Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* 10:09 - Sep 23 with 1844 viewsartsbossbeard

1. People wrongly credit The Pine Barrens as being the best episode but the correct answer is Long Term Parking (Series 5, Ep 12).
2. Sticking with Series 5, the long running "Tony B Problem" is wonderfully written, crafted and acted.
3. Paulie Walnuts is by far the best character.
4. Carmela breaks Tony's balls far too much. This is a view shared by Lucan and myself.
5. The very end scene is still brilliant. In my mind, Tony has seen the hit coming and reached for the light switch to go fully Arnie on them and The Soprano's now live under assumed identities in Florida. And watch Monster Trucks.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 10:21 - Sep 23 with 1804 viewsChiefXL

Nope, Pine Barrens is the best episode closely followed by Employee of the Month

Agree about the ending
Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 11:29 - Sep 23 with 1727 viewsHerbivore

Think the ending is a bit meh, but endings almost always are in long running series. I started rewatching it a while ago but lost momentum a few episodes in. It is a great series though, just struggled to get back into it for some reason.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 11:33 - Sep 23 with 1721 viewschicoazul

Re your last point I will say forever that Tony is a terrible person and mass murderer who deserved to die and Carmela probably did too as his enabler. Going to see the film? Supposed to be very good.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 11:36 - Sep 23 with 1709 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 11:33 - Sep 23 by chicoazul

Re your last point I will say forever that Tony is a terrible person and mass murderer who deserved to die and Carmela probably did too as his enabler. Going to see the film? Supposed to be very good.

Off to see the movie on Monday. Had no idea the actor was Gandolfini's son.
Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 11:41 - Sep 23 with 1707 viewsmylittletown

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 11:33 - Sep 23 by chicoazul

Agree with that. Although I enjoyed the series, I always felt a bit uncomfortable with the fact that Tony was an evil man, and so are his cronies. I know that we are supposed to see that it is not black and white, and that even bad guys can be nice to their mother, although Tony's mother was, of course, vile. The fact that Gandolfini was a terrific actor lifted the character much to close to being the hero for comfort.

I would also contend that Breaking Bad was even better.
Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 12:16 - Sep 23 with 1656 viewsBluefields

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 11:36 - Sep 23 by BlueBlueBluex2

Off to see the movie on Monday. Had no idea the actor was Gandolfini's son.

Saw the film last night and it was decent but not brilliant. There are certainly better "gangster" films out there.
Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 12:44 - Sep 23 with 1592 viewsDevereuxxx

I've also rewatched recently and it's even better this time around.

I think my favourite character is actually Silvio, as he says so little but his facial expression always gets me.

I'm of the belief where the genius lies in that we're almost meant to be rooting for Tony, as it's so well-acted by Gandolfini and we see his more 'sensitive side, but while at all times meant to be unnerved and perturbed by his actions.
Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 12:55 - Sep 23 with 1564 viewsIllinoisblue

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 11:41 - Sep 23 by mylittletown

Agree with that. Although I enjoyed the series, I always felt a bit uncomfortable with the fact that Tony was an evil man, and so are his cronies. I know that we are supposed to see that it is not black and white, and that even bad guys can be nice to their mother, although Tony's mother was, of course, vile. The fact that Gandolfini was a terrific actor lifted the character much to close to being the hero for comfort.

I would also contend that Breaking Bad was even better.

That’s the strength of the show; makes you root for the bad guys.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 13:39 - Sep 23 with 1517 viewsartsbossbeard

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 12:55 - Sep 23 by Illinoisblue

My swearing gets worse after watching it and I always end up on online looking at velour Fila tracksuit tops.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

[Redacted] on 13:57 - Sep 23 with 1479 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 13:57 - Sep 23 with 1479 viewsBluefields

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 13:39 - Sep 23 by artsbossbeard

My swearing gets worse after watching it and I always end up on online looking at velour Fila tracksuit tops.

In XXXL?
Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 14:44 - Sep 23 with 1448 viewsIllinoisblue

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 13:39 - Sep 23 by artsbossbeard

Same. And am forced to go buy a box of pastries from the local deli.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 14:46 - Sep 23 with 1441 viewsWestcountryblue

The episode when they go over to Italy is superb, watching them in the car at the end when they realise what a s**thole New Jersey is.

The whack on the boat is great too.
Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 18:19 - Sep 23 with 1314 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 12:44 - Sep 23 by Devereuxxx

I've also rewatched recently and it's even better this time around.

I think my favourite character is actually Silvio, as he says so little but his facial expression always gets me.

I'm of the belief where the genius lies in that we're almost meant to be rooting for Tony, as it's so well-acted by Gandolfini and we see his more 'sensitive side, but while at all times meant to be unnerved and perturbed by his actions.

If you like Silvio’s expressions check out Lillehammer.
It’s very good and SVZ is the lead character.
Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 18:22 - Sep 23 with 1308 viewsMullet

6 the stocks of tinned food etc they keep in the house is astounding

7 the deaths of Chris and Adriana are excellent plot devices and moments as they create so much debate

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 18:27 - Sep 23 with 1289 viewshappybeingblue

i enjoyed sopranos but gomorrah is next level.
Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 18:30 - Sep 23 with 1283 viewsLord_Lucan

I also think the ending is superb.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 20:56 - Sep 23 with 1199 viewsCoastalblue

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 18:30 - Sep 23 by Lord_Lucan

I also think the ending is superb.

Agree, though think I do go with Pine Barrens for best episode.

Paulie is one of the best characters in any series ever, it's so well written and they all have room to breathe, the stuff with his Mum adds a whole new dimension.

The whole thing is brilliantly written, especially considering how old it is now and how different it was for TV then.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 21:09 - Sep 23 with 1189 viewsBluespeed225

In 02' while having a spell in NY i went to a gig in Asbury Park, The Stone Pony (Ipswichs' own The Adidicts btw), met a bird from Longbranch. saw her for a couple of years going back and forth. Anyway, i wasnt allowed to mention The Sopranos, I met a 'connected' guy, named Joe Rizzo, which made me laugh as Midnight Cowboy and The Jerky Boys were a big influence on me going to NY years before, saw some others, parts of NJ shore are lovely, people were great with me as i don't think they'd ever met an English person down there! Happy days!
Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 21:19 - Sep 23 with 1167 viewsCoastalblue

My other half bought ne tickets to 'In Coversation With The Sopranos' last year, should be awesome if covid ever lets it happen.

Bobby, Pussy and Christopher in coversation on stage.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 07:53 - Sep 24 with 1058 viewsmikeybloo88

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 18:19 - Sep 23 by SouthBucksBlue

If you like Silvio’s expressions check out Lillehammer.
It’s very good and SVZ is the lead character.

Much as I liked Silvio, I didn't like Lillehammer. SVZ over egged the hammy expressions and it was all too silly and implausible. Gave up after 6 episodes...
Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 08:11 - Sep 24 with 1046 viewswitchdoctor

Rewatching The Sopranos' start to finish - list of 5. *Spoiler within* on 12:55 - Sep 23 by Illinoisblue

something like das boot?..😆
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024