Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial 17:04 - Sep 25 with 1672 viewspatrickswell

reign will be put out of its misery.

Fckn abysmal.
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:07 - Sep 25 with 1332 viewsSkip_Intro

need a cuddle hun?
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:10 - Sep 25 with 1275 viewsN2_Blue

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:07 - Sep 25 by Skip_Intro

need a cuddle hun?

Well he’s not really wrong is he?

It has been abysmal. Look at the league table.

I backed Cook, but it’s been a shambolic reign and shows no sign of improving. The Americans have got to be getting twitchy 7 home games without a win.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:10 - Sep 25 with 1273 viewspatrickswell

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:07 - Sep 25 by Skip_Intro

need a cuddle hun?

I’ve had a stinking head cold since Wednesday, so yes please.
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:15 - Sep 25 with 1198 viewsSkip_Intro

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:10 - Sep 25 by N2_Blue

I backed Cook, but it’s been a shambolic reign and shows no sign of improving. The Americans have got to be getting twitchy 7 home games without a win.

It's an overreaction. If we'd taken our chances we'd have scored 3 or 4 goals today. Agree we weren't great but we created chances and would have created more if our players had made better decisions.
No need for bedwetting just yet - we could easily have won today playing poorly...
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:18 - Sep 25 with 1168 viewsN2_Blue

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:15 - Sep 25 by Skip_Intro

It's an overreaction. If we'd taken our chances we'd have scored 3 or 4 goals today. Agree we weren't great but we created chances and would have created more if our players had made better decisions.
No need for bedwetting just yet - we could easily have won today playing poorly...

Hahahahaha

We’d have scored 3 or 4 gaols? I think you were watching a different game. It certainly wasn’t Ipswich at Portman road today.

That is genuinely hilarious. You must be one of the most optimistic fans ever if you truly think we should have scored 4 today.

Feck I’m still laughing

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:18 - Sep 25 with 1162 viewsDarth_Koont

4 points from 2 games is promotion form.

Pronouns: He/Him

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:20 - Sep 25 with 1128 viewschrismakin

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:18 - Sep 25 by N2_Blue

Hahahahaha

We’d have scored 3 or 4 gaols? I think you were watching a different game. It certainly wasn’t Ipswich at Portman road today.

That is genuinely hilarious. You must be one of the most optimistic fans ever if you truly think we should have scored 4 today.

Feck I’m still laughing

eh?

1 chalked off for offside
5 shots on target... and poorly finished

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:21 - Sep 25 with 1126 viewstomo

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:18 - Sep 25 by N2_Blue

Hahahahaha

Feck I’m still laughing

Bonne one on one (x2)
Harper’s shot when he should have passed.

I make him right
Login to get fewer ads

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:22 - Sep 25 with 1100 viewsSkip_Intro

Hahahahaha

Feck I’m still laughing

Simple things please simple minds.
Bonne had two 1 on 1s with the keeper which he should have scored. If Harper squared the ball in stoppage time we win 2-1. That's 3 examples off the top of my head...what part of that don't you understand?
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:23 - Sep 25 with 1082 viewsRyorry

Hahahahaha

Feck I’m still laughing

We had 10 shots, of which 5 on target (as opposed to the Owls 6 & 2), so not as unlikely as you think -

Match Stats

Home TeamIpswichAway TeamSheff Wed
Possession
Home54%Away46%
Shots
Home10Away6
Shots on Target
Home5Away2
Corners
Home4Away5
Fouls
Home8Away10

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:23 - Sep 25 with 1082 viewsJDB23

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:10 - Sep 25 by N2_Blue

I thought that was actually the best I've seen us play this season in terms of looking more like a team, so yes for me based on the last 2 games we are improving. Wednesday were there for the taking and really with a bit more individual quality we should have put them away. Our problem is that we have given such a gap to the top now that any time we don't win (especially when we should have) its a big big blow.
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:24 - Sep 25 with 1077 viewsN2_Blue

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:21 - Sep 25 by tomo

Bonne one on one (x2)
Harper’s shot when he should have passed.

I make him right

What team scores 100% of chances, that’s not how football works!

We need to be creating 10 good chances a game to be wining games by scoring 3 or more goals.

We did got more than we deserved from that game. We look a poor side at the moment despite the playing personnel.

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:24 - Sep 25 with 1070 viewsquirkie

Anyone who thinks we are going to put in a challenge for promotion this year is in cloud cuckoo land.

Things will improve and I'll stick with my initial prediction, we'll finish 8th this year. Pure fantasy to think we'll do better than that.

Cook will stay and be here at the start of Aug 2022 I have no doubt and maybe we'll put in a decent challenge next season.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:26 - Sep 25 with 1041 viewspatrickswell

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:15 - Sep 25 by Skip_Intro

But they didn’t score them and they don’t score them because they’re mentally weak and they’re led by someone who has a coaching staff that are on work experience and a manager who has admitted that we’re a soft touch and that he’s failed to instill a winning mentality. It’s damning of both the manager and the players.
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:27 - Sep 25 with 1026 viewsRyorry

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:24 - Sep 25 by N2_Blue

We need to be creating 10 good chances a game to be wining games by scoring 3 or more goals.

We did got more than we deserved from that game. We look a poor side at the moment despite the playing personnel.

I just put the stats up showing that we had 10 shots, of which 6 on target (dunno if those 6 were good or not, as I wasn't watching)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:27 - Sep 25 with 1022 viewspatrickswell

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:24 - Sep 25 by quirkie

Anyone who thinks we are going to put in a challenge for promotion this year is in cloud cuckoo land.

Things will improve and I'll stick with my initial prediction, we'll finish 8th this year. Pure fantasy to think we'll do better than that.

Cook will stay and be here at the start of Aug 2022 I have no doubt and maybe we'll put in a decent challenge next season.

For League 2?
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:28 - Sep 25 with 1017 viewsSkip_Intro

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:24 - Sep 25 by N2_Blue

I'm not sure you understand how football works to be fair.
I didn't say we should have scored every chance - I was saying that we created a number of good chances and could easily have converted some of them on another day. They didn't create as many but scored a decent goal.
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:29 - Sep 25 with 991 viewsSkip_Intro

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:26 - Sep 25 by patrickswell

But they didn’t score them and they don’t score them because they’re mentally weak and they’re led by someone who has a coaching staff that are on work experience and a manager who has admitted that we’re a soft touch and that he’s failed to instill a winning mentality. It’s damning of both the manager and the players.

Hahaha. Thanks for your insight into the mindset of our players - I'm guessing you're closely connected to someone in or around the first team to be able to give such meaningful insight...
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:36 - Sep 25 with 940 viewsGiant_Midget

And if we beat them, it'll be 7 points from Lincoln, Wednesday and Donny. I don't think there is a set of fans in the league that wouldn't be happy with that.
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:36 - Sep 25 with 940 viewspatrickswell

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:29 - Sep 25 by Skip_Intro

Hahaha. Thanks for your insight into the mindset of our players - I'm guessing you're closely connected to someone in or around the first team to be able to give such meaningful insight...

Look at the results, Skip. Look at Fraser’s bodged penalty at Burton, look at Bonne’s miss at Cheltenham, look at all those instances of us scoring a goal only to concede one quickly afterwards...
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:36 - Sep 25 with 940 viewsSouthBucksBlue

“Agree we weren't great but we created chances and would have created more if our players had made better decisions.”
Haha!
My aunt would be my uncle if she had a dick! (actually that’s not necessarily true these days).
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:39 - Sep 25 with 905 viewsSkip_Intro

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:36 - Sep 25 by patrickswell

Look at the results, Skip. Look at Fraser’s bodged penalty at Burton, look at Bonne’s miss at Cheltenham, look at all those instances of us scoring a goal only to concede one quickly afterwards...

if Bonne was as weak as you're suggesting he wouldn't have responded by scoring a cracking goal the next game and consistently scoring since.
Fraser missed a penalty...it happens.
If that's your logic then I'm afraid you need to try harder...
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:40 - Sep 25 with 900 viewspatrickswell

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:36 - Sep 25 by Giant_Midget

And if we beat them, it'll be 7 points from Lincoln, Wednesday and Donny. I don't think there is a set of fans in the league that wouldn't be happy with that.

It’s a pressure game, at home, which we will be favourites to win. Based on how this squad has handled expectation so far, lump on another 2-2 draw.
When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:43 - Sep 25 with 860 viewsN2_Blue

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:36 - Sep 25 by SouthBucksBlue

“Agree we weren't great but we created chances and would have created more if our players had made better decisions.”
Haha!
My aunt would be my uncle if she had a dick! (actually that’s not necessarily true these days).

exactly, saying we'd have made more chances if we'd made better decisions is just so pointless.

We'd have won if only we'd scored another goal. It's meaningless because we didn't

And maybe i'm watching a different game to others but I just think we look tepid, hesitant, ponderous and slow. And frustrating about that is not how cook said he wants us to play...but be attack minded and positive on the ball. I don't see that so it seems he is struggling to get this group of players he brought in to play the way he wants. That is worrying

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:43 - Sep 25 with 859 viewspatrickswell

When we fail to beat Doncaster on Tuesday, hopefully this dog of a managerial on 17:39 - Sep 25 by Skip_Intro

if Bonne was as weak as you're suggesting he wouldn't have responded by scoring a cracking goal the next game and consistently scoring since.
Fraser missed a penalty...it happens.
If that's your logic then I'm afraid you need to try harder...

Fraser and Bonne cost us points in those games. Credit to Bonne who has done his job since and who was switched on at the end today, but we’re at least 2 points worse off because of what they failed to do there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024