Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When the apocalypse eventually comes.... 09:34 - Sep 25 with 1281 viewsDubtractor

I'm gonna be stuffed.

Every time one of these hoarding episodes happens (petrol, big roll, pasta, fresh food) I just shrug my shoulders and carry on as normal. I've not run out of anything yet.

But for all my smugness, when the apocalypse does actually arrive I'll be one of the first to go as my doomsday prep game is weak as piss.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 09:40 - Sep 25 with 1244 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m the same. Slightly less smug than I was as both our cars are getting low, but there’s no way I’m queuing for ages. Big queues again this morning on the way to swimming at 6.30. Madness. It’ll sort itself out.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 12:06 - Sep 25 with 1133 viewsJ2BLUE

It fascinates me that there's a shortage of fuel (however self created that may be) but you can buy all the Christmas themed food you want. Fuel? Nah. Iced gluten free mini Christmas cake squares? Hell yea.

Obviously the company selling Christmas cake aren't going to sacrifice their sales for the greater good but it's amusing. Sort of.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 12:08 - Sep 25 with 1118 viewsGlasgowBlue

Your cats will eat you first.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 12:36 - Sep 25 with 1073 viewsbluelagos

At one point my bog roll supply was down to a couple of days. I did have kitchen roll as emergency back up and a couple of those wet wipe things - but far from ideal putting them down your bog.

At the foodbank I help with, we got a load of surplus donations about 2 months later where people had clearly gone a bit mental previously.

I also survived 8 years (in 3 stints) in Lagos where shortages of everything imported where quite common. Having to do without marmite or heinx ketchup for a few weeks wasn't the hardest of hardships, but I quickly learned to throw a few jars in my luggage when returning from holiday :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 12:45 - Sep 25 with 1047 viewsThrobbe

Conversely, one of my team lives with his parents and his mum is a bit of a compulsive hoarder type. They've always had a garage full of tinned food and household essentials 'just in case'.

She has apparently been unbearably smug for most of the last 2 years.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 12:54 - Sep 25 with 1025 viewsleitrimblue

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 12:36 - Sep 25 by bluelagos

At one point my bog roll supply was down to a couple of days. I did have kitchen roll as emergency back up and a couple of those wet wipe things - but far from ideal putting them down your bog.

At the foodbank I help with, we got a load of surplus donations about 2 months later where people had clearly gone a bit mental previously.

I also survived 8 years (in 3 stints) in Lagos where shortages of everything imported where quite common. Having to do without marmite or heinx ketchup for a few weeks wasn't the hardest of hardships, but I quickly learned to throw a few jars in my luggage when returning from holiday :-)

It's semi common knowledge that you can survive for 3 days without water an 3 weeks without food. What is less well known from my own research is that you can last 6 weeks without pork pie, 6-8 weeks without a Cornish pastie, 8 weeks without gala pie, 3 months without coronation chicken, 4 months without irn bru and approximately 6 months without paxo
When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 15:11 - Sep 25 with 888 viewsEireannach_gorm

Just get your hands on this book and you will be grand.
https://brandnewretro.ie/2011/11/11/survival-in-a-nuclear-war-advice-from-irish-

.... and make sure you have your Iodine tablets.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/households-to-be-posted-iodine-tablets-from-toda
When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 16:18 - Sep 25 with 784 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I misunderstood until I read on beyond your first line.

I thought you meant you would then tuck into all the reserves you have hoarded every time there has been one of these panics.

We are really struggling to find space to store everything now we have gerry cans on top of the toilet rolls, pasta, bottled water, etc, etc.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 16:22 - Sep 25 with 771 viewsTractorWood

Panic buying petrol is one of the stupidest things a human can do. Having a car full of it and eeking it out proves you didn't need it in the first place and for high mileage people they will need to fill up again shortly.

I feel sorry for anyone who was actually really low on petrol and has a key infrastructure job. Obviously people topping up 3/4 of a tank so that they can drive 3 miles next week.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 16:29 - Sep 25 with 757 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm kind of the same, I will starve in my smugness. In fact, I tend to buy less of the items that are being panic purchased, it makes me feel superior in a weird way.

I did though break the habit of a lifetime by telling Lady Lucan to snap up a frozen turkey if she see's one.

Dealing with goods on a day to day basis I knew this was all going to happen months ago, I think I may have posted about it. I gave up boring people in the pub, they all thought I was a mad man.

Christmas - there will be nothing on the shelves, it's a blood bath out there!!!

Currently listening to The Floyd, it's all making even more sense now.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 16:41 - Sep 25 with 725 viewsJ2BLUE

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 16:29 - Sep 25 by Lord_Lucan

I'm kind of the same, I will starve in my smugness. In fact, I tend to buy less of the items that are being panic purchased, it makes me feel superior in a weird way.

I did though break the habit of a lifetime by telling Lady Lucan to snap up a frozen turkey if she see's one.

Dealing with goods on a day to day basis I knew this was all going to happen months ago, I think I may have posted about it. I gave up boring people in the pub, they all thought I was a mad man.

Christmas - there will be nothing on the shelves, it's a blood bath out there!!!

Currently listening to The Floyd, it's all making even more sense now.

When you say nothing, do you mean food or everything?

Truly impaired.

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 16:48 - Sep 25 with 699 viewsNthsuffolkblue

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 16:41 - Sep 25 by J2BLUE

When you say nothing, do you mean food or everything?

There will be plenty of pick your own sprouts.

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 16:49 - Sep 25 with 694 viewsJ2BLUE

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 16:48 - Sep 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

There will be plenty of pick your own sprouts.

I'm British. Not lowering myself to picking sprouts.

I believe that's how i'm supposed to react according to Harry.

Truly impaired.

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 16:52 - Sep 25 with 684 viewsBent_double

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 16:22 - Sep 25 by TractorWood

Panic buying petrol is one of the stupidest things a human can do. Having a car full of it and eeking it out proves you didn't need it in the first place and for high mileage people they will need to fill up again shortly.

I feel sorry for anyone who was actually really low on petrol and has a key infrastructure job. Obviously people topping up 3/4 of a tank so that they can drive 3 miles next week.

I'm supposed to be driving my son to start his RAF training next Tuesday - a 300 mile round trip - I'm in the red already, so only have about 10 miles left - I've just driven around 3 petrol stations in the area, all shut.

I'll have to try again tomorrow and Monday, but having so little in the tank in the first place makes it even more worrying.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 16:58 - Sep 25 with 654 viewsNthsuffolkblue

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 16:49 - Sep 25 by J2BLUE

I'm British. Not lowering myself to picking sprouts.

I believe that's how i'm supposed to react according to Harry.

Plus, of course, you will need the petrol to get to Lincolnshire to pick them. Could be a long bus journey cuddling them on the way back.

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 18:09 - Sep 25 with 590 viewsChurchman

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 12:36 - Sep 25 by bluelagos

With regard to kitchen roll, were you intending to cut it into bog roll sizes or were you going to go for the full sheet? Just curious.

I think the one food I like to keep a tidy supply of is baked beans. Less than 12 tins and I begin to panic. Branson’s are the best, combining tangyness with a little sharpness. Not too watery, which is something you can get with the cheaper beanage.

Other than that they only other must have is tea. Fortnums is the best, each bag in its own little sachet, but for your every day reviver, Yorkshire is my preference. Tea and baked beans are the two things I really miss when abroad. What an animal I am.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 18:10]
When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 18:45 - Sep 25 with 549 viewsTractorWood

When the apocalypse eventually comes.... on 16:52 - Sep 25 by Bent_double

I'm supposed to be driving my son to start his RAF training next Tuesday - a 300 mile round trip - I'm in the red already, so only have about 10 miles left - I've just driven around 3 petrol stations in the area, all shut.

I'll have to try again tomorrow and Monday, but having so little in the tank in the first place makes it even more worrying.

We drove up to Norfolk early this morning for a marathon. It was pretty calm until 7am. If you go to a big garage early, you should be fine.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024