Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Green Energy ceasing trading..... 14:51 - Sep 22 with 2462 viewsitfcjoe

......what happens if you have a decent sized balance with them at the moment?!

Could really do with not losing that money!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 14:57 - Sep 22 with 1954 viewsGeoffSentence

Credit gets transferred to the new provider

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 14:58 - Sep 22 with 1952 viewsIpsRich

Full FAQ guidance is available via the link I've provided below from Ofgem the energy regulator.

In short, your credit balance will be transferred to your new supplier (which will be nominated for you by Ofgem). NB that your existing tariff with the former supplier cannot be honoured, so you'll be put on a rolling deal with the new supplier you can change whenever. I'd recommend taking a screenshot of your account balance, and take a meter reading too, just in case.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information-consumers/energy-advice-households/what-hap

Blog: [Blog] My ITFC Season 2012/13 Rules of Engagement

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:00 - Sep 22 with 1937 viewshype313

Good luck Joe, mine went bust 6 months ago and I got transferred to EDF, initially the tariff was very good for the first 6 months but recently I have to change and when I went on comparison sites they couldn't offer me anything better.

Think we will start seeing a plethora of these companies going bust in the coming weeks.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:01 - Sep 22 with 1922 viewsgiant_stow

Same here, although we probably owe them money if I had to guess. Find out soon I spose.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:05 - Sep 22 with 1903 viewsmylittletown

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:00 - Sep 22 by hype313

Good luck Joe, mine went bust 6 months ago and I got transferred to EDF, initially the tariff was very good for the first 6 months but recently I have to change and when I went on comparison sites they couldn't offer me anything better.

Think we will start seeing a plethora of these companies going bust in the coming weeks.

I just upgraded my EDF deal to get an EV tariff. So far they have been very good, and I got a decent fixed rate.
I did try a comparison on the Octopus site, much favoured in the EV world. They assured me that I would save £1.66 a year if a changed to them.
Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:05 - Sep 22 with 1902 viewsitfcjoe

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 14:58 - Sep 22 by IpsRich

Full FAQ guidance is available via the link I've provided below from Ofgem the energy regulator.

In short, your credit balance will be transferred to your new supplier (which will be nominated for you by Ofgem). NB that your existing tariff with the former supplier cannot be honoured, so you'll be put on a rolling deal with the new supplier you can change whenever. I'd recommend taking a screenshot of your account balance, and take a meter reading too, just in case.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information-consumers/energy-advice-households/what-hap

I'm halfway through a transfer out as it is, so hopefully that won't affect it

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:09 - Sep 22 with 1888 viewsIpsRich

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:05 - Sep 22 by itfcjoe

I'm halfway through a transfer out as it is, so hopefully that won't affect it

There's a question in the FAQ about active switches:

"You don’t need to worry. If it’s already in progress, you will continue to be moved to the new supplier you have chosen. You should not need to do anything.

Once the switch is complete your direct debit with your old supplier should be cancelled. You could also be owed money if your account had built up credit with the old supplier.

If the direct debit hasn’t cancelled you may need to close it off through your bank.

We'll look to appoint a supplier who will pay back money owed to you that's outstanding from a closed account."

Blog: [Blog] My ITFC Season 2012/13 Rules of Engagement

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:17 - Sep 22 with 1829 viewsSouperJim

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:00 - Sep 22 by hype313

Have you considered signing up to Flipper?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:31 - Sep 22 with 1809 viewsTooManyCooks

I'm with Avro Energy and just seen a post on Twitter from someone that says they've gone down too (I too have a decent sized credit balance). Just tried calling and line is dead, which probably means the post was right, just what I needed, another load of grief and no doubt a significantly higher tariff elsewhere!!

hedgehog flavoured cucumbers

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:35 - Sep 22 with 1783 viewshype313

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:31 - Sep 22 by TooManyCooks

I'm with Avro Energy and just seen a post on Twitter from someone that says they've gone down too (I too have a decent sized credit balance). Just tried calling and line is dead, which probably means the post was right, just what I needed, another load of grief and no doubt a significantly higher tariff elsewhere!!

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:35 - Sep 22 with 1776 viewsitfcjoe

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:31 - Sep 22 by TooManyCooks

I'm halfway through a switch from Green to Avro...!

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:38 - Sep 22 with 1752 viewsFixed_It

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:35 - Sep 22 by itfcjoe

Or not, as the case may be.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:40 - Sep 22 with 1734 viewsTooManyCooks

Lol (sorry) that's extremely bad luck.

I've been with Avro since they started and they've been really good, sad to see them go. Still able to log in online so I've just downloaded as many statements as possible and taken screenshots etc etc so when I get moved to wherever there's no nonsense about what my credit balance and payments were, if you haven't already, I'd suggest you do the same.

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:41 - Sep 22 with 1729 viewspositivity

ouch, don't switch to ecotricity in case it's you bringing them down!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:41 - Sep 22 with 1722 viewshype313

As much as it pains me to say, you would be better off going with one of the big boys, all these small companies just won't be able to survive this price cap issue, you will just be spending your time moving constantly.

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:44 - Sep 22 with 1694 viewshoppy

That doesn't sound good. Hope you are moved elsewhere without too much hassle, if Avro have also gone.

We're with Bulb... and they requested a bail out a couple of days ago, so a case of watch this space for us, I think...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:45 - Sep 22 with 1687 viewsTooManyCooks

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:40 - Sep 22 by TooManyCooks

I've been with Avro since they started and they've been really good, sad to see them go. Still able to log in online so I've just downloaded as many statements as possible and taken screenshots etc etc so when I get moved to wherever there's no nonsense about what my credit balance and payments were, if you haven't already, I'd suggest you do the same.

Literally, just after I wrote that, the website went dead, luckily I had already extracted almost everything of importance.

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:46 - Sep 22 with 1684 viewsHARRY10

Any credit is retained and will eventually show up in your new provider/account.

One of the real annoyances for me in the provider switching service is the way the cnts try to hide the actual tariff price. They will warble about how much the average house could save which is fairly fcking meaningless.

If a motorist wants to save of petrol/diesel they will want to know how much it is per litre... to compare - not have stupid signs outside of the garage saying how much you could save if you filled up your tank.

Otherwise this has exposed the nonsense these companies are. Great at trying to act as a middleman but much as with the US health 'service' a whole layer of unnecessary and costly bureaucracy.

There might be a case for the government to regulate/control utilities. It cannot be beyond the government to control the cost so as to iron out fluctuations. It has long done it with food production. This way it would not only stop such wasteful practice, but enable business to have a certainty about cost, as it would schools & hopsitals etc.
Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 16:38 - Sep 22 with 1566 viewsMookamoo

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:40 - Sep 22 by TooManyCooks

and get a meter reading
Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 16:42 - Sep 22 with 1550 viewsbluelagos

I signed upto green a week ago (Doh!) so hopefully can just stay with my current ones...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 16:43 - Sep 22 with 1546 viewsVic

I had the same with Yorkshire energy earlier this year. Everything got transferred seamlessly to Scottish power. However, they’ve put my bills up twice and after 6 months I’m paying £20 a month more. Because I moved less than a year ago it’s difficult to get an accurate comparison, but when I’ve tried it doesn’t seem that anyone is offering cheaper at the moment.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 16:53 - Sep 22 with 1490 viewsSouperJim

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:46 - Sep 22 by HARRY10

Any credit is retained and will eventually show up in your new provider/account.

One of the real annoyances for me in the provider switching service is the way the cnts try to hide the actual tariff price. They will warble about how much the average house could save which is fairly fcking meaningless.

If a motorist wants to save of petrol/diesel they will want to know how much it is per litre... to compare - not have stupid signs outside of the garage saying how much you could save if you filled up your tank.

Otherwise this has exposed the nonsense these companies are. Great at trying to act as a middleman but much as with the US health 'service' a whole layer of unnecessary and costly bureaucracy.

There might be a case for the government to regulate/control utilities. It cannot be beyond the government to control the cost so as to iron out fluctuations. It has long done it with food production. This way it would not only stop such wasteful practice, but enable business to have a certainty about cost, as it would schools & hopsitals etc.

Another reason to sign up to Flipper, they find out the actual tariff info for you and switch you on that basis.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 16:59 - Sep 22 with 1475 viewsHARRY10

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 16:43 - Sep 22 by Vic

I had the same with Yorkshire energy earlier this year. Everything got transferred seamlessly to Scottish power. However, they’ve put my bills up twice and after 6 months I’m paying £20 a month more. Because I moved less than a year ago it’s difficult to get an accurate comparison, but when I’ve tried it doesn’t seem that anyone is offering cheaper at the moment.

I doubt any are offering fixed deals, as it will be hard for them to secure a fixed price with a supplier

One variable, the daily charge is worth checking but that may not make much difference over the long term in consideration to the time you might spend

I think it is just going to be one of those things we have to bite on the bullet and put up with.... variable (rising) charges

Perhaps it might cause some to be a bit more thoughtful over their energy consumption..... some
Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 17:06 - Sep 22 with 1442 viewsDouble_Dutch

Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 15:45 - Sep 22 by TooManyCooks

Literally, just after I wrote that, the website went dead, luckily I had already extracted almost everything of importance.

During the 2019 Christmas holidays, I received a text from British Gas welcoming me onboard as a new customer., which I thought was very strange being with Breeze Energy for a few years with no problems. Found out Breeze had ceased trading with no notification from either Breeze or Ofgem to this effect. This prevented me from taking meter readings, although, fortunately, the Breeze website was still active and, did permit me to download all statements and current balance.

Switched by Ofgem to British Gas, which was a nightmare running into the first national lockdown in March 2020. Unable to switch until I could confirm that my balance from Breeze had been credited to my account, placed on their most expensive tariff, no one available to speak with about the situation due to work from home and, my account status changed daily on their website from credit to debit. Somehow, I managed to have a credit in excess of £200 from Breeze plus monthly standing orders swallowed within 4 months of being a British Gas customer!

Switched to Avro and, as already stated, really good to deal with. Sadly, it would now appear that the situation is about to begin again. I was too late to the party to retrieve any data from the dead website today, however, I thankfully had already taken a screenshot of my account balance at the beginning of the month, just a shame that I could not get to copy the meter readings from previous statements. I have also taken photo's of both gas and electricity meters, which will be time and date stamped for what I hope is not a similar issue with my new assigned supplier as previously experienced.
Green Energy ceasing trading..... on 17:41 - Sep 22 with 1341 viewsRyorry

Likewise, I committed around £200 to their "10% off if you buy now for the future" offer a few months ago - interesting thinking back to that, I wonder if they had an inkling of at least some things to come 🤔

And I've been on an Eonomy 10 tariff for decades, anyone know if you get transferred to a similar tariff in that respect?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024