Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media 08:46 - Sep 22 with 4409 viewsunstableblue

I should caveat that I think the BBC is a force for good but has challenges in news, apart from R4, Newsnight and some news 24.

To the point the BBC, Mail, Express, Telegraph, Sun and Times are really problematic to me. They are blindly supportive of Boris, it’s becoming like Pravda.

Yesterday was a terrible day for Boris. He said on record that a US Trade Deal was simple, was in the “back pocket”, it now looks like it will 2024 or beyond. That’s just part of the massive Brexit lie he span.

This is very damaging, or it should be, to him, but also Britain.

And yet only Sky, Ch4 l, the I and the Guardian told it how it is. The Express was wildly off mark, lauding an ability to join an existing sub optimal pact with Mexico and Canada, not the major set back.

Mrs Unstable queufvfor hours to be seen at a drop in centre, what troublef her was the people in the queue blaming the doctors and NHS, and one saying ‘Boris has a plan to sort this out’ - WTF

But if you look at the front papers - you see why this lying, sleaze ridden buffoon, remains seemingly bullet proof, supported.

Boris is a laughing stock on Capitol Hill and in the White House, take a look. He’s our Trump. This is a factor, and critically the NI border!

What I’ve noted from Boris and Patel is that they smoke screen, they have these tiny things that are of little benefit to UK PLC, and they drip them out - oooooh Australia trade deal. There was a Brexit supporter on here yesterday who was actually quite balanced, but had clearly fallen for this approach.

Come on guys this PM is ridiculous and negative for us. The vaccines were not his frickin success, he indeed his own mad ramblings on them (see below) and indeed 6 EU countries have overtaken and counting. And only Italy and Belgium come close to our deaths per million from Covid; this government bungled the care homes.

Why does he remain above real discontent, why is he in power?!

––/ “Boris Johnson has been criticised after telling a private meeting of Conservative MPs that the UK’s successful Covid-19 vaccination programme was the result of “greed” and “capitalism”.

“The reason we have the vaccine success is because of capitalism, because of greed, my friends,” the UK prime minister said during a Zoom chat with backbenchers from the 1922 Committee.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:53 - Sep 22 with 1324 viewsMattinLondon

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:38 - Sep 22 by Digger77

Nobody was punished. Some still work there.

And it wasn't just Saville.

If that’s true, then they should be held to account and it’s disgusting that they haven’t.
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:58 - Sep 22 with 1306 viewsGlasgowBlue

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:34 - Sep 22 by MattinLondon

The BBC were at fault and it should be accountable for covering up his behaviour. If someone knowingly put young children and women in danger then they were complicit and should be punished.

But, no matter how vile he was I do think it’s unfair to use that man as a stick to continuously beat the organisation with. I’m sure all large organisations and media outlets have history which they are not proud about.

I wasn't commenting on the rights and wrongs of using Savile as a stick to beat the beeb. I was limiting my comment solely to the naivety of zombies post defending the beeb as being an innocent victim of Savile's.

FWIW I think the beeb is a fantastic institution that should be cherished by all in this country. That doesn't excuse their behaviour in the Savile affair.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 12:03]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:07 - Sep 22 with 1281 viewsHARRY10

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:58 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

I wasn't commenting on the rights and wrongs of using Savile as a stick to beat the beeb. I was limiting my comment solely to the naivety of zombies post defending the beeb as being an innocent victim of Savile's.

FWIW I think the beeb is a fantastic institution that should be cherished by all in this country. That doesn't excuse their behaviour in the Savile affair.

That's because you are deliberately positioning the BBC as one amorphous concern. Whereby the board of directors/director general are of the same mindset as commissioning editors/producers, they are not.

The former have always been Tory minded types, and it is those who decide on such matters.

Much as with the difference between a football clubs board of directors and it's managers and coaches.

I don't doubt the misrepresentation is intentional.
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:14 - Sep 22 with 1269 viewsGlasgowBlue

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:07 - Sep 22 by HARRY10

That's because you are deliberately positioning the BBC as one amorphous concern. Whereby the board of directors/director general are of the same mindset as commissioning editors/producers, they are not.

The former have always been Tory minded types, and it is those who decide on such matters.

Much as with the difference between a football clubs board of directors and it's managers and coaches.

I don't doubt the misrepresentation is intentional.

I'm not deliberately doing anything you daft old rightie.

Iron Lion Zion

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:20 - Sep 22 with 1264 viewsHARRY10

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:14 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not deliberately doing anything you daft old rightie.

so we are to believe your representation of the executive and producing sides of the BBC as one is some oversight

that your constant whining about the BBC, that is straight out of the rightie handbook, is also similarly of the same vein

if if looks like a duck etc
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:23 - Sep 22 with 1262 viewsWeWereZombies

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:58 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

Did I say I thought they were an innocent victim of Jimmy Saville? Whilst it is true that babies are seen as innocent I don't think that extends to a colloquial phrase like throwing out the baby with the bathwater - unless you set out to deliberately misunderstand it...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:25 - Sep 22 with 1258 viewsGlasgowBlue

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:23 - Sep 22 by WeWereZombies

Did I say I thought they were an innocent victim of Jimmy Saville? Whilst it is true that babies are seen as innocent I don't think that extends to a colloquial phrase like throwing out the baby with the bathwater - unless you set out to deliberately misunderstand it...

You portrayed the BBC as being "fooled" by Savile.

Iron Lion Zion

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:27 - Sep 22 with 1255 viewsWeWereZombies

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:25 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

You can be far from innocent and still get fooled by someone who is adept at trickery...

Login to get fewer ads

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:37 - Sep 22 with 1243 viewsGlasgowBlue

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:27 - Sep 22 by WeWereZombies

You can be far from innocent and still get fooled by someone who is adept at trickery...

The BBC as an organisation, from top to bottom, was not fooled by Savile. They were thoroughly complicit.

His activities were known about for decades by fellow presenters, producers and executives. The role of the Beeb was part of a multi institutional cover up that involved the police, local and national government and the health service.

No one should be defending any of these organisational as being a victim that was “fooled” by Savile. The victims are those he abused.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 12:38]

Iron Lion Zion

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:41 - Sep 22 with 1239 viewsWeWereZombies

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:37 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

The BBC as an organisation, from top to bottom, was not fooled by Savile. They were thoroughly complicit.

His activities were known about for decades by fellow presenters, producers and executives. The role of the Beeb was part of a multi institutional cover up that involved the police, local and national government and the health service.

No one should be defending any of these organisational as being a victim that was “fooled” by Savile. The victims are those he abused.

And you call me naive...everyone was fooled by Saville - even Gary Glitter has been shown as looking uncomfortable in his presence. But Saville was highly manipulative, if you cannot see that then maybe you need to watch out.

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:41 - Sep 22 with 1234 viewsleitrimblue

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:37 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

Do we think Thatcher was fooled by Savile or part of the cover up?
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:45 - Sep 22 with 1230 viewsWeWereZombies

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:41 - Sep 22 by leitrimblue

I think she could be incredibly pigheaded and was not only fooled by Saville but by Milton Friedman, Pinochet, Reagan, the 1922 Committee...but, then again, I am incredibly naive...

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:47 - Sep 22 with 1220 viewsGlasgowBlue

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:41 - Sep 22 by leitrimblue

I would find it very hard to imagine that she hadn’t been informed by those in the know about his activities.

Iron Lion Zion

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:50 - Sep 22 with 1219 viewsHARRY10

Utter nonsense, as usual

'top to bottom ?

a lowly asst. producer working on a programme with no connection to Savile knew all of what Savile was up to ?

You clearly have absolutely NO idea how the BBC works, nor the role of those working there, nor the slightest idea of libel laws - just an irrational (rightie) hatred of the BBC

if the friggin head of the country was not aware then how the hell was an organisation like the BBC collectively 'complicit ?
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 13:02 - Sep 22 with 1188 viewsGlasgowBlue

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:50 - Sep 22 by HARRY10

Utter nonsense, as usual

'top to bottom ?

a lowly asst. producer working on a programme with no connection to Savile knew all of what Savile was up to ?

You clearly have absolutely NO idea how the BBC works, nor the role of those working there, nor the slightest idea of libel laws - just an irrational (rightie) hatred of the BBC

if the friggin head of the country was not aware then how the hell was an organisation like the BBC collectively 'complicit ?

I hate the BBC so much that earlier in this thread I said " I think the beeb is a fantastic institution that should be cherished by all in this country."

You daft old rightie!

Iron Lion Zion

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 13:07 - Sep 22 with 1184 viewsHARRY10

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 13:02 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

I hate the BBC so much that earlier in this thread I said " I think the beeb is a fantastic institution that should be cherished by all in this country."

You daft old rightie!

methinks the laddie doth protest too loudly
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 13:11 - Sep 22 with 1181 viewsWeWereZombies

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:47 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

I would find it very hard to imagine that she hadn’t been informed by those in the know about his activities.

The activities that were known about at the time, or the activities that came to light after Saville died? I should remind you that although Saville did predecease Thatcher by a couple of years it only started to fully unravel more than twenty years after Thatcher had left Downing Street.

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 13:23 - Sep 22 with 1147 viewsWeWereZombies

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 12:25 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

Here is some background viewing, if you have not already watched it, that I think you need to digest to understand the position I am taking:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07yc9zh/louis-theroux-savile

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 13:43 - Sep 22 with 1124 viewshadleighboyblue

what has this got to do with football ?
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 15:57 - Sep 22 with 1071 viewsThe_Last_Baron

The BBC should have been closed down a long time ago. It would be a very popular decision but will never happen under the present political system. If more people refused to pay the BBC license they would just tax people more using an alternative avenue. The political power the BBC has is immense and completely underestimated by the general public.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 16:04 - Sep 22 with 1066 viewsHARRY10

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 15:57 - Sep 22 by The_Last_Baron

The BBC should have been closed down a long time ago. It would be a very popular decision but will never happen under the present political system. If more people refused to pay the BBC license they would just tax people more using an alternative avenue. The political power the BBC has is immense and completely underestimated by the general public.

a sort of 'cancel culture' on behalf of the righties
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 16:33 - Sep 22 with 1056 viewsMattinLondon

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 15:57 - Sep 22 by The_Last_Baron

If the BBC were to be disbanded what will those right-wing snowflakes have to complain about?
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 16:44 - Sep 22 with 1048 viewskeighleyblue

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 09:38 - Sep 22 by unstableblue

The Tories and the likes of Murdoch have been seriously gunning for the BBC for a while... constant threats

And as you say the Beeb have responded by going into their shell

The reporting on R4 and other BBC outputs does continue to challenge this overly right wing agenda

the Beeb is run by a Boris appointee.
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 16:55 - Sep 22 with 1039 viewsClapham_Junction

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 09:05 - Sep 22 by Lord_Lucan

I tend to try and have a brief online flick through all the national newspapers and it is sometimes laughable at the slant various papers put on certain events with The Express and Guardian being the bookends of biased reporting.

In fact you have just done the same as the greed and capitalism remark was a joke at the expense of Mark Spencer who was sitting next to Boris at the time demolishing a cheese sandwich - but I suppose that doesn't sound so good.

People making out that the Express and the Guardian are somehow equivalents is a great example of how broken politics and the media landscape in the UK are.
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 17:03 - Sep 22 with 1028 viewsHARRY10

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 16:55 - Sep 22 by Clapham_Junction

People making out that the Express and the Guardian are somehow equivalents is a great example of how broken politics and the media landscape in the UK are.

I think he means in the same way an alcoholic and a teetotaller are both ends
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024