Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And now Flipper is going as well.... 15:15 - Sep 23 with 936 viewsitfcjoe

....that's a pain as were really good!

Just going to be back to the big 6 energy companies and spending a fortune

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

And now Flipper is going as well.... on 15:43 - Sep 23 with 851 viewsVaughan8

Not necessarily. Did a comparison a few months or so ago, and a lot of those ones were the best priced.

But yes all these small ones are (EDIT Aren't!) going to survive are they as I'm guessing they just buy energy for the near future whereas the big ones buy at advanced prices? (Is that how it works?)
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 15:48]
And now Flipper is going as well.... on 15:45 - Sep 23 with 843 viewshype313

And now Flipper is going as well.... on 15:43 - Sep 23 by Vaughan8

Not necessarily. Did a comparison a few months or so ago, and a lot of those ones were the best priced.

But yes all these small ones are (EDIT Aren't!) going to survive are they as I'm guessing they just buy energy for the near future whereas the big ones buy at advanced prices? (Is that how it works?)
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 15:48]

I think you're right, it's all down to cash, the big boys have enough to buy bulk in advance, leaving the smaller companies at the mercy of times like these.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

And now Flipper is going as well.... on 16:05 - Sep 23 with 778 viewsSwansea_Blue

I checked tarifs just before this kicked off and was getting quoted about £1,200/yr for a fixed dual fuel. They've gone up to over £2,400 in the last week. Bonkers. I'm staying on variable which is currently well less than half the price and hope things calm down a bit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

And now Flipper is going as well.... on 16:09 - Sep 23 with 753 viewsRyorry

It's not just the money, it's the sh1t customer (dis)service of the 'big 6' (7 for me asd I include Ovo, who I was unhappily with for several years, in that. They connected day & night units the wrong way round, gave incorrect info re Economy 10 timings, refused to listen, & when they were finally forced to, took 2 years to sort it out. Not to mention hugely bumping up many people's DDs without even telling them.

Northern Energy also had multiple pages of literally thousands of angry, frustrated customers on the money-saving-expert forum last time I looked - I'd been with both them & Scottish Power before, and was nearly as unhappy with both their CSs as with Ovo.

Green were wonderful for CS - pick up a phone, and an actual human being answered very quickly. No loops, no menus, no 'holds', all very competent & helpful. I'm gonna miss them, and feel sorry for their staff, all of whom I found excellent.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

And now Flipper is going as well.... on 16:12 - Sep 23 with 737 viewsJakeITFC

And now Flipper is going as well.... on 15:45 - Sep 23 by hype313

I think you're right, it's all down to cash, the big boys have enough to buy bulk in advance, leaving the smaller companies at the mercy of times like these.

Cash, credit-worthiness and even just access to the products that would minimise risk in an environment like this all underlying causes.

Some badly run companies will go to the wall in this period, but it is worth saying that some of them are defenseless against the sort of prices that have occurred this month.
And now Flipper is going as well.... on 17:10 - Sep 23 with 646 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Is anyone with the Dale Vince/Ecotricity one....any good?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

And now Flipper is going as well.... on 17:22 - Sep 23 with 609 viewsWD19

And now Flipper is going as well.... on 15:45 - Sep 23 by hype313

As I understand it the bigger/more reputable companies 'hedge' so they are insulated from price fluctuations. Some of the smaller players gambled and sold schemes at a level that were never going to be viable if prices went up.
And now Flipper is going as well.... on 07:14 - Sep 24 with 418 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I hate to break it to you but he died years ago.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024