Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update 09:28 - Sep 23 with 9391 viewsurbanblue

What happens when you try and protest in the world's most livable city

Yesterday ...

Today ...

[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 9:35]
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 10:33 - Sep 23 with 3636 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Utterly harrowing and unsurprisingly this terror isn't going to be broadcasted by national TV.

Italy may be the first European country when moments like this are going to be a regular occurence due to the new rules starting from the middle of next month.
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 10:36 - Sep 23 with 3626 viewsSwansea_Blue

I suppose that's what people get for being anti-vaxxer twonks in the middle of a global pandemic.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 11:08 - Sep 23 with 3547 viewsurbanblue

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 10:33 - Sep 23 by Mach_foreignBlue

Utterly harrowing and unsurprisingly this terror isn't going to be broadcasted by national TV.

Italy may be the first European country when moments like this are going to be a regular occurence due to the new rules starting from the middle of next month.

I just watched the evening news on the ABC and they said Melbourne was quiet today. Showed the police standing around in fleuro jackets.

Unreal!
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 11:11 - Sep 23 with 3525 viewsurbanblue

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 10:36 - Sep 23 by Swansea_Blue

I suppose that's what people get for being anti-vaxxer twonks in the middle of a global pandemic.

Absolute nonsense. A throwaway comment that shows you have absolutely no idea of the situation in Melbourne.
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 11:32 - Sep 23 with 3480 viewsBlueBadger

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 11:11 - Sep 23 by urbanblue

Absolute nonsense. A throwaway comment that shows you have absolutely no idea of the situation in Melbourne.

Looks pretty clear to me - a load of anti-vaxxer twonks teamed up with some nazis decided to take to the streets to try and spread potentially life-threatening misinformation and start trouble. Chat sh1t and all that...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/melbourne-protests-covid-co
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 11:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 11:35 - Sep 23 with 3471 viewschicoazul

Predict this thread will demonstrate my theory about TWTDs authoritarian core and how those people in some way deserve what’s coming.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 11:36 - Sep 23 with 3452 viewsBlueBadger

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 11:35 - Sep 23 by chicoazul

Predict this thread will demonstrate my theory about TWTDs authoritarian core and how those people in some way deserve what’s coming.

Anyone who doesn't think that nazis deserve a good kicking is definitely in the wrong.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/melbourne-protests-covid-co

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 11:38 - Sep 23 with 3442 viewsBlueBadger

NAZI, anti-vaxxer twonks.

Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 11:51 - Sep 23 with 3421 viewschicoazul

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 11:36 - Sep 23 by BlueBadger

Anyone who doesn't think that nazis deserve a good kicking is definitely in the wrong.

Having been punched by and punched actual Nazis several times ten years or so ago I do wish people wouldn’t use the term inaccurately. Many people at Melbourne in the receiving end of the paramilitary police actions are not, in fact, Nazis.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 12:11 - Sep 23 with 3353 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Genuine question urbanblue.
What’s the general situation in your neck of the woods regarding restrictions at the moment?.
I haven’t heard from my buddy over there for a couple of months now and he was keeping me regularly informed up until recently.
Is it still a case of lockdown, easing, lockdown etc?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 12:22 - Sep 23 with 3310 viewsurbanblue

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 11:32 - Sep 23 by BlueBadger

Looks pretty clear to me - a load of anti-vaxxer twonks teamed up with some nazis decided to take to the streets to try and spread potentially life-threatening misinformation and start trouble. Chat sh1t and all that...

[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 11:46]

That report is a one sided load of bollox ... so simple to just say they are all anti vaxxers and Nazis. There is so much more to it then that. Let's denigrate so many people who have lost everything. If protesting wasn't banned and the police didn't behave like that there would be thousands upon thousands on the street.

Melbourne has been locked down longer than anywhere else in the world. This hasn't been a lockdown 'light' like many places. There has been curfews, restrictions on movement, and some hardcore rules policed by a force who have been enforcing in the most Authoritarian ways imaginable. The premier is a megalomaniac who just wants to win and no one should question his authority. Parliament is suspended and his word is law.

The people of Melbourne are broken. Stuff I am hearing is heartbreaking. In fact, what is going on in my state NSW and throughout Australia I find very worrying and for the first time I find myself thinking of leaving Australia.

... Oh, I forgot. No one is allowed to leave ...
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 12:25 - Sep 23 with 3294 viewsNthQldITFC

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 11:08 - Sep 23 by urbanblue

I just watched the evening news on the ABC and they said Melbourne was quiet today. Showed the police standing around in fleuro jackets.

Unreal!

Is this one of 'em?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 12:29 - Sep 23 with 3272 viewsgiant_stow

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 12:22 - Sep 23 by urbanblue

That report is a one sided load of bollox ... so simple to just say they are all anti vaxxers and Nazis. There is so much more to it then that. Let's denigrate so many people who have lost everything. If protesting wasn't banned and the police didn't behave like that there would be thousands upon thousands on the street.

Melbourne has been locked down longer than anywhere else in the world. This hasn't been a lockdown 'light' like many places. There has been curfews, restrictions on movement, and some hardcore rules policed by a force who have been enforcing in the most Authoritarian ways imaginable. The premier is a megalomaniac who just wants to win and no one should question his authority. Parliament is suspended and his word is law.

The people of Melbourne are broken. Stuff I am hearing is heartbreaking. In fact, what is going on in my state NSW and throughout Australia I find very worrying and for the first time I find myself thinking of leaving Australia.

... Oh, I forgot. No one is allowed to leave ...

I'm building a site for someone in Sydney right now and she would agree about the severity of the restrictions, I think.

From my little knowledge of Australia (a couple of visits) it seems like society over there was always quite regimented and rule-heavy. Could be wrong...

Sorry to hear its such a struggle at the mo.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 12:46 - Sep 23 with 3215 viewsurbanblue

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 12:11 - Sep 23 by StochesStotasBlewe

Genuine question urbanblue.
What’s the general situation in your neck of the woods regarding restrictions at the moment?.
I haven’t heard from my buddy over there for a couple of months now and he was keeping me regularly informed up until recently.
Is it still a case of lockdown, easing, lockdown etc?

It's all pretty crazy. I live in Northern NSW, near Byron Bay. We still haven't had a locally transmitted case in months and my shire has just come out of a 5 week lockdown. Byron Shire, 20 minutes down the road was only out for one week and is now back in lockdown because someone escaped from Sydney and passed through there.

Like Victoria the NSW premier has gone full Authoritarian, and like Victoria, parliament has been suspended so she can do what the hell she wants under Emergency Public Health orders.

The plan as outlined is that once the state reaches 70% double vaxxed that lockdown will end but for the Vaccinated only. The unvaccinated are to remain locked down and will be unable to take part in society, including being able to go to work. That's expected to happen about 11th October.

So that would mean that people working and living out of lockdown will have to just stop and stay home from that date.

Crazy sh1t eh.
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 12:49 - Sep 23 with 3198 viewsurbanblue

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 12:29 - Sep 23 by giant_stow

I'm building a site for someone in Sydney right now and she would agree about the severity of the restrictions, I think.

From my little knowledge of Australia (a couple of visits) it seems like society over there was always quite regimented and rule-heavy. Could be wrong...

Sorry to hear its such a struggle at the mo.

Cheers mate.

You're right. The Aussies love rules and doing as they're told.

Ideal for this opportunity to reshape society here. China will never have to invade ...
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 12:50 - Sep 23 with 3192 viewslowhouseblue

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 11:35 - Sep 23 by chicoazul

but it's not authoritarian if you come at it from the liberal left, because you have right on your side. or something like that.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 12:53 - Sep 23 with 3176 viewsSwansea_Blue

No course I don't. But what Badger said. Of course nobody wants to see heavy handed state intervention, but publically spreading anti-vax lies in the middle of a pandemic isn't exactly the smartest move. They're lucky they live in Oz and not China, otherwise they'd be 'disappearing'.

Edit - fair enough if this spread into people not involved in the Naziing/anti-vaxxing. Nobody wants to see signs like that. On the face of it Australia's controls have worked (1,190 deaths versus our 135,000). The cost of that could have been mitigated through social intervention. Sounds like that hasn't happened, which is a tragic shame given they've one so well on keeping infections and deaths down.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 13:01]

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 13:02 - Sep 23 with 3125 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 12:46 - Sep 23 by urbanblue

It's all pretty crazy. I live in Northern NSW, near Byron Bay. We still haven't had a locally transmitted case in months and my shire has just come out of a 5 week lockdown. Byron Shire, 20 minutes down the road was only out for one week and is now back in lockdown because someone escaped from Sydney and passed through there.

Like Victoria the NSW premier has gone full Authoritarian, and like Victoria, parliament has been suspended so she can do what the hell she wants under Emergency Public Health orders.

The plan as outlined is that once the state reaches 70% double vaxxed that lockdown will end but for the Vaccinated only. The unvaccinated are to remain locked down and will be unable to take part in society, including being able to go to work. That's expected to happen about 11th October.

So that would mean that people working and living out of lockdown will have to just stop and stay home from that date.

Crazy sh1t eh.

Thanks for the reply fella.
Crazy sh1t indeed.
Must seem like no end in sight for you guys.
Best I check on the wellbeing of my mate.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 13:26 - Sep 23 with 3058 viewsBlueBadger

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 11:51 - Sep 23 by chicoazul

Having been punched by and punched actual Nazis several times ten years or so ago I do wish people wouldn’t use the term inaccurately. Many people at Melbourne in the receiving end of the paramilitary police actions are not, in fact, Nazis.

They're just sitting near them?

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 13:35 - Sep 23 with 3030 viewschicoazul

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 13:26 - Sep 23 by BlueBadger

They're just sitting near them?

There speaks a man who has obviously never been involved in a protest March or act of civil disobedience in his life. When you go to those things you often find yourself mixed in with people whose views you may find repulsive in whole or part. This mixing can be for many reasons including they are there to agitate, to disinform, and for a punch up with the police or anyone else they deem in the wrong. But I guess if there is trouble that’s the fault of the people attending in good faith isn’t it. They’ve nobody but themselves to blame!!1!1

[Redacted] on 13:49 - Sep 23 with 2986 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 13:52 - Sep 23 with 2972 viewsurbanblue

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 13:02 - Sep 23 by StochesStotasBlewe

Thanks for the reply fella.
Crazy sh1t indeed.
Must seem like no end in sight for you guys.
Best I check on the wellbeing of my mate.

Whereabouts is he?
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 13:56 - Sep 23 with 2954 viewsLightworker

Why don't you actually research what is happening before being so ridiculously narrow minded and judgemental? Defending Police brutality and tyranny is not a great look.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 13:59]
[Redacted] on 14:13 - Sep 23 with 2908 viewsvictorywilhappen

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 13:56 - Sep 23 by Lightworker

Why don't you actually research what is happening before being so ridiculously narrow minded and judgemental? Defending Police brutality and tyranny is not a great look.

[Redacted]
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 14:20 - Sep 23 with 2872 viewsSwansea_Blue

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 13:56 - Sep 23 by Lightworker

Narrow minded to want anti-vaxxers to be held to account for undermining public health advice in the middle of a pandemic?

Jeez, what have we become?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024