Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point as a non panic buyer.. 14:42 - Sep 26 with 1597 viewsbazza

Do you start panic buying… it’s looking like there wont be any fuel about at this rate, and I’m starting to panic 😂..
At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 14:47 - Sep 26 with 1553 viewsJ2BLUE

If you need some, get some.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 14:52 - Sep 26 with 1526 viewsbazza

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 14:47 - Sep 26 by J2BLUE

Sound bit of advice.. I’m ok for a day or two.. I think I will keep an eye out on my travels for a quiet forecourt.. then fill up the tank and 20 petrol cans.
At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 15:02 - Sep 26 with 1475 viewsSarge

Never or you become the problem. Get some when you need some and get what you need, not more. I went last night for the first time in a while and waited just 5/10 mins. It’s not as big a problem as it’s being made out to be. The d1ckheads that caused this have full tanks now and likely won’t use them.
At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 15:08 - Sep 26 with 1440 viewsbazza

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 15:02 - Sep 26 by Sarge

Never or you become the problem. Get some when you need some and get what you need, not more. I went last night for the first time in a while and waited just 5/10 mins. It’s not as big a problem as it’s being made out to be. The d1ckheads that caused this have full tanks now and likely won’t use them.

Yea I was kind of hoping I could just fill up Monday or Tuesday when the hysteria had settled down..and all The loons had full tanks .. and water bottles.
At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 15:15 - Sep 26 with 1426 viewsbluelagos

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 15:08 - Sep 26 by bazza

Yea I was kind of hoping I could just fill up Monday or Tuesday when the hysteria had settled down..and all The loons had full tanks .. and water bottles.

Is defo already getting better where I am. Garage I pass frequently in Lawford had no queues (off the forecourt) today for the first time since Friday.

Of those who filled up when not needing too, they'll not be filling up again for a while so am sure it will be sorted in a few more days.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 15:19 - Sep 26 with 1411 viewsMerseyBlue

It depends where you live - I desperately need to fill up before Wednesday as I have a big week of driving ahead. I have been in queues for half an hour the last couple of nights before being told that the station has now ran out of fuel. I got up very early this morning to try again but no luck anywhere. I can't really justify trying again until I know I can get some as I am running that low. Hopefully the problem resolves itself Monday or Tuesday or I'm going nowhere.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 15:28 - Sep 26 with 1382 viewsSwansea_Blue

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 14:47 - Sep 26 by J2BLUE

That's not as easy as it sounds now. I had to get some today and drove past 6 or 7 garages before I found one open. Probably used up a gallon just looking.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 15:33 - Sep 26 with 1367 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Before the match yesterday the A12 Woodbridge garages seemed to have fuel and no queues but I wasn't in my van. Does anybody know how they are today and if they have diesel as I can't afford to get down there (in terms of fuel) if it is a wasted journey.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 15:53 - Sep 26 with 1298 viewsBent_double

Finally managed to get some myself today, cycled to 3 garages - all shut - got to the 4th and saw a queue of cars, so quickly cycled back home and got the car and joined the queue.

Managed to get 20 litres which will at least get me to where I need to be Tuesday, just need to get some for the return journey, via Ipswich to watch the game, hopefully.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 15:59 - Sep 26 with 1277 viewsNthsuffolkblue

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 15:53 - Sep 26 by Bent_double

Finally managed to get some myself today, cycled to 3 garages - all shut - got to the 4th and saw a queue of cars, so quickly cycled back home and got the car and joined the queue.

Managed to get 20 litres which will at least get me to where I need to be Tuesday, just need to get some for the return journey, via Ipswich to watch the game, hopefully.

Glad you got what you needed. Hope you at least get to within Suffolk coverage on your way back and enjoy listening to the match on it. I am not sure if AA membership covers running out of fuel.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 19:27 - Sep 26 with 1044 viewsclive_baker

Quite. There’s enough fuel to go round, all hysteria does is pull forward demand into a very short period, creating an issue that need not exist. Like when we’re told not to panic buy food in lockdown, and it was estimated that there was £1bn of additional consumer goods products in people’s cupboards more than there usually would be. How many of the 30m cars on U.K. roads now have fuller tanks than they normally would have? A lot I would wager.

If people continue buying fuel as they normally would, we’ll be fine. Agree about the extent of the issue too, I know it varies depending on where you are but from joining the queue (I genuinely needed fuel, I had 20 miles left in the tank) to paying at the checkout it took me 15 minutes on Friday evening. I waited longer for my Fish & Chips an hour later.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 20:12 - Sep 26 with 968 viewsMJallday

Went from Oxford to Swindon to Gloucester to Ross to Hereford today

Not a single station on my route had fuel

Ffs

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 20:21 - Sep 26 with 925 viewsbazza

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 20:12 - Sep 26 by MJallday

Went from Oxford to Swindon to Gloucester to Ross to Hereford today

Not a single station on my route had fuel

Ffs

Wow that’s Ridiculous, hoping I can find a place to fill up on my travels, if I fill up Tuesday, it will last me all week.
At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 21:57 - Sep 26 with 775 viewsPlums

At what point as a non panic buyer.. on 15:59 - Sep 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Glad you got what you needed. Hope you at least get to within Suffolk coverage on your way back and enjoy listening to the match on it. I am not sure if AA membership covers running out of fuel.

I live in Nottignham, have a meeting in Warwickshire on Tuesday morning and then a ticket for FPR before driving home. Pretty sure I have enough in the tank but hoping the idiots have all filled up by then and some sort of normality has returned.
Will take my laptop with me in case I don’t get home and have to work from the car on Weds!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024