Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent 18:26 - Sep 25 with 1388 viewsCopfordBlue

I thought we were dreadful and robbed them of a point. Plenty of others moaning about us around me but others thought we were good, improving and deserved the win

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:27 - Sep 25 with 1374 viewsthebooks

If anybody thinks that was a good performance they are deluding themselves. It was like every other game this season.
Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:33 - Sep 25 with 1298 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Excellent first 25 minutes, poor until about 70th minute and then only one team was gonna score.
Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:33 - Sep 25 with 1298 viewsJDB23

Yeah it’s a strange one. I thought Wednesday were barely in the game, scored from 1 long range effort then sat back and done nothing. Felt like we controlled most of the game without creating too many clear cut chances. Carroll was an upgrade on Evans and think he will be a good partner for Morsy. Penney did well up until about 75 mins, Donacien gave a typical Donacien performance. CBs looked like they are slowly forming a partnership although almost a couple howlers given away again. Biggest thing for me is still not getting the 3 behind the striker involved enough.

We really should be winning 2/3-0 on Tuesday and if we do that then we are heading in the right direction. If we don’t then it’s a big worry.
Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:34 - Sep 25 with 1287 viewsITFCBlues

Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:27 - Sep 25 by thebooks

If anybody thinks that was a good performance they are deluding themselves. It was like every other game this season.

Wasn't a great performance yet we've created 3 or 4 very good chances whilst limiting them to pretty much nothing.

Point was the least we deserved.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:34 - Sep 25 with 1286 viewsclive_baker

I wouldn’t say it was a good performance, but to say we robbed them a point just isn’t true. In the same respect had Lincoln equalised last week it wouldn’t have been robbing us of a point (or 2).
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 18:35]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:35 - Sep 25 with 1262 viewsthebooks

Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:34 - Sep 25 by ITFCBlues

Wasn't a great performance yet we've created 3 or 4 very good chances whilst limiting them to pretty much nothing.

Point was the least we deserved.

Yeah, a point seemed right to me 🤷🏻‍♂️ Shows how much us fans are scrabbling round for any sign of improvement at the moment — that was very average.
Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:36 - Sep 25 with 1259 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:27 - Sep 25 by thebooks

I call it as I see it… I thought we played well for a decent amount of the game and a loss would’ve been massively unjust. A draw was fair.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:38 - Sep 25 with 1212 viewsthebooks

Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:36 - Sep 25 by The_Romford_Blue

I call it as I see it… I thought we played well for a decent amount of the game and a loss would’ve been massively unjust. A draw was fair.

Fair enough. I agree anyway — a draw was about right. It was an average performance, though. If we’re happy with that then I really am concerned. We’re 12 points off the top two already.
Login to get fewer ads

Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:41 - Sep 25 with 1185 viewsRegencyBlue

It wasn’t brilliant but it wasn’t dreadful either!
Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:44 - Sep 25 with 1161 viewschrismakin

Personally, I think alot of fans struggle to watch town without thinking of the old times and why we don't thrash sides or control matters for 90 minutes. Overall there's a failure to respect the opposition and remember we are league 1, regardless of who we have signed, which apart from a few are all league 1 players.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:48 - Sep 25 with 1133 viewsSamWhiteUK

IMO, we matched/perhaps bettered them until they scored. We did a little better as half time approached, and in the second half I didn't really fear them scoring again, but I also wasn't confident that we'd get one. Neither team particularly good - I think they had the better of us generally, but our good moments were better than their good moments.
Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:55 - Sep 25 with 1091 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 18:44 - Sep 25 by chrismakin

Personally, I think alot of fans struggle to watch town without thinking of the old times and why we don't thrash sides or control matters for 90 minutes. Overall there's a failure to respect the opposition and remember we are league 1, regardless of who we have signed, which apart from a few are all league 1 players.

To be fair I don't think most posters remember those times!!

As Cook himself said, we have the strongest squad in the league.

We do need to be aiming for improvement, it's not a lot to ask.

We shouldn't be satisfied until we are in the play off places.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 20:48 - Sep 25 with 863 viewsN2_Blue

We weren't dreadful but we were poor and lucky to get a point, and i don't think we created as much as people are making out. Only the Bonne one on one was a clear chance i feel, a couple of half hearted shots and a disallowed goal aren't really a hatful of chance.

The only goal we could score was through a brainfade on the Wednesday keeper part

I don't see any real improvement and today saw us drop 12 points off the top 2 from only 8 games. The season is almost over before it has really started.

Even playoffs will be an effort now based on how we are playing.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 20:57 - Sep 25 with 832 viewsjas0999

… but we didn’t win.

Seven at home this season. No wins. That can divide opinion. Personally, results not good enough.
Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 20:57 - Sep 25 with 830 viewsRonFearonsHair

Completely disagree.

We robbed them of two points.
Can’t remember a performance dividing opinion to this extent on 21:20 - Sep 25 with 763 viewsKeaneish

Robbed them of a point? How so? Wednesday looked good in their own half but we have them nothing up front and they created nothing all game. The did not deserve to win by any stretch.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024