Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have a very sore foot (yes I know it looks longer) 20:42 - Sep 23 with 2010 viewsKeno

seems I have may have gout

its 'fffing painful

anyone else suffer with it?
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 20:42]

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I have a very sore foot (yes I know it looks longer) on 14:53 - Aug 5 with 211 viewsKeno

I have a very sore foot (yes I know it looks longer) on 14:46 - Aug 5 by jeera

Get onto the blood tests Keno.

Uric acid crystals don't choose where they get dumped off and although it's usually the joints; yes the big toe famously and other joints as already mentioned, they can form in the heart too.

Allopurinol is the long-term management but that itself can cause flare-ups so chances are the doc would give you Colchicine to help counter any of those whilst your blood finds the right balance. Colchicine knock me for six and I wouldn't drive on them but I'm sure that's not the same for everyone but they are only a 3 day treatment [at a time] as a rule to knock back any major attacks.

Purines are found in varying levels in almost everything in things like prawns and salmon to even spinach.

Print off a chart so you can compare when you get a twinge to what you may have consumed that caused it.

I had 3 giant tiger prawns the other week and won't be doing that again.

Hi Jeera!!

The gout was in my feet, I have badly brown toes from playing football and the crystals found them like expcet missiles!!

Got prescribed Colchicine to which my bowels reacted fairly violently and Allopurinol caused muscle cramps so I stopped take those.

At the moment its under control helped by a home test kit and drinking so much water Id get a commonwealth gold for p1ssing

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024