Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teams that you want to do well in League One..... 09:23 - Sep 22 with 2617 viewsPippin1970

Obviously Ipswich but really want Morecambe to do well. Especially coming out of Toby Cavery last night, seeing my ipswich sticker in back window. There coach off to Crewe.
Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 09:28 - Sep 22 with 2559 viewsFixed_It

Eh?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 09:30 - Sep 22 with 2553 viewssolemio

Very wise.
Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 09:45 - Sep 22 with 2502 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 09:30 - Sep 22 by solemio

Very wise.

But not Wise enough to Ern an upvote from you?
Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 10:06 - Sep 22 with 2470 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Naturally, you'd want small teams to do well, give it a go, it's nice for the neutral etc.
Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 10:30 - Sep 22 with 2421 viewsWeWereZombies

I wouldn't mind seeing Lowestoft do well in the Third Division but they have a few layers of the pyramid to climb first. See also Leiston, Bury Town, Woodbridge, Sudbury...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 10:51 - Sep 22 with 2388 viewsFixed_It

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 09:30 - Sep 22 by solemio

Very wise.

Look - this is all well and good, but....can someone explain what the OP is actually saying? I need an interpreter...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 11:30 - Sep 22 with 2327 viewsWeWereZombies

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 10:51 - Sep 22 by Fixed_It

Look - this is all well and good, but....can someone explain what the OP is actually saying? I need an interpreter...

OP likes plucky little Morecambe F.C. for sure
OP has been to a Toby Carvery - probably
They still have a Toby Carvery in Morcambe? Yes, it's true:
https://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/restaurants/north-west/morecambelancashire
OP has a town sticker in the back window of car / van / moped - probably
Morecambe F.C.'s team coach did not ding car / van / moped and occupants did not hurl abuse at OP on account of Town sticker - I guess so.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 11:57 - Sep 22 with 2299 viewsDouble_Dutch

You may find that Pippin1970 lives in that part of the country, I seem to remember Cumbria.

It reads to me, as though Pippin was coming out of his local Toby Carvery and noted the Morcambe supporters coach leaving for Crewe, in which he had left an Ipswich sticker in the rear window, one would assume from previous use of the coach company, which would have been contracted to take the supporters.
Login to get fewer ads

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 12:02 - Sep 22 with 2281 viewsSaleAway

Leaving aside the bits of that OP that I don't understand, I have quite a soft spot for Morecambe this year, as their left back, Greg Leigh, grew up opposite me, and he still spends a lot of time at his parents house, so see him pretty regularly. Really nice guy, who's struggled a bit with injuries the last couple of years, otherwise would be playing higher ( was highly rated at Aberdeen, before being struck down by a stress fracture and hamstring injuries.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 12:06 - Sep 22 with 2270 viewsPippin1970

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 11:30 - Sep 22 by WeWereZombies

OP likes plucky little Morecambe F.C. for sure
OP has been to a Toby Carvery - probably
They still have a Toby Carvery in Morcambe? Yes, it's true:
https://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/restaurants/north-west/morecambelancashire
OP has a town sticker in the back window of car / van / moped - probably
Morecambe F.C.'s team coach did not ding car / van / moped and occupants did not hurl abuse at OP on account of Town sticker - I guess so.

Spot on. Coming off a 28 hr shift. Headed for Carvery and the rest you explained.
Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 17:03 - Sep 22 with 2084 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I think he's saying all the right words, but not necessarily in the right order.
Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 17:09 - Sep 22 with 2068 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 12:06 - Sep 22 by Pippin1970

Spot on. Coming off a 28 hr shift. Headed for Carvery and the rest you explained.

I have a follow up question if I may… in what world would a Morecambe fan coach start abusing someone for having an Ipswich sticker on the back of their car?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 17:22 - Sep 22 with 2052 viewsChondzoresk

The only team up I care about is ITFC, the rest can go f*** themselves.
Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 22:46 - Sep 22 with 1884 viewsPippin1970

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 17:09 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

I have a follow up question if I may… in what world would a Morecambe fan coach start abusing someone for having an Ipswich sticker on the back of their car?

No abuse at all, just banter. Morecambe happy to play the big teams in this league. Think they will stay up too.
Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 08:12 - Sep 23 with 1753 viewsVic

Norwich

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 16:22 - Sep 23 with 1586 viewsChurchman

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 08:12 - Sep 23 by Vic

Norwich

I’d prefer to see Norwich do badly in League One.
Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 20:22 - Sep 23 with 1529 viewsVic

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 16:22 - Sep 23 by Churchman

I’d prefer to see Norwich do badly in League One.

At the moment I’d just like to see them in League one.

Glad to see you back btw!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 23:41 - Sep 23 with 1490 viewsChurchman

Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 20:22 - Sep 23 by Vic

At the moment I’d just like to see them in League one.

Glad to see you back btw!

Ta! Yes, I’d settle for that too, but given how successful they’ve been compared to us for so long now, a little additional pain for them wouldn’t go amiss. I’m greedy.
Teams that you want to do well in League One..... on 10:06 - Sep 24 with 1393 viewslazyblue

Absolutely none
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024