the British army in to help Scotland’s crisis hit NHS and people wouldn’t die in their homes whilst waiting two days for an ambulance to arrive.

But you keep your fingers in your ears, ignore the evidence and continue to drink the SNP Kool Aid. You're just a Brexiter in a kilt mate.

I suppose you’d call stuff like this “project McFear”

Getting back to Labour. Recent polling shows Starmer denying The Tories a majority.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 7:45]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Labour on 08:05 - Sep 22 with 1976 viewsjimmyvet

Labour on 06:58 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

And it’s not my seal of approval koonters. I’m merely publishing the views of the majority of the Scottish voting population.

Maybe if St Nicola concentrated on running the services up here rather than obsessing over another “once in a generation” independence referendum, Scotland wouldn’t be the Covid capital of Europe, drugs death capital of the world, we wouldn’t be falling behind the rest of the UK in the three main education areas, we wouldn’t be calling in the British army in to help Scotland’s crisis hit NHS and people wouldn’t die in their homes whilst waiting two days for an ambulance to arrive.

But you keep your fingers in your ears, ignore the evidence and continue to drink the SNP Kool Aid. You're just a Brexiter in a kilt mate.

Getting back to Labour. Recent polling shows Starmer denying The Tories a majority.

GB please stop posting the reality of an SNP govt it makes poor DK feel uncomfortable because in his world SN has built a utopia of happiness and prosperity for all never seen in the world before !
Login to get fewer ads

Labour on 08:05 - Sep 22 with 1976 viewsBlueRaider

It's really bad news to have such a poor opposition

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Labour on 08:09 - Sep 22 with 1957 viewschicoazul

Hopeless. They (and Sinn Fein) really need to pull their finger out so we can have an independent England.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Labour on 08:23 - Sep 22 with 1912 viewsDarth_Koont

Hmmm. If only there were real-life comparisons we could use rather than conjecture ...

Like Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, the Netherlands, the Republic of Ireland. Yes, in fact every single one of our neighbours in this corner of the world.

Why can’t any of these and their economy/trade be a model for an independent Scotland and its future? Give it your best shot.

Of course, you also know full well the reason why Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are the worst performing countries in Northwestern Europe but nobody seems able to mention that it’s because the UK is the most centralised and unbalanced country in the OECD. And based almost entirely on your brand of outdated, failed politics.

Labour on 08:45 - Sep 22 with 1839 viewschicoazul

Labour on 08:23 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

Hmmm. If only there were real-life comparisons we could use rather than conjecture ...

Like Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, the Netherlands, the Republic of Ireland. Yes, in fact every single one of our neighbours in this corner of the world.

Why can’t any of these and their economy/trade be a model for an independent Scotland and its future? Give it your best shot.

Of course, you also know full well the reason why Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are the worst performing countries in Northwestern Europe but nobody seems able to mention that it’s because the UK is the most centralised and unbalanced country in the OECD. And based almost entirely on your brand of outdated, failed politics.

Those are almost all wealthy sophisticated modern countries not cursed by drunkenness sectarianism and thuggery? Don’t tell us; that’s England’s fault too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Labour on 09:00 - Sep 22 with 1793 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 08:45 - Sep 22 by chicoazul

Those are almost all wealthy sophisticated modern countries not cursed by drunkenness sectarianism and thuggery? Don’t tell us; that’s England’s fault too.

Bless. 😀

I’d engage but your historic and political illiteracy needs remedial help.

Labour on 09:02 - Sep 22 with 1784 viewschicoazul

Labour on 09:00 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

Bless. 😀

I’d engage but your historic and political illiteracy needs remedial help.

Well you did ask.

Labour on 09:04 - Sep 22 with 1772 viewshype313

Labour on 08:23 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

The problem I see is that according to the Institute for Government, they have warned that an Independent Scotland faces a £8.5b black hole in the finances, they would be forced to find up to £8.5bn in swingeing spending cuts or tax rises, more than Scotland’s transport and education and skills budget combined this year.

The IFG said this would be “over and above the savings the SNP has already identified”.

Of course some might argue short term pain for long term gain, but in this current climate and the foreseeable that would be a huge gamble to take.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Labour on 09:04 - Sep 22 with 1771 viewschicoazul

Labour on 09:09 - Sep 22 with 1747 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 09:02 - Sep 22 by chicoazul

Well you did ask.

And you didn’t answer because you don’t know what you’re talking about.

I think the reason you troll yourself more than anyone else is the pride you take in your own intellect. Which is only impressive for its dullness.

Labour on 09:09 - Sep 22 with 1747 viewsLord_Lucan

Labour on 09:04 - Sep 22 by hype313

The problem I see is that according to the Institute for Government, they have warned that an Independent Scotland faces a £8.5b black hole in the finances, they would be forced to find up to £8.5bn in swingeing spending cuts or tax rises, more than Scotland’s transport and education and skills budget combined this year.

The IFG said this would be “over and above the savings the SNP has already identified”.

Of course some might argue short term pain for long term gain, but in this current climate and the foreseeable that would be a huge gamble to take.

It would mirror Brexit

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Labour on 09:15 - Sep 22 with 1710 viewschicoazul

Labour on 09:09 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

And you didn’t answer because you don’t know what you’re talking about.

I think the reason you troll yourself more than anyone else is the pride you take in your own intellect. Which is only impressive for its dullness.

In what way is my answer wrong? It’s a fact Scotland is cursed by drunkenness sectarianism and thuggery and so it’s reasonable to conclude those are part of the reason you couldn’t build that country into Norway along with financial reasons illustrated above and the SNP proving themselves useless in actually governing. But you carry on blaming everyone else because we love seeing you flail about.

Labour on 09:16 - Sep 22 with 1704 viewsBluefish

I would vote for them and I have never voted Labour in my life. Perhaps the issue is you? I used to he tory but they changed, instead of bleating about it I found a party that represented me better. You don't have to stick to the same ones if they change

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Labour on 09:17 - Sep 22 with 1698 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 09:09 - Sep 22 by Lord_Lucan

It would mirror Brexit

There would be short-term pain certainly.

The difference is there’s no long-term gain scenario for Brexit and no fact-based model that can be trusted for the more optimistic forecasts. Whereas Scotland can just point to any single one of its independent neighbours for its long-term and far greater gains.

Labour on 09:21 - Sep 22 with 1661 viewschicoazul

Labour on 09:16 - Sep 22 by Bluefish

I would vote for them and I have never voted Labour in my life. Perhaps the issue is you? I used to he tory but they changed, instead of bleating about it I found a party that represented me better. You don't have to stick to the same ones if they change

Keen to know more about what changed here for you Blubbers. Both parties are now the same on more or less every issue.

Labour on 09:22 - Sep 22 with 1658 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 09:16 - Sep 22 by Bluefish

As I never voted for Labour until 2017 that really won’t be a problem for me.

I’ll go back to voting Green.

Labour on 09:25 - Sep 22 with 1631 viewsLord_Lucan

Labour on 09:17 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

There would be short-term pain certainly.

The difference is there’s no long-term gain scenario for Brexit and no fact-based model that can be trusted for the more optimistic forecasts. Whereas Scotland can just point to any single one of its independent neighbours for its long-term and far greater gains.

I disagree

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Labour on 09:29 - Sep 22 with 1603 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 09:15 - Sep 22 by chicoazul

In what way is my answer wrong? It’s a fact Scotland is cursed by drunkenness sectarianism and thuggery and so it’s reasonable to conclude those are part of the reason you couldn’t build that country into Norway along with financial reasons illustrated above and the SNP proving themselves useless in actually governing. But you carry on blaming everyone else because we love seeing you flail about.

Unlike you I’m well aware of the history and social development of the Nordic countries. They went from some of the poorest, most backward countries in Europe to the richest, most modern because they stuck to social democracy.

And in doing so, they overtook the UK when we stopped that social and economic progress sometime around the 70s and 80s.

Try again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024