Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? 15:30 - Sep 26 with 1210 viewsWeWereZombies

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 15:31 - Sep 26 with 1201 viewsSuperblue95

Collin Quaner

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 15:37 - Sep 26 with 1183 viewsWeWereZombies

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 15:31 - Sep 26 by Superblue95

Collin Quaner

Well at least you didn't suggest Henning Wehn...

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 15:55 - Sep 26 with 1156 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

No Agnes Bertha Marshall option?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:00 - Sep 26 with 1145 viewsWeWereZombies

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 15:55 - Sep 26 by You_Bloo_Right

No Agnes Bertha Marshall option?

I believe the Merkel Plan will soon be history...

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:00 - Sep 26 with 1142 viewsSwansea_Blue

Klopp, for the entertaining pressers

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:05 - Sep 26 with 1132 viewspistonbroke

Who cares
Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:15 - Sep 26 with 1111 viewsWeWereZombies

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:05 - Sep 26 by pistonbroke

Who cares

The Road Hauliers Association?

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:18 - Sep 26 with 1108 viewspistonbroke

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:15 - Sep 26 by WeWereZombies

The Road Hauliers Association?

Why
Login to get fewer ads

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:19 - Sep 26 with 1103 viewsVic

Why isn’t Gordon Brown on this list? He was good back in the day.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:22 - Sep 26 with 1095 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Who on the list is prepared to wear lederhosen on all public appearances.

They would get my vote (if i was German).

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:28 - Sep 26 with 1086 viewsWeWereZombies

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:18 - Sep 26 by pistonbroke

Why

Seriously?

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:30 - Sep 26 with 1085 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:05 - Sep 26 by pistonbroke

Who cares

A very sad comment.

I do not take sufficient interest in foreign politics to know anything about this but the idea that who is in charge in Germany does not have a significant impact on us as a country is very insular, blinkered and naïve. To be fair it is also fitting with your level of political engagement.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:35 - Sep 26 with 1077 viewspistonbroke

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:30 - Sep 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

A very sad comment.

I do not take sufficient interest in foreign politics to know anything about this but the idea that who is in charge in Germany does not have a significant impact on us as a country is very insular, blinkered and naïve. To be fair it is also fitting with your level of political engagement.

Political engagement lol I’ve been on this earth long enough to know that whoever is in power you will moan about , you can’t change nothing by political engagement , maybe you think different , ok my political engagement is this , if you’re working class you dont vote Tory , who cares about Germany , we are out the eu , get over it
Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:38 - Sep 26 with 1062 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:35 - Sep 26 by pistonbroke

Political engagement lol I’ve been on this earth long enough to know that whoever is in power you will moan about , you can’t change nothing by political engagement , maybe you think different , ok my political engagement is this , if you’re working class you dont vote Tory , who cares about Germany , we are out the eu , get over it

You didn't really HAVE to reply simply to reinforce my point!

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:40 - Sep 26 with 1059 viewsWeWereZombies

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:35 - Sep 26 by pistonbroke

And yet we are very much influenced by what happens in the European Union. Merkel has maintained a cordial view towards the United Kingdom, perhaps even has some sympathy with the view that some elements within the European project are becoming too federalist. If a more federalist Chancellor emerges from today's election then we could see ourselves become more isolated than we already are and face even bigger problems than we are currently facing.

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:44 - Sep 26 with 1054 viewspistonbroke

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:38 - Sep 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

You didn't really HAVE to reply simply to reinforce my point!

Ok I’ll bow down to your self opinionated superior knowledge , what has Germany got to do with us , what has Germany got to do with the haulage problems as suggested by another poster
Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:50 - Sep 26 with 1045 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:44 - Sep 26 by pistonbroke

Ok I’ll bow down to your self opinionated superior knowledge , what has Germany got to do with us , what has Germany got to do with the haulage problems as suggested by another poster

Not in the mood to explain politics to you.

I understand your simplistic view that we will always moan whatever our lot but your idea that it makes no difference is striking.

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:50 - Sep 26 with 1044 viewsWeWereZombies

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:44 - Sep 26 by pistonbroke

The direction Germany takes has a bearing upon the direction the European Union takes. Like it or not a great deal of what we import will continue to come from Europe - as will a temporary or permanent supply of lorry drivers to fill the current shortage And we will be competing with Germany to attract Eastern European drivers.

Oh well, if there is no turkey for Christmas dinner at least we will be able to get some Stollen cake from Lidl to maintain the festive spirit.

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 17:05 - Sep 26 with 1023 viewspistonbroke

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 16:50 - Sep 26 by WeWereZombies

The direction Germany takes has a bearing upon the direction the European Union takes. Like it or not a great deal of what we import will continue to come from Europe - as will a temporary or permanent supply of lorry drivers to fill the current shortage And we will be competing with Germany to attract Eastern European drivers.

Oh well, if there is no turkey for Christmas dinner at least we will be able to get some Stollen cake from Lidl to maintain the festive spirit.

Considering Germany have a lack of lorry drivers I really doubt we will be getting any from there , I work in logistics , the problem is for years the road haulage industry has had a influx of cheap foreign labour , greedy corporations paying minimum wage to maximise profits , now the worm has turned , the minimum wage was a poor thing to bring in , all it done was give the corporations a bench mark of the minimum they could pay , basically it is 21st century slavery , the place I work are just as guilty , now they are struggling to employ people , it’s not just lorry drivers , forklift drivers as well , people need to realise that it’s not just the road haulage that is struggling , it’s years and years of cheap labour
Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 17:10 - Sep 26 with 1012 viewsWeWereZombies

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 17:05 - Sep 26 by pistonbroke

Considering Germany have a lack of lorry drivers I really doubt we will be getting any from there , I work in logistics , the problem is for years the road haulage industry has had a influx of cheap foreign labour , greedy corporations paying minimum wage to maximise profits , now the worm has turned , the minimum wage was a poor thing to bring in , all it done was give the corporations a bench mark of the minimum they could pay , basically it is 21st century slavery , the place I work are just as guilty , now they are struggling to employ people , it’s not just lorry drivers , forklift drivers as well , people need to realise that it’s not just the road haulage that is struggling , it’s years and years of cheap labour

Fair points but you have reinforced mine about competing with Germany for drivers. If an incoming Chancellor sees an opportunity to address a long standing supply chain problem that her/his nation has faced it may be an easy public relations victory to legislate in a manner that puts the United Kingdom at a disadvantage that was not possible when we were in the Single Market.

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 17:44 - Sep 26 with 981 viewspistonbroke

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 17:10 - Sep 26 by WeWereZombies

Fair points but you have reinforced mine about competing with Germany for drivers. If an incoming Chancellor sees an opportunity to address a long standing supply chain problem that her/his nation has faced it may be an easy public relations victory to legislate in a manner that puts the United Kingdom at a disadvantage that was not possible when we were in the Single Market.

Pay the drivers a decent wage they will come here
Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 18:43 - Sep 26 with 940 viewsTractorWood

No idea but knowing the German electoral system it will be an obscure 3-person job share.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 19:02 - Sep 26 with 922 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 17:44 - Sep 26 by pistonbroke

Perhaps if lorry drivers, fork lift drivers and others in manual work,I include myself in this by the way, weren’t always looked down on as unskilled, it might just encourage more younger people to take up these vocations, and yes, pay them better too.

Onto the German election, we should be at least be aware of what’s going to be the outcome. I believe the Greens will possibly be a player in the forthcoming government judging by what I’ve been reading, although we all know that media and other outlets often are way out. Will be interesting to see how things pan out.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 19:31 - Sep 26 with 903 viewsGuthrum

Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany? on 17:44 - Sep 26 by pistonbroke

Had an interesting conversation about this today.

It's not so much a matter of wages, as the cost of qualifying as a lorry driver. In the UK it costs about £3k for each level, of which there are several up to being allowed to carry hazardous materials (including fuel tanker drivers). Haulage firms have for years preferred - understandably - to hire already qualified drivers rather than paying out to train new ones. Not something many people can afford to pay for themselves.

So we have simply run out of drivers as the qualified ones age, retire and have not been replaced.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024