Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood at it again on twitter. 09:06 - Sep 22 with 8699 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Taking the mick out of someone's dead nan. No I'm not joking.
Norwood at it again on twitter. on 10:30 - Sep 22 with 1995 viewsTooManyCooks

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 09:36 - Sep 22 by jayessess

Baffles me that anyone in his line of work would have their DMs open to any old rando. There's all sorts of restrictions you can put on, especially with a blue tick, that stop you having to see this stuff.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 10:16]

Yep, this is something that shouldn't have happened and none of us should be talking about this morning. It isn't the first time we've been speaking about Nors Twitter activity either.

Nors would argue that he is entitled to allow ppl to DM him etc and he wouldn't necessarily be wrong if he was a bank clerk, or a carpenter, but the reality is that he is meant to be a "professional" footballer and managing social media ( that is full of weird feckers like the chap who sent him the message) as a representative of ITFC, is in the job description.

If he had retorted with something witty and fun and made the bloke look silly, we could laugh about it, but the truth is that the initial response was very immature and then despite knowing she was dead, he continued with his crass, immature and ill advised line of attack. When viewed alongside his recent drink driving woes, all this starts to build an extremely undesirable image of the man and makes you wonder if he is a bad influence at the club.

hedgehog flavoured cucumbers

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 10:30 - Sep 22 with 1995 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I’m sort of past the whole James Norwood being dumb on twitter. I just can’t see the club with the new emphasis it has on doing things the right way, would be taking to kindly to stuff like this, but there you go.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 10:41 - Sep 22 with 1953 viewsitfcjoe

He should rise above it, but ultimately it's not a big deal in this case- goes in the category of 'just banter'

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 10:44 - Sep 22 with 1932 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 10:30 - Sep 22 by TooManyCooks

Yep, this is something that shouldn't have happened and none of us should be talking about this morning. It isn't the first time we've been speaking about Nors Twitter activity either.

Nors would argue that he is entitled to allow ppl to DM him etc and he wouldn't necessarily be wrong if he was a bank clerk, or a carpenter, but the reality is that he is meant to be a "professional" footballer and managing social media ( that is full of weird feckers like the chap who sent him the message) as a representative of ITFC, is in the job description.

If he had retorted with something witty and fun and made the bloke look silly, we could laugh about it, but the truth is that the initial response was very immature and then despite knowing she was dead, he continued with his crass, immature and ill advised line of attack. When viewed alongside his recent drink driving woes, all this starts to build an extremely undesirable image of the man and makes you wonder if he is a bad influence at the club.

3rd choice League One striker in "not a trained diplomat" shocker.

If the bloke is massively cut up about his Nan being dead then he doesn't say "...but life goes on."

Down the pub with mates, the response "Hers doesn't" to one of them saying: "My Nan's dead but life goes on" would probably get a muffled laugh and a "Mate?!?" and an "Ouch!" face from those around.

If it was said to a bloke who randomly opened the conversation with "You're a f***ing useless c***." then most people would see it as being very restrained.

This is very low down Norwood's list of misdemeanours or questionable behaviours, and many of us have made equally snippy comments on here, but hidden behind user names.
Norwood at it again on twitter. on 11:03 - Sep 22 with 1829 viewsHerbivore

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 10:44 - Sep 22 by ArnoldMoorhen

If the bloke is massively cut up about his Nan being dead then he doesn't say "...but life goes on."

Down the pub with mates, the response "Hers doesn't" to one of them saying: "My Nan's dead but life goes on" would probably get a muffled laugh and a "Mate?!?" and an "Ouch!" face from those around.

If it was said to a bloke who randomly opened the conversation with "You're a f***ing useless c***." then most people would see it as being very restrained.

This is very low down Norwood's list of misdemeanours or questionable behaviours, and many of us have made equally snippy comments on here, but hidden behind user names.

Not sure anyone on here has knowingly mocked a dead relative of another poster. I imagine Phil might have something to say if they did. You don't need to be a trained diplomat to not act like a prick.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 11:08 - Sep 22 with 1821 viewsTooManyCooks

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 10:44 - Sep 22 by ArnoldMoorhen

As we've already seen in previous posts, this can be viewed from the imaginary "down the pub" perspective, or the version I've gone for, the "this is his real life job" perspective.

The truth is that the players are advised, or "trained" if you like, about social media and how that pertains to the conduct requirements in their contract with the club. We have high profile new owners, a high profile new sponsor and the club is trying to reinvent itself and generate an image of ITFC to get ££££'s through the door. Also, from a playing perspective, the manager has made it clear that he has recruited players that buy-in to his hard work philosophy and are determined to knuckle down and get us out of the league. Nors conduct at he club to date, fits neither of those plans and threatens the image of both the club and the rest of the squad, neither of which will be welcomed by his CEO, Manager, owners, or indeed teammates.

The very fact that you allude to this particular example of his behaviour being "low down Norwood's list of misdemeanours or questionable behaviours" really says it all.

Like I said before, we shouldn't even be having this conversation, Nors needs to just filter out these twonks by not allowing DM's etc from people he doesn't know and he also needs to grow up a bit and think about his responses should somebody get through the filters.

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 11:20 - Sep 22 with 1769 viewsMeadowlark

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 09:38 - Sep 22 by hype313

That involves someone having the intelligence to do so, poor old Norwood isn't the sharpest tool in the box.

You think not? I tend to disagree.
Norwood at it again on twitter. on 11:25 - Sep 22 with 1757 viewshype313

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 11:20 - Sep 22 by Meadowlark

You think not? I tend to disagree.

You don't have to be Steven Hawking to realise that drinking whilst driving is one of the most stupidest things you can do, so yeah, I don't think he is an intellectual genius.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 11:35 - Sep 22 with 1729 viewsTooManyCooks

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 11:08 - Sep 22 by TooManyCooks

As we've already seen in previous posts, this can be viewed from the imaginary "down the pub" perspective, or the version I've gone for, the "this is his real life job" perspective.

The truth is that the players are advised, or "trained" if you like, about social media and how that pertains to the conduct requirements in their contract with the club. We have high profile new owners, a high profile new sponsor and the club is trying to reinvent itself and generate an image of ITFC to get ££££'s through the door. Also, from a playing perspective, the manager has made it clear that he has recruited players that buy-in to his hard work philosophy and are determined to knuckle down and get us out of the league. Nors conduct at he club to date, fits neither of those plans and threatens the image of both the club and the rest of the squad, neither of which will be welcomed by his CEO, Manager, owners, or indeed teammates.

The very fact that you allude to this particular example of his behaviour being "low down Norwood's list of misdemeanours or questionable behaviours" really says it all.

Like I said before, we shouldn't even be having this conversation, Nors needs to just filter out these twonks by not allowing DM's etc from people he doesn't know and he also needs to grow up a bit and think about his responses should somebody get through the filters.

For clarity, I don't disagree with you and if I was viewing this from the "down the pub" example and someone I didn't know called me a c**t, there's only one outcome, but of course that involves a night in the cells and the associated aggravation that brings.

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 12:44 - Sep 22 with 1625 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 10:24 - Sep 22 by blu_dru

As a great man once said "chat sh!t get banged"

Gotta love David Attenborough
Norwood at it again on twitter. on 12:46 - Sep 22 with 1619 viewstextbackup

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 11:35 - Sep 22 by TooManyCooks

For clarity, I don't disagree with you and if I was viewing this from the "down the pub" example and someone I didn't know called me a c**t, there's only one outcome, but of course that involves a night in the cells and the associated aggravation that brings.

If it’s meant in anger or not, if I’m called a c**t I take it as a badge on honour.

I honestly thought only women hated that word.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 13:49 - Sep 22 with 1495 viewsTooManyCooks

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 12:46 - Sep 22 by textbackup

If it’s meant in anger or not, if I’m called a c**t I take it as a badge on honour.

I honestly thought only women hated that word.

I have no hatred of the word and use it far more than I should when with mates, but if you're in a boozer and a complete stranger confronts you and calls you a c**t, it's not likely that he wants to be your new best friend and given we're all probably on the wrong side of a few pints and a little worse for wear for that to happen anyway, under those circumstances, as much as I try to be a reformed character, there's just no way the bloke isn't getting a right hander.

This is not the immediate response for some people, or indeed most normal, civilised people I guess, but I've never been one of those

Meh, if you are going to randomly.... on 14:13 - Sep 22 with 1455 viewsNthQldITFC

Meh, if you are going to randomly.... on 09:42 - Sep 22 by Bloots

....give out abuse then what do you expect.

If that bloke had just walked up to someone on the street and called them a c**t then what would you expect to happen?

You'd very likely get a smack. Would that be acceptable? I expect most people would say it would be.

The bloke has gone out of his way to purposely try and piss someone off for absolutely no reason, and that person has done exactly the same thing back but actually with a reason.

Bad taste response? Yeah, no doubt. But if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

If that bloke had just walked up to someone on the street and called them a c**t then what would you expect to happen?

There's a very useful public information film on this very subject by a couple of blokes called Clive and Derek somewhere on the Internet. For some reason I cannot seem to post it here!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 14:24 - Sep 22 with 1420 viewsmarcus1642

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 09:29 - Sep 22 by OriginalMarkyP

He shouldn't have gone that far. But imagine waking up and the first thing you get is some total stranger messaging you telling you you're a useless c%%t?

It would trigger the best of us.

Put it in context if you're going to post it. Your post reads like he just did it for no reason. He was provoked. But he over reacted. Yes he should know better. But I bet he gets that kind or crap every day and sometimes you snap.

Also if you read the context of the thread I think they know each other and are potentially mates. And this is mates bants between them. The OP posts laughing, crying emojis when he tells Norwood she's dead. Probably between them.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 9:33]

Spot on. Big lads joke amongst mates. Blown out of all proportion by a bunch of snowflakes.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 14:28]
Norwood at it again on twitter. on 14:36 - Sep 22 with 1373 viewsNthQldITFC

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 09:29 - Sep 22 by OriginalMarkyP

He shouldn't have gone that far. But imagine waking up and the first thing you get is some total stranger messaging you telling you you're a useless c%%t?

It would trigger the best of us.

Put it in context if you're going to post it. Your post reads like he just did it for no reason. He was provoked. But he over reacted. Yes he should know better. But I bet he gets that kind or crap every day and sometimes you snap.

Also if you read the context of the thread I think they know each other and are potentially mates. And this is mates bants between them. The OP posts laughing, crying emojis when he tells Norwood she's dead. Probably between them.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 9:33]

In my experience the "I am crying with laughter" emoji is one of the most misleading indicators of a person's emotional state.

What, I think, it usually means is "I am desperate to make you feel inferior to me, and am simultaneously unaware that I am portraying my own insecurity in using this silly little picture".

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 14:40 - Sep 22 with 1350 viewsjayessess

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 11:35 - Sep 22 by TooManyCooks

Not sure the pub comparison really works? Twitter has 186 million users, Norwood has 20,000+ followers and his comments are available to the broader public in perpetuity. It's far more akin in terms of expectations to player behaviour with fans on match day. If I were the club's head of comms, I'd be telling the players precisely that "this is not the pub, here you are representing yourself, your professional reputation and the club in public, you should act like it".

Given his rather precarious position with the club right now - contract running down next Summer, no consistent level of achievement to point to, run ins with the law, injury prone - if I were his agent I'd be telling him to keep well away from this kind of stuff.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 14:42]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 14:53 - Sep 22 with 1310 viewsTooManyCooks

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 14:40 - Sep 22 by jayessess

Not sure the pub comparison really works? Twitter has 186 million users, Norwood has 20,000+ followers and his comments are available to the broader public in perpetuity. It's far more akin in terms of expectations to player behaviour with fans on match day. If I were the club's head of comms, I'd be telling the players precisely that "this is not the pub, here you are representing yourself, your professional reputation and the club in public, you should act like it".

Given his rather precarious position with the club right now - contract running down next Summer, no consistent level of achievement to point to, run ins with the law, injury prone - if I were his agent I'd be telling him to keep well away from this kind of stuff.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 14:42]

I agree with you (as per my previous post on the matter) there are different ways to see this as a bystander, neutral etc but perception from the club can and will be rather different.

I understand the range of perspectives, but IMO the whole thing is stupid and I don't suppose it will go down well with the club, especially when viewed alongside his previous indiscretions, exactly the image the new owners and anybody in management isn't looking for.

[Redacted] on 14:53 - Sep 22 with 1308 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Norwood at it again on twitter. on 15:13 - Sep 22 with 1261 viewsStrimmer

Probably inadvisable but honestly some people are overreacting a bit to this. He's not going after people, he's not being racist. Tawdry banter at worst. So its not really relevant to the football club.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 15:17 - Sep 22 with 1244 viewsHerbivore

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 15:13 - Sep 22 by Strimmer

Probably inadvisable but honestly some people are overreacting a bit to this. He's not going after people, he's not being racist. Tawdry banter at worst. So its not really relevant to the football club.

It's part of a wider pattern of him being a total bellend.

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 15:27 - Sep 22 with 1226 viewsStrimmer

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 15:17 - Sep 22 by Herbivore

It's part of a wider pattern of him being a total bellend.

Yeah, so what? You can't like everyone in life.

The drink driving conviction brought the club into disrepute, nothing else has crossed the threshold.

If you're compiling a dossier of silly online interactions by norwood, that's a bit mary whitehouse imo.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 15:28 - Sep 22 with 1218 viewsSwansea_Blue

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 09:29 - Sep 22 by Herbivore

What a prick. The numpty shouldn't be sending him that message in the first place but two wrongs don't make a right.

Pair of pricks.

God knows why anyone bothers with that sort of crap.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

[Redacted] on 15:31 - Sep 22 with 1205 viewsvictorywilhappen

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 15:13 - Sep 22 by Strimmer

[Redacted]
Norwood at it again on twitter. on 15:36 - Sep 22 with 1193 viewsHerbivore

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 15:27 - Sep 22 by Strimmer

Yeah, so what? You can't like everyone in life.

The drink driving conviction brought the club into disrepute, nothing else has crossed the threshold.

If you're compiling a dossier of silly online interactions by norwood, that's a bit mary whitehouse imo.

I guess some of us are a bit old fashioned and think a professional footballer publicly mocking someone's dead nan isn't something we really want to be associated with.

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 15:47 - Sep 22 with 1161 viewsBlueBadger

Norwood at it again on twitter. on 15:36 - Sep 22 by Herbivore

I guess some of us are a bit old fashioned and think a professional footballer publicly mocking someone's dead nan isn't something we really want to be associated with.

To be fair, mocking someone's dead nan is dick move, full stop, regardless of what you do for a living.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024