Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely some of you here 10:46 - Sep 25 with 1294 viewschicoazul

Are the same people who are panic buying all the petrol. Tell us why you are doing this. Most of us are anon so worst ways someone here will say mean words to you.
Why did you panic buy all the petrol?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Surely some of you here on 10:48 - Sep 25 with 1267 viewsBlueBadger

I dunno about anyone else, but I bought petrol yesterday because I had a fuel light showing and needed to get to work for the next week....
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 10:49]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Surely some of you here on 10:56 - Sep 25 with 1224 viewsWD19

It was clearly all Ulla.

Norwich are currently bottom with no points.

Relegation may mean some financial challenges.

History would suggest a large quantity of petrol may be required.
Surely some of you here on 10:56 - Sep 25 with 1227 viewsGuthrum

I didn't (still have about a third of a tank), but there is a self-sustaining element to it.

Once the panic takes hold, then fuel genuinely becomes difficult to get hold of, long queues and supplies at the pump running out. Plenty of people need fuel on a frequent basis, those who have to travel daily for work or family reasons. They are then pretty much forced into joining the rush, because there starts to be a very real chance of them not being able to get what they need (we don't know how long it's going to take to restock the petrol stations).

So it turns into a mix of those panicking because of the chimera of shortage and those panicking because the shortage is becoming real and will adversely affect their lives.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Surely some of you here on 10:57 - Sep 25 with 1219 viewsdickie

I was driving through Lawford yesterday and wondered why I was queuing as I approached the roundabout to head down towards the railway line. There must have been 15 cars trying to get into the already full, ridiculously expensive petrol station, I couldn't believe it! If I run out of fuel and can't get any I can't go to work - seems a no brainer to me. People are idiotic sheep.
Surely some of you here on 10:58 - Sep 25 with 1217 viewschicoazul

Surely some of you here on 10:48 - Sep 25 by BlueBadger

I dunno about anyone else, but I bought petrol yesterday because I had a fuel light showing and needed to get to work for the next week....
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 10:49]

I’m talking specifically about the people who are panicking. The ones with Jerry cans, who still have half a tank left.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Surely some of you here on 11:04 - Sep 25 with 1175 viewsDarth_Koont

Surely some of you here on 10:56 - Sep 25 by Guthrum

I didn't (still have about a third of a tank), but there is a self-sustaining element to it.

Once the panic takes hold, then fuel genuinely becomes difficult to get hold of, long queues and supplies at the pump running out. Plenty of people need fuel on a frequent basis, those who have to travel daily for work or family reasons. They are then pretty much forced into joining the rush, because there starts to be a very real chance of them not being able to get what they need (we don't know how long it's going to take to restock the petrol stations).

So it turns into a mix of those panicking because of the chimera of shortage and those panicking because the shortage is becoming real and will adversely affect their lives.

Indeed. You have to blame the initial panic that set things in motion. The snowball effect is innocent snow further down getting caught up in it just through being in its path.

Pronouns: He/Him

Surely some of you here on 11:07 - Sep 25 with 1158 viewsblue62

Bloody crazy fools. Drove through Melton a little while ago and the Main Street is gridlocked with everyone needing petrol at the same time.
Surely some of you here on 11:08 - Sep 25 with 1144 viewsstrikalite

Surely some of you here on 11:04 - Sep 25 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. You have to blame the initial panic that set things in motion. The snowball effect is innocent snow further down getting caught up in it just through being in its path.

Put that down to the BBC who kept talking about a few BP stations had closed due to a supply issue, no doubt within a day they'd be back open again, but the panic that caused is for all to see now...
Login to get fewer ads

Surely some of you here on 11:10 - Sep 25 with 1132 viewschicoazul

Surely some of you here on 11:08 - Sep 25 by strikalite

Put that down to the BBC who kept talking about a few BP stations had closed due to a supply issue, no doubt within a day they'd be back open again, but the panic that caused is for all to see now...

People can literally choose not to panic buy. I’m interested in hearing from people who admit to doing it.

Surely some of you here on 11:12 - Sep 25 with 1121 viewsgtsb1966

After a busy couple of hours this morning in Sudbury all the petrol pumps are back to normal it seems. Seems all those morons queued for nothing yesterday
Surely some of you here on 11:16 - Sep 25 with 1105 viewsDarth_Koont

Surely some of you here on 11:08 - Sep 25 by strikalite

I wasn’t following any of it at the start so don’t know. But yeah, starting a panic is rarely a good idea. That goes for a lot of things not just potential fuel shortages. Also moral and social panic.

We should of course be panicking about real stuff a lot more, if only to shake us out of our indifference.

Pronouns: He/Him

Surely some of you here on 11:31 - Sep 25 with 1051 viewsGuthrum

Surely some of you here on 11:12 - Sep 25 by gtsb1966

After a busy couple of hours this morning in Sudbury all the petrol pumps are back to normal it seems. Seems all those morons queued for nothing yesterday

Eventually, all those who were panicking will have filled their cars (and any receptacles they have to hand), the pumps will have been restocked, those who were hanging on have got their fuel, the pumps restocked again and then there will be a considerable hiatus before the first lot have used all that they've stockpiled. At that point, things will be back to normal.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Surely some of you here on 11:32 - Sep 25 with 1047 viewsitfcjoe

I had 100 miles in tank and fuel light comes on at 90, and was in Colchester queuing to get out of Tesco car park as it is so thought may as well jump in and fill up as otherwise light would have been on by time I got home.

Was funny about lunch yeaterday, as some places had huge queues like the Tesco I was unfortunate enough to be in, but other places like the big one on Ipswich Road, or those on the A12 were not busy (busier than normal) whereas the supermarket ones were causing chaos

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Surely some of you here on 11:36 - Sep 25 with 1011 viewsPinewoodblue

Panick buying creates the situation people are worried about. Going forward what is likely to annoy me is the number of people who continually top up putting only a few litres in each time.

Seen just now a report that one supplier is limiting purchases to £30 max. Personally would be in favour of garages charging a minimum amount for cars and vans, but obviously not motorbikes, of say £20.

Backi in the days, when you could buy 4 gallons of petrol and get change from £1, the only time there was a queue was on budget day when it was announced an increase of 1d on a gallon from 5pm that evening.

I can do 750 miles on a full tank, more if I drive slower, so no concerns although driving down to Cornwall, via Bournemouth , in a couple of weeks.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Surely some of you here on 11:38 - Sep 25 with 999 viewsMullet

I’m the same as Badger I had no idea what was going on until I got off the m60. I needed to fill up anyway as I hadn’t since Lincoln and couldn’t believe it.

25min queues closing part of a dual carriageway for one pump. People irate there’s no diesel and a bloke doing a 17 point turn because he couldn’t put the hose across to his fuel cap it seems.

The one garage in 5 miles with more than one pump working was chocked. It’s ludicrous. Bloody tories.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Surely some of you here on 11:41 - Sep 25 with 979 viewsgtsb1966

Surely some of you here on 11:36 - Sep 25 by Pinewoodblue

Panick buying creates the situation people are worried about. Going forward what is likely to annoy me is the number of people who continually top up putting only a few litres in each time.

Seen just now a report that one supplier is limiting purchases to £30 max. Personally would be in favour of garages charging a minimum amount for cars and vans, but obviously not motorbikes, of say £20.

Backi in the days, when you could buy 4 gallons of petrol and get change from £1, the only time there was a queue was on budget day when it was announced an increase of 1d on a gallon from 5pm that evening.

I can do 750 miles on a full tank, more if I drive slower, so no concerns although driving down to Cornwall, via Bournemouth , in a couple of weeks.

Don't worry, in a couple of weeks we will have moved on from fuel and people will be buying newspapers again to wipe their @rses. Couldn't give a toss about a shortage of pasta though.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 11:42]
Surely some of you here on 11:58 - Sep 25 with 915 viewsbrogansnose

Loads of red diesel at work so I'll use that. I'll send a check for the tax to the revenue as I'd hate it for the government not to be able to afford building that new royal yacht.
Surely some of you here on 12:00 - Sep 25 with 894 viewsJ2BLUE

I have three bars out of eight. Haven't filled up but once people start panic buying it spreads like dominos falling. Some people genuinely need to ensure they can get to work. Other people see this and panic as well.

I work from home but i'm going out on Monday and if I go past a quiet petrol station I will unashamedly fill up the tank.

It's all well and good calling people morons etc but some people genuinely need to ensure they can travel for various reasons and it spreads like wildfire.

Warning there might be a shortage ensures there will be a shortage.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Surely some of you here on 12:14 - Sep 25 with 827 viewsLesta_Tractor

I filled up yesterday as I was on the red line and have a 100 mile round trip for hockey today and another 200 mile trip for a bike race on Sunday.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Surely some of you here on 12:15 - Sep 25 with 824 viewsFtnfwest

Almost empty yesterday and going to some footy match today (which is 70 miles away)
Surely some of you here on 12:19 - Sep 25 with 788 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Luckily I'm working from home. Got just under 1/2 a tank bit the ques past every station, insane.

If we all just buy fuel as we normally would there wouldn't be a shortage.

Less than 100 stations nationwide were closed....

This country at time has the collective mentality as a heed of cows

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Surely some of you here on 12:43 - Sep 25 with 692 viewsronnyd

Surely some of you here on 12:19 - Sep 25 by BlueandTruesince82

Luckily I'm working from home. Got just under 1/2 a tank bit the ques past every station, insane.

If we all just buy fuel as we normally would there wouldn't be a shortage.

Less than 100 stations nationwide were closed....

This country at time has the collective mentality as a heed of cows

I take heed of cows too, when i walk across their pasture. You never know!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024