Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today 08:23 - Sep 24 with 2534 viewsDubtractor

Scary to think that it now very definitely classifies as a golden oldie, and that therefore I must be old too, but I figured a nirvana thread for us to wallow in nostalgia wouldn't hurt on a Friday morning.

Gutted that I never got to see them live, but Nevermind was a real soundtrack to my teenage years.

This is my pick.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 08:28 - Sep 24 with 1500 viewshype313

Seminal album, 30 years is ridiculous.

From the same year Pearl Jam's "10" Album was also a soundtrack to sunnier times.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 08:37 - Sep 24 with 1476 viewsDBaldy

Definitely makes me feel old. Also never got to see them live, I did have tickets for Brixton Academy in April 1994, but we know how that ended...

Pearl Jam's 10 was also an amazing album, along with Blood Sugar Sex Magik (which apparently was also released 30 years ago today!)

3 of the best albums ever IMO, was a great period for rock music.
Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 08:46 - Sep 24 with 1457 viewsMookamoo

Was lucky enough to see them at Reading in 91 and 92. They were fun.

Shout out to Little Roy
Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 08:48 - Sep 24 with 1446 viewschicoazul

What a band and what a man Kurt was. Such a shame about his…….”suicide”

Also Krist Nov is some sort of loony gun nut libertarian now. No idea what happened to the other guy.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 8:49]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 08:55 - Sep 24 with 1423 viewsDubtractor

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 08:46 - Sep 24 by Mookamoo

Shout out to Little Roy

That little Roy album is ace isn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:00 - Sep 24 with 1410 viewsBlueandTruesince82

BBC has a good documentary the other day, when Nivana came to the UK (something like that) good watch. Should be on Iplayer

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:00 - Sep 24 with 1410 viewsHerbivore

Breed is an excellent shout, my favourite track is Lounge Act but Breed comes in second. It's a seminal album without a doubt, though as a whole album I think I prefer In Utero. We are officially old now, Nevermind was released closer to the first Beatles album than to today.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:01 - Sep 24 with 1408 viewsHerbivore

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 08:48 - Sep 24 by chicoazul

What a band and what a man Kurt was. Such a shame about his…….”suicide”

Also Krist Nov is some sort of loony gun nut libertarian now. No idea what happened to the other guy.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 8:49]

Can't imagine the drummer went on to do much else.

Login to get fewer ads

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:05 - Sep 24 with 1399 viewsMookamoo

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 08:55 - Sep 24 by Dubtractor

That little Roy album is ace isn't it?

It's tops. Just shows that if you strip away all the nonsense that surrounded Cobain, he could write a tune.
Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:11 - Sep 24 with 1377 viewschicoazul

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:01 - Sep 24 by Herbivore

Can't imagine the drummer went on to do much else.

Probably playing basement gigs in Seattle to this day

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:14 - Sep 24 with 1365 viewsEdwardStone

Mate of mine, a painter and decorator by trade, is a Nirvana fan

He Smells Like White Spirit
Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:24 - Sep 24 with 1349 viewsGuthrum

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 08:46 - Sep 24 by Mookamoo

Shout out to Little Roy

This was quite a good cover, too:

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:42 - Sep 24 with 1315 viewsMerseyBlue

What can you say about an album like Nevermind, except for thank goodness it exists. Some excellent picks here, I've always gravitated towards Drain You but really it depends on my mood.

I wasn't around to witness them first hand so Nevermind was naturally the first album I heard from them. Whilst I prefer In Utero, I wouldn't have discovered Pennyroyal Tea or All Apologies if it wasn't for Smells Like Teen Spirit.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:48 - Sep 24 with 1302 viewsHerbivore

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:42 - Sep 24 by MerseyBlue

What can you say about an album like Nevermind, except for thank goodness it exists. Some excellent picks here, I've always gravitated towards Drain You but really it depends on my mood.

I wasn't around to witness them first hand so Nevermind was naturally the first album I heard from them. Whilst I prefer In Utero, I wouldn't have discovered Pennyroyal Tea or All Apologies if it wasn't for Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Drain You is another excellent shout. Lithium was the song that first got me into Nirvana but I wouldn't have it in my top 3 songs off the album now.

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:52 - Sep 24 with 1283 viewsbluelagos

Yesterday 30 years ago Screamadelica was released too.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:53 - Sep 24 with 1280 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It's not really fair to compare the 2 given Nirvana burned bright and fast but I think it could be a fun discussion.

The Foo Fighters are a better band than Nivana discuss?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:55 - Sep 24 with 1275 viewsHerbivore

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:53 - Sep 24 by BlueandTruesince82

It's not really fair to compare the 2 given Nirvana burned bright and fast but I think it could be a fun discussion.

The Foo Fighters are a better band than Nivana discuss?

There's nothing to discuss, it's a patently false proposition.

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:55 - Sep 24 with 1275 viewsMerseyBlue

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:48 - Sep 24 by Herbivore

Drain You is another excellent shout. Lithium was the song that first got me into Nirvana but I wouldn't have it in my top 3 songs off the album now.

I was a huge fan of Lithium as a teenager but would have to agree with that as well now.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:57 - Sep 24 with 1267 viewsMerseyBlue

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:52 - Sep 24 by bluelagos

Yesterday 30 years ago Screamadelica was released too.

Wow what an incredible week for music - although I'm sure someone could throw something else up to make me water that statement down a little.

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 10:09 - Sep 24 with 1244 viewsHerbivore

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:57 - Sep 24 by MerseyBlue

Wow what an incredible week for music - although I'm sure someone could throw something else up to make me water that statement down a little.

Jive Bunny's third album came out in 1991, although I can't confirm if it was released in September.

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 10:11 - Sep 24 with 1242 viewsbluelagos

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 09:57 - Sep 24 by MerseyBlue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/b33c43da-5fe9-4595-9172-b4083c74e891

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 10:33 - Sep 24 with 1216 viewsBLUEBEAT

Did get to see them at N*rwich Arts Centre in 1989.

Didn’t think much of them, to be honest.

But I did get a little excited when they shambolically covered ‘Love Buzz’. I love Shocking Blue.

I will save my rose-tinted contact lenses for the Primal Scream ‘Screamadelica’ thread…

Poll: W or W

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 11:04 - Sep 24 with 1173 viewsvilanovablue

Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 10:11 - Sep 24 by bluelagos

https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/b33c43da-5fe9-4595-9172-b4083c74e891

Great article until the chucked in Simply Red at the end!
Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 11:14 - Sep 24 with 1162 viewsBluish

I was told that they played the Sea Cadet Hall in Cambridge on one of their early UK tours, a week or so before I played there with my band. Never been able to verify this, but a lot of bands played there around this time.
Nirvana - Nevermind is 30 (thirty) today on 12:10 - Sep 24 with 1113 viewsSteve_M

A little later but as covers go this one is pretty good:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024