Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media 08:46 - Sep 22 with 4488 viewsunstableblue

I should caveat that I think the BBC is a force for good but has challenges in news, apart from R4, Newsnight and some news 24.

To the point the BBC, Mail, Express, Telegraph, Sun and Times are really problematic to me. They are blindly supportive of Boris, it’s becoming like Pravda.

Yesterday was a terrible day for Boris. He said on record that a US Trade Deal was simple, was in the “back pocket”, it now looks like it will 2024 or beyond. That’s just part of the massive Brexit lie he span.

This is very damaging, or it should be, to him, but also Britain.

And yet only Sky, Ch4 l, the I and the Guardian told it how it is. The Express was wildly off mark, lauding an ability to join an existing sub optimal pact with Mexico and Canada, not the major set back.

Mrs Unstable queufvfor hours to be seen at a drop in centre, what troublef her was the people in the queue blaming the doctors and NHS, and one saying ‘Boris has a plan to sort this out’ - WTF

But if you look at the front papers - you see why this lying, sleaze ridden buffoon, remains seemingly bullet proof, supported.

Boris is a laughing stock on Capitol Hill and in the White House, take a look. He’s our Trump. This is a factor, and critically the NI border!

What I’ve noted from Boris and Patel is that they smoke screen, they have these tiny things that are of little benefit to UK PLC, and they drip them out - oooooh Australia trade deal. There was a Brexit supporter on here yesterday who was actually quite balanced, but had clearly fallen for this approach.

Come on guys this PM is ridiculous and negative for us. The vaccines were not his frickin success, he indeed his own mad ramblings on them (see below) and indeed 6 EU countries have overtaken and counting. And only Italy and Belgium come close to our deaths per million from Covid; this government bungled the care homes.

Why does he remain above real discontent, why is he in power?!

––/ “Boris Johnson has been criticised after telling a private meeting of Conservative MPs that the UK’s successful Covid-19 vaccination programme was the result of “greed” and “capitalism”.

“The reason we have the vaccine success is because of capitalism, because of greed, my friends,” the UK prime minister said during a Zoom chat with backbenchers from the 1922 Committee.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 08:53 - Sep 22 with 2510 viewshomer_123

Brexit clusterf@ck.. you really can't go and live or work in Europe.. by homer_123 20 Sep 2021 20:32
'Yet nobody’s being held accountable.'

The party in power that presided over Brexit certainly wasn't and isn't being held to account. I would say the current incumbents and the single most self-serving, collective and individual party I've ever had the misfortune of seeing.

They have no self-worth, no accountability or even a modicum of respect and we, the public, let them get away with it time and time and time again.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 09:00 - Sep 22 with 2488 viewschicoazul

So many people like you just don’t understand. Boris has delivered the one thing the majority of people who voted Tory wanted. Everything else is noise for at least a few years until/unless we see real bites taken out of people’s lives and by the time that comes around he’ll be long gone anyway. Real bites not brief panic about co2 or lorry drivers or little Hugo can’t do Erasmus.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 09:02 - Sep 22 with 2462 viewsMattinLondon

I may well be missing the point but it seems to me that the BBC, on the whole, are terrified of being viewed as an overly liberal liberal organisation by those who use ‘woke’ as an insult without actually knowing what it means. Unfortunately, at the moment, that’s most of the government. Also, the BBC are paranoid about losing their license fee and so seem to give the Tories an easier ride.

Never thought that this would actually happen (or even possible) but I think the BBC may well become a subscription based service with adverts. If you don’t like it the BBC then don’t subscribe to it.
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 09:05 - Sep 22 with 2445 viewsLord_Lucan

I tend to try and have a brief online flick through all the national newspapers and it is sometimes laughable at the slant various papers put on certain events with The Express and Guardian being the bookends of biased reporting.

In fact you have just done the same as the greed and capitalism remark was a joke at the expense of Mark Spencer who was sitting next to Boris at the time demolishing a cheese sandwich - but I suppose that doesn't sound so good.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 09:11 - Sep 22 with 2414 viewsFixed_It

I have a 'mate' who is a hardline Tory. There is no arguing with him. Whenever the clusterf**k is pointed out to him, his stock answer is 'Trust in Boris!'. And he actually believes that Boris is the answer to all our problems - rather than the cause of many of them!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 09:16 - Sep 22 with 2381 viewsTooManyCooks

This made me chuckle last night

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-gas-prices-rise-b1924238.html

hedgehog flavoured cucumbers

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 09:38 - Sep 22 with 2290 viewsunstableblue

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 09:02 - Sep 22 by MattinLondon

I may well be missing the point but it seems to me that the BBC, on the whole, are terrified of being viewed as an overly liberal liberal organisation by those who use ‘woke’ as an insult without actually knowing what it means. Unfortunately, at the moment, that’s most of the government. Also, the BBC are paranoid about losing their license fee and so seem to give the Tories an easier ride.

Never thought that this would actually happen (or even possible) but I think the BBC may well become a subscription based service with adverts. If you don’t like it the BBC then don’t subscribe to it.

The Tories and the likes of Murdoch have been seriously gunning for the BBC for a while... constant threats

And as you say the Beeb have responded by going into their shell

The reporting on R4 and other BBC outputs does continue to challenge this overly right wing agenda

Post of the day already... on 09:44 - Sep 22 with 2262 viewsunstableblue

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 09:16 - Sep 22 by TooManyCooks

This made me chuckle last night

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-gas-prices-rise-b1924238.html

.... just because you have gifted us this line:

"It’s possible that the entire National Grid could be powered by Boris Johnson’s bulls***, which is not merely abundant but arguably infinite, and certainly more radioactive than the eight new planned nuclear power plants that nobody could quite be arsed to build"

People on this thread continue to drink in the bullsh!t, the bullsh!t that exuded from the press for 20 years about the EU, the bullsh!t that drove the leave vote.... NONE OF IT WAS TRUE! we've got nothing bar a few tit bits... and now the bullsh!t that Boris, Patel, Gove, Rabb et al exude every day....

HE PROMISED US A US TRADE DEAL WAS EASY, IT WOULD BE IMMINENT... 2024?! 9 years?!

Boris and Brexit are like the big LIE about Trump, and the big lie about vaccines and covid being trivial...

Login to get fewer ads

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 10:13 - Sep 22 with 2194 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I stopped reading after you said the BBC is a force for good.

Really?

Jimmy Savile

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 10:25 - Sep 22 with 2147 viewsWeWereZombies

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 10:13 - Sep 22 by The_Last_Baron

Really?

Jimmy Savile

He fooled a lot of people, including Thatcher. I suggest that you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 10:26 - Sep 22 with 2141 viewsSwansea_Blue

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 09:00 - Sep 22 by chicoazul

So many people like you just don’t understand. Boris has delivered the one thing the majority of people who voted Tory wanted. Everything else is noise for at least a few years until/unless we see real bites taken out of people’s lives and by the time that comes around he’ll be long gone anyway. Real bites not brief panic about co2 or lorry drivers or little Hugo can’t do Erasmus.

But many only wanted it because they were told it needed to happen through a concerted campaign against the EU. The papers have been full of lies about the EU Johnson for decades and Johnson was a big part of that in his Telegraph days. That's at the core of the concern about media impartiality (or lack of).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 10:58 - Sep 22 with 2070 viewsbournemouthblue

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 09:00 - Sep 22 by chicoazul

The current gas crisis is linked to exit from the EU also

Our prices are substantially higher than the rest of Europe, we are off the EU market scheme for gas?

Hadn't the government closed a major gas storage plant as well so our storage capacity is way below other EU countries?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:01 - Sep 22 with 2064 viewsHARRY10

Take a look at the Speaker of the lower house.

Here is a man who perfectly reflects the obsequious mindset of many of the UK populace.

I half expect the toadying creep to leave the chamber backwards, bowing towards the Tory benchers.

Johnson lies as a matter of course when stood at the dispatch box. Whether through nerves or an inability to 'tough it out' is not exact, but the need to win the moment leads him to spout all manner of shyyte. Stuff that is easily checked, and routinely is shown to be a lie. Yet we never see this latter day Uriah Heep, ever reprimand him.

Much as with the twaddle that is PR, whose adherents have an almost quasi religious belief in its powers. Though as with religion it does not stand up to the most cursory of testing.

The fault lies in there being no accountability. The pile of festering dogshiite that is Farage is/was allowed on Question Time to churn out lie after lie - never once being challenged. The thought, I have been told, is that the odious scumbag would not appear again, leaving the BBC struggling to offer 'balance' given the very shallow pool that is coherent righties.

Starmer should accuse Johnson of lying. If it means he is thrown out of the house for a day, so be it. If he has the evidence then use it. Much as he should encourage his fellow MPs to do likewise, rather than rely on of a supine media to do it.

You can form whatever coalitions you want, but without any backbone, and having a fear of opinion polls, nothing will be achieved

the clips below show how it should be done, and why.

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:18 - Sep 22 with 2010 viewsGlasgowBlue

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 10:25 - Sep 22 by WeWereZombies

He fooled a lot of people, including Thatcher. I suggest that you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

That's very naïve Zombies. It's since been revealed that a lot of people in power at the BBC during Savile's time were well aware of what he was up to.

Even as recently as 2011 the then DG of the beeb buried a Newsnight expose about Savile's activities in order to broadcast two tributes to the evil old c**t.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:22 - Sep 22 with 1992 viewsunstableblue

'Hugo can't do erasmus' what about Dave who wants to go and work in a bar in magaluf, or Pete who wants to do some technical training at a start up apprentice in Germany...

... what about Henry the farmer who's just let £350,000 of fresh fruit rot on the tree?

... or Sebastien the banker whose job got moved to Frankfurt?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:26 - Sep 22 with 1959 viewsWeWereZombies

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:18 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

That's very naïve Zombies. It's since been revealed that a lot of people in power at the BBC during Savile's time were well aware of what he was up to.

Even as recently as 2011 the then DG of the beeb buried a Newsnight expose about Savile's activities in order to broadcast two tributes to the evil old c**t.

And the BBC have broadcast Louis Theroux's original programme on Saville which was, perhaps, the first to publicly question what the reprobate was up to. And then Theroux's revisiting of that documentary which was much more hard hitting. Also, isn't Newnight produced by the BBC too?

Some people in power, and quite high up, were aware of some of what Jimmy Saville was doing and it took far too long for the full picture to emerge but to write off BBC output into its entirety because of the issue is a disproportionate response.

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:26 - Sep 22 with 1960 viewsLord_Lucan

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:01 - Sep 22 by HARRY10

Take a look at the Speaker of the lower house.

Here is a man who perfectly reflects the obsequious mindset of many of the UK populace.

I half expect the toadying creep to leave the chamber backwards, bowing towards the Tory benchers.

Johnson lies as a matter of course when stood at the dispatch box. Whether through nerves or an inability to 'tough it out' is not exact, but the need to win the moment leads him to spout all manner of shyyte. Stuff that is easily checked, and routinely is shown to be a lie. Yet we never see this latter day Uriah Heep, ever reprimand him.

Much as with the twaddle that is PR, whose adherents have an almost quasi religious belief in its powers. Though as with religion it does not stand up to the most cursory of testing.

The fault lies in there being no accountability. The pile of festering dogshiite that is Farage is/was allowed on Question Time to churn out lie after lie - never once being challenged. The thought, I have been told, is that the odious scumbag would not appear again, leaving the BBC struggling to offer 'balance' given the very shallow pool that is coherent righties.

Starmer should accuse Johnson of lying. If it means he is thrown out of the house for a day, so be it. If he has the evidence then use it. Much as he should encourage his fellow MPs to do likewise, rather than rely on of a supine media to do it.

You can form whatever coalitions you want, but without any backbone, and having a fear of opinion polls, nothing will be achieved

the clips below show how it should be done, and why.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:28 - Sep 22 with 1941 viewsDigger77

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 10:13 - Sep 22 by The_Last_Baron

Really?

Jimmy Savile

Martin Bashir. Force for good?

Have not paid my licence fee since the Saville scandal.
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:32 - Sep 22 with 1910 viewsBent_double

The BBC have completely lost the plot. With all the cr4p that's going on in this country and around the world, it seems that the kind of 'news' item we needed on the 6 o'clock bulletin yesterday was how Prince Phillip liked to play practical jokes on people at family gatherings.

I mean, wow, I feel so much better knowing that, rather than how this sh1t-show of a government is dealing with the latest major national disaster, partly caused by its own incompetence.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:34 - Sep 22 with 1902 viewsHARRY10

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:18 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

"Correspondence showing the depth of the friendship between Sir Jimmy Savile and former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher is unveiled today in a secret Downing Street file that has been heavily redacted by civil servants f+ollowing revelations about sexual abuse by the late entertainer.

The 21-page dossier released under the 30-year rule by the National Archives shows Savile's extraordinary access to the highest echelons of British society, chronicling lunches and personal letters between Mrs Thatcher and the DJ in the 1980s."

"Senior civil servants repeatedly warned Margaret Thatcher about the risks of giving Jimmy Savile a knighthood in the 1980s, one describing the broadcaster as a "strange and complex man".

Newly released documents show the ex-prime minister lobbied officials for recognition of Savile's charity work.

But mandarins rebuffed her requests, citing Savile's "manner of life" and fears he might exploit the honour.

Savile, a friend of the former PM, was ultimately knighted in 1990."
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:34 - Sep 22 with 1898 viewsMattinLondon

The BBC were at fault and it should be accountable for covering up his behaviour. If someone knowingly put young children and women in danger then they were complicit and should be punished.

But, no matter how vile he was I do think it’s unfair to use that man as a stick to continuously beat the organisation with. I’m sure all large organisations and media outlets have history which they are not proud about.
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:38 - Sep 22 with 1847 viewsDigger77

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:34 - Sep 22 by MattinLondon

The BBC were at fault and it should be accountable for covering up his behaviour. If someone knowingly put young children and women in danger then they were complicit and should be punished.

But, no matter how vile he was I do think it’s unfair to use that man as a stick to continuously beat the organisation with. I’m sure all large organisations and media outlets have history which they are not proud about.

Nobody was punished. Some still work there.

And it wasn't just Saville.
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:47 - Sep 22 with 1813 viewsHARRY10

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:38 - Sep 22 by Digger77

Nobody was punished. Some still work there.

And it wasn't just Saville.

Savile was never convicted, nor was former Tory MP Leon Brittan, hence the limitations on what could be said

However both were close friends of Thatcher.....maybe we could have some explanation as to why she took no action against either.
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:48 - Sep 22 with 1812 viewsWeWereZombies

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:34 - Sep 22 by MattinLondon

<<cough>> Barclays <<cough>> apartheid

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:49 - Sep 22 with 1807 viewslongtimefan

If you’re going to put forward an argument (one I don’t disagree with), especially if it’s about the presentation of information, it’s always good to use facts, not misrepresent them yourself. Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia and Croatia are all EU countries whose COVID death per million rates that exceed the UKs, in addition to the two you mentioned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024