Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat 20:26 - Sep 26 with 5261 viewsjasondozzell

We are lucky to have them!
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 22:33 - Sep 26 with 2841 viewsBLUEBEAT

Agreed but would be way better if they were based in a different location.

My works colleague was in with the Sheffield on Saturday and he couldn’t really see/hear them at all. In fact, he said the loudest things they heard were the high pitched screeches from the family section opposite

Poll: W or W

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 07:54 - Sep 27 with 2639 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 22:33 - Sep 26 by BLUEBEAT

My works colleague was in with the Sheffield on Saturday and he couldn’t really see/hear them at all. In fact, he said the loudest things they heard were the high pitched screeches from the family section opposite

Agreed. Completely wasted where they are.
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 08:11 - Sep 27 with 2607 viewsBluespeed225

I could see it from whee I am, block 4. Any pics? As said, it is hard to see and hear them even from along the same stand.
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 09:07 - Sep 27 with 2537 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I thought it was great, shame a few on twitter had to have a sly pop at it.
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 09:44 - Sep 27 with 2463 viewsTractorCam

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 07:54 - Sep 27 by BlueBlueBluex2

It's the away end that needs moving to the other side.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 09:49 - Sep 27 with 2450 viewslongtimefan

Given the derogatory chant by the SW fans when the banner was raised it obviously wasn’t obscured to most of them!
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 09:51 - Sep 27 with 2435 viewsEpiphone

From the angle I viewed it I couldn't read what was on the banner. Can anyone post a picture of it please?
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 09:56 - Sep 27 with 2415 viewsBlue_Order

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 09:51 - Sep 27 by Epiphone

From the angle I viewed it I couldn't read what was on the banner. Can anyone post a picture of it please?

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 09:58 - Sep 27 with 2406 viewsKieran_Knows

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 09:56 - Sep 27 by Blue_Order

Super work as always.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 10:00 - Sep 27 with 2393 viewsCoastalblue

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 09:56 - Sep 27 by Blue_Order

That's awesome, love that. Sadly can't get to games at the moment but that looks fantastic.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 10:28 - Sep 27 with 2340 viewsSlambo

Away fans will always have a pop and say they can't hear us, but we were going at it non-stop, with a bit of a lull for the last 15 minutes (after they scored basically). The sound will always struggle to travel the length of the pitch, across open air, so as long as the away fans are housed at the furthest geographical point from us, we'll always have that accusation leveled at us sadly. Couldn't hear a squeak out of the Wednesday fans either...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:01 - Sep 27 with 2281 viewsSlambo

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 07:54 - Sep 27 by BlueBlueBluex2

It's the main issue, and not likely to be resolved soon - if ever at all...

For us to to grow as a group we had to get more central and more visible. The only real viable option was down the front of 'big 6', where we are now. There just wasn't the volume of empty seats anywhere else. The club barely lifted a finger to facilitate that move, so trying to accommodate us in the most central and densely populated part of the stand, or in an entirely different stand, was never going to fly...

With all-seater stadia it would need a concerted effort by the club to 'engineer' a section where the expectation is that fans generate atmosphere. The return of standing areas would solve that problem overnight as fans would be able to easily congregate with like-minded individuals. But then (as was pointed out in another thread) the only permitted design so far is 'one ticket per one standing space' rail seating which wouldn't solve that problem at all...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:09 - Sep 27 with 2263 viewsEly_Blue

IMHO it was cringeworthy

“Uppa Towen” does nothing to dispel the stereotypes that we are a bunch of country bumpkins

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:17 - Sep 27 with 2230 viewsFunge

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:09 - Sep 27 by Ely_Blue

IMHO it was cringeworthy

“Uppa Towen” does nothing to dispel the stereotypes that we are a bunch of country bumpkins

'“Uppa Towen” does nothing to dispel the stereotypes that we are a bunch of country bumpkins '

That's what we actually are, you fool. The fact you consider this to be an insult, distances you, by definition, from the majority of other fans of this club.

Simply, Suffolk is in East Anglia, which is in the country. We have a Suffolk Punch -a big farm horse! - on our badge.

Know your history, and know where you come from. I'm proud of where I'm from, and my team (altho god knows I query this sometimes).
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:20 - Sep 27 with 2210 viewstrncbluearmy

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:01 - Sep 27 by Slambo

For us to to grow as a group we had to get more central and more visible. The only real viable option was down the front of 'big 6', where we are now. There just wasn't the volume of empty seats anywhere else. The club barely lifted a finger to facilitate that move, so trying to accommodate us in the most central and densely populated part of the stand, or in an entirely different stand, was never going to fly...

With all-seater stadia it would need a concerted effort by the club to 'engineer' a section where the expectation is that fans generate atmosphere. The return of standing areas would solve that problem overnight as fans would be able to easily congregate with like-minded individuals. But then (as was pointed out in another thread) the only permitted design so far is 'one ticket per one standing space' rail seating which wouldn't solve that problem at all...

Yeah good effort could hear but not really see from section 5

section 5 has a lot of old skool in, bung us some flags we will join in and we will give em back

all this nonsense about who could hear who is very silly,
like you say could not hear anything from the shff wed lot and they could not here us, maybe it`s because we are signing and so are they, just a thought.

But I suspect it`s pretty loud at ground level on the pitch, there is a good atmosphere at FPR helped by Blue Action who do a great job.

Look at the reaction after we scored that`s as good as you will see anywhere let alone bottom of bledding div3

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:21 - Sep 27 with 2210 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:17 - Sep 27 by Funge

'“Uppa Towen” does nothing to dispel the stereotypes that we are a bunch of country bumpkins '

That's what we actually are, you fool. The fact you consider this to be an insult, distances you, by definition, from the majority of other fans of this club.

Simply, Suffolk is in East Anglia, which is in the country. We have a Suffolk Punch -a big farm horse! - on our badge.

Know your history, and know where you come from. I'm proud of where I'm from, and my team (altho god knows I query this sometimes).

We don’t all have country yokel accents and only go out of the county when it’s a blue moon and venture into town only on market day….

Just saying I thought it looked a bit tinpot…….. we’re all entitled to our opinions though, thank you for yours

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:25 - Sep 27 with 2188 viewstrncbluearmy

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:21 - Sep 27 by Ely_Blue

We don’t all have country yokel accents and only go out of the county when it’s a blue moon and venture into town only on market day….

Just saying I thought it looked a bit tinpot…….. we’re all entitled to our opinions though, thank you for yours

chelski maybe a better fit for you

Suffolk and proud and all that means
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:26 - Sep 27 with 2175 viewsjayessess

What's a football club for if not a bit of local pride, including in our accent? Absolutely nothing wrong with being from the countryside and sounding like it.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:28 - Sep 27 with 2160 viewsBluefields

Not everyone with a Suffolk accent, however broad, is a yokel. Im from up North and still say to friends as we say goodbye," uppa towen". Not cringeworthy at all.
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:29 - Sep 27 with 2150 viewsFunge

'We don’t all have country yokel accents and only go out of the county when it’s a blue moon and venture into town only on market day…. '

…. says the man from Ely.

It looked very good. BA are making a positive difference, this is further proof of this. Carry on.
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:32 - Sep 27 with 2135 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:29 - Sep 27 by Funge

'We don’t all have country yokel accents and only go out of the county when it’s a blue moon and venture into town only on market day…. '

…. says the man from Ely.

It looked very good. BA are making a positive difference, this is further proof of this. Carry on.

Old username……not in Ely these days, and yes I’m a Suffolk boy, born and bred in Ipswich

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:46 - Sep 27 with 2076 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:01 - Sep 27 by Slambo

Not sure I fully agree with that.

Block 3 up top by the Away supporters is always empty and tickets are available in the first 20 rows.

I feel its the fans that don't want to move.
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:51 - Sep 27 with 1998 viewsWallingford_Boy

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 09:44 - Sep 27 by TractorCam

It's the away end that needs moving to the other side.

Why isn't it just moved?

It can't be that much of an issue moving it 30 metres to the right, supporters can still easily get to the train station, so not a security thing.

I don't get it. Would improve the atmosphere ten fold.

RIP Sir Bobby

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:58 - Sep 27 with 1973 viewsjayessess

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:46 - Sep 27 by BlueBlueBluex2

Not sure I fully agree with that.

Block 3 up top by the Away supporters is always empty and tickets are available in the first 20 rows.

I feel its the fans that don't want to move.

Why would we move the organised supporters group away from what was historically the loudest part of the stadium? You'd just end up with 100 fans or so (or however many would form part of BA) trying to make themselves heard over 1000+ away supporters, with a quieter North Stand.

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:59 - Sep 27 with 1966 viewsjayessess

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:51 - Sep 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Why isn't it just moved?

It can't be that much of an issue moving it 30 metres to the right, supporters can still easily get to the train station, so not a security thing.

I don't get it. Would improve the atmosphere ten fold.

From the club's perspective I'm sure they're much concerned about more tangible policing concerns than they are intangible stuff like atmosphere.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024