Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid question about going to a hospital appointment 09:48 - Sep 28 with 819 viewsgiant_stow

My boy has a routine appointment today, but I've just had an email from his school saying there's been a case in his class - do we still go?

I googled the hospital site, but can't find any info...

Cheers for any answers.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 09:49 - Sep 28 with 805 viewsKeno

Can you do a flow test on him to check or maybe call the hospital

Hope hes ok mate

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 09:50 - Sep 28 with 790 viewsgiant_stow

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 09:49 - Sep 28 by Keno

Can you do a flow test on him to check or maybe call the hospital

Hope hes ok mate

Der, I didn't think to call them - internet reflex!! Thanks, sorry everyone.

Thanks Keno - fingers crossed.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 09:53 - Sep 28 with 781 viewsBlueBadger

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 09:50 - Sep 28 by giant_stow

In all fairness, given your affiliations there was a good chance you'd cross yourself and suggest a burning at the stake to anyone suggesting the demonic talking machine...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 09:54 - Sep 28 with 771 viewsgiant_stow

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 09:53 - Sep 28 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, given your affiliations there was a good chance you'd cross yourself and suggest a burning at the stake to anyone suggesting the demonic talking machine...

brute!

Just called them and the answer for anyone else stupid enough to not phone, is cancel the appointment and don't go.

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 09:59 - Sep 28 with 755 viewsKeno

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 09:50 - Sep 28 by giant_stow

No worries

True story - My 3 year grandson swallow a couple of coins yesterday, I just asked how is and my daughter replied 'no change'

she wasn't happy cos I started to laugh, told it could be very serious and not to take be so flippant

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 10:01 - Sep 28 with 742 viewsgiant_stow

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 09:59 - Sep 28 by Keno

No worries

True story - My 3 year grandson swallow a couple of coins yesterday, I just asked how is and my daughter replied 'no change'

she wasn't happy cos I started to laugh, told it could be very serious and not to take be so flippant

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 10:28 - Sep 28 with 697 viewsHARRY10

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 09:54 - Sep 28 by giant_stow

brute!

Just called them and the answer for anyone else stupid enough to not phone, is cancel the appointment and don't go.

I was in for a 'procedure' last fri, and so had to have a covid test the tues before - then isolate for the interim period

on arrival at the hospital I was tested with the 'temperature gun' (?) before being admitted to the dept

odd that I was able to access the common areas without a check, and there were folk wandering about without a mask, one being a taxi driver picking up some elderly gent
Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 10:38 - Sep 28 with 659 viewsgiant_stow

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 10:28 - Sep 28 by HARRY10

I was in for a 'procedure' last fri, and so had to have a covid test the tues before - then isolate for the interim period

on arrival at the hospital I was tested with the 'temperature gun' (?) before being admitted to the dept

odd that I was able to access the common areas without a check, and there were folk wandering about without a mask, one being a taxi driver picking up some elderly gent

That does indeed sound odd.

Login to get fewer ads

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 10:39 - Sep 28 with 657 viewsNthQldITFC

No worries

Sounds like she thought you were being a bit of a tosser.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 10:43 - Sep 28 with 639 viewsKeno

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 10:39 - Sep 28 by NthQldITFC

Sounds like she thought you were being a bit of a tosser.

seems it went in heads and come out tails

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 11:42 - Sep 28 with 523 viewsbluelagos

No worries

Bad Keno

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 11:47 - Sep 28 with 513 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 10:38 - Sep 28 by giant_stow

That does indeed sound odd.

Not sure why it sounds odd.

You are expected to take personal responsibility as is everyone else, be that on your journey, in the supermarket, on arrival, in reception, etc.

Once you arrive on ward, the protection of the more vulnerable patients and the staff who care for them means an extra level of checks. It is far easier to control traffic into the department than on to site too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 11:56 - Sep 28 with 486 viewsgiant_stow

Covid question about going to a hospital appointment on 11:47 - Sep 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure why it sounds odd.

You are expected to take personal responsibility as is everyone else, be that on your journey, in the supermarket, on arrival, in reception, etc.

Once you arrive on ward, the protection of the more vulnerable patients and the staff who care for them means an extra level of checks. It is far easier to control traffic into the department than on to site too.

Just odd from personal experience really. Whenever we've been to our hospital during covid, we've been temp scanned on the main door before getting in. Logically it seems sensible to stop infection from even entering the building too. Maybe not all hospitals can afford to staff that I spose.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024