Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick mills on the wireless 23:47 - Sep 25 with 1674 viewsleftback

I usually enjoy his post match comments but after today’s game he just talked complete gibberish, we all have differing opinions which makes talking about football so great but his comments about the defence being no better today than against Bolton combined with saying we only kept a clean sheet at Lincoln because we had 4 CBs on the pitch were just deluded. Also he wasn’t willing to accept Cook had said we deserved to win when he literally had just said it, left me questioning if age is catching up with him
Mick mills on the wireless on 08:42 - Sep 26 with 1358 viewsRegencyBlue

He was very odd with his summing up yesterday.

Our performance may not have been brilliant but it was certainly better than against Bolton!
Mick mills on the wireless on 09:05 - Sep 26 with 1285 viewshomer_123

Mick mills on the wireless on 08:42 - Sep 26 by RegencyBlue

He was very odd with his summing up yesterday.

Our performance may not have been brilliant but it was certainly better than against Bolton!

His basic point was right though. A goal in the dying seconds to grab a draw at home masks the same issues we've seen since Cook joined.

Wasn't a bad performance but however you look at it...we could easily have lost that.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Mick mills on the wireless on 09:43 - Sep 26 with 1174 viewsDowson

Agree, it’s been a lot like that this season…Alot of his views just don’t translate to the modern game, especially when it come to resting players and the formation.

The best part about the Lincoln comment was he didnt even see the game, he based it on “things i’ve read, like when i looked at the teamsheet”
Mick mills on the wireless on 09:57 - Sep 26 with 1135 viewsBluedandy

Mick Mills is a club legend and despite possessing the vocal prowess of Nigel Mansell is often analytically spot on post match.

But yesterday he had a shocker, the defence was clearly a lot more solid. Bar the goal, Wednesday created zilch.

Yesterday's performance was a curate's egg but in terms of Town chances we could and probably should have won.
Mick mills on the wireless on 10:06 - Sep 26 with 1108 viewsKieran_Knows

Mick mills on the wireless on 09:05 - Sep 26 by homer_123

His basic point was right though. A goal in the dying seconds to grab a draw at home masks the same issues we've seen since Cook joined.

Wasn't a bad performance but however you look at it...we could easily have lost that.

That’s tosh.

Bonnes early chance, Bonnes chance in the 2nd half (great block by the defender in the end), Harper now playing Bonne in at the end and Burgess’ header are 4 chances I can think off the top of my head. I thought Wednesday were very basic, and hardly troubled Hladky - other than a very well taken goal which he (or any keeper we have) wouldn’t have saved.

Still though, people love us drawing and losing so it keeps up their points about Cook, hey?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mick mills on the wireless on 10:09 - Sep 26 with 1093 viewsbritbiker

It was ok yesterday and I always thought we had enough to get back into it.
He was right about the defenders not overlapping though. Had several opportunities towards the end to take advantage of thier left back which we wasted.
Mick mills on the wireless on 10:45 - Sep 26 with 1022 viewshomer_123

Mick mills on the wireless on 10:06 - Sep 26 by Kieran_Knows

That’s tosh.

Bonnes early chance, Bonnes chance in the 2nd half (great block by the defender in the end), Harper now playing Bonne in at the end and Burgess’ header are 4 chances I can think off the top of my head. I thought Wednesday were very basic, and hardly troubled Hladky - other than a very well taken goal which he (or any keeper we have) wouldn’t have saved.

Still though, people love us drawing and losing so it keeps up their points about Cook, hey?

I'd rather like to see us win and I'd be delighted if Cook took us up.

Yes...we created. We didn't convert and we, again just played in patches and kinda run out of ideas at the end. I'll also counter those chances with the poor headed clearance that lead to their goal and point out that Wednesday didn't punish us for gifting them the ball twice if not three times while we messed about at the back.

Micks point is right.

Mick mills on the wireless on 10:47 - Sep 26 with 1011 viewsKieran_Knows

Mick mills on the wireless on 10:45 - Sep 26 by homer_123

I'd rather like to see us win and I'd be delighted if Cook took us up.

Yes...we created. We didn't convert and we, again just played in patches and kinda run out of ideas at the end. I'll also counter those chances with the poor headed clearance that lead to their goal and point out that Wednesday didn't punish us for gifting them the ball twice if not three times while we messed about at the back.

Micks point is right.

We can’t do anything about poor finishing though, can we? And we can’t really slate Bonne as he’s scored plenty already.

Don’t get me wrong, we didn’t control the game as such, but we had plenty of chances to win against a relatively basic side in Wednesday.

Problem is, we played well, should’ve won and yet here we are saying last weekend was a freak result. It’s utter madness.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Mick mills on the wireless on 10:53 - Sep 26 with 988 viewshomer_123

Mick mills on the wireless on 10:47 - Sep 26 by Kieran_Knows

We can’t do anything about poor finishing though, can we? And we can’t really slate Bonne as he’s scored plenty already.

Don’t get me wrong, we didn’t control the game as such, but we had plenty of chances to win against a relatively basic side in Wednesday.

Problem is, we played well, should’ve won and yet here we are saying last weekend was a freak result. It’s utter madness.

It's more of the same though. First 20 mins we looked good and should have been leading. Kinda gifted then a chance to score which they took.

They were average yet we drew at home and in the end were fortuitous to do so thanks to Bonne.

It's not a marked improvement performance wise. It was OK.

Mick mills on the wireless on 10:55 - Sep 26 with 978 viewschrismakin

Like I said last night. Mm is one of the older generation who can't let go of the past.

Absolutely lost it when Sheffield wed scored. Before that he was really impressed and happy with how we were playing.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Mick mills on the wireless on 11:25 - Sep 26 with 907 viewschrismakin

Mick mills on the wireless on 10:53 - Sep 26 by homer_123

It's more of the same though. First 20 mins we looked good and should have been leading. Kinda gifted then a chance to score which they took.

They were average yet we drew at home and in the end were fortuitous to do so thanks to Bonne.

It's not a marked improvement performance wise. It was OK.

Its 2 games only 1 goal conceded. That's a vast improvement.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Mick mills on the wireless on 12:36 - Sep 26 with 804 viewsandytown

Agree. When MM disagrees that PC said we deserved to win when it was clear that he said exactly that, it makes you wonder.
Mick mills on the wireless on 12:42 - Sep 26 with 788 viewsSwansea_Blue

I didn’t think we looked anywhere near assured defensively, so he has a point. The CBs especially were an accident waiting to happen and the scoreline reflected Wednesday’s ineptitude as much as our organisation. Imo.

Funny game. Neither team were great, but we could have won that comfortably with the good chances we had despite being very lucky to be gifted a point.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024