Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for the season to take off tonight.... 11:02 - Sep 28 with 2217 viewsitfcjoe

....no more excuses, no more gelling, no more disappointment.

Go out and beat a poor Doncaster side comfortably, score a few goals and let's start climbing this table

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 11:06 - Sep 28 with 1897 viewsKeno

Totally agree

5-0 Town

and its EIEIO up the football league we go

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 11:09 - Sep 28 with 1876 viewsMetal_Hacker

No more room for excuses - poor side , bottom of the league and no fire power (Doncaster not us , just in case )

3-0 tonight - convincing team performance and we’re on a roll

Poll: If it were one or the other

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 11:11 - Sep 28 with 1861 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...no more changes to the line up.

(Saviour Morsy aside).

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 11:13 - Sep 28 with 1867 viewsArnieM

Whilst I totally agree with OP. If anyone going down tonight think this is going to be a “walk over“ are in for a bit of shock . Doncaster won’t come here to make it easy .

I’m expecting 11 men behind the ball. Spoiling tactics. Hit us in the break etc etc …..

The best thing Town can do is get an early goal . Fingers crossed we do and don’t get caught by the usual sucker punch !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 11:14 - Sep 28 with 1847 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 11:13 - Sep 28 by ArnieM

Whilst I totally agree with OP. If anyone going down tonight think this is going to be a “walk over“ are in for a bit of shock . Doncaster won’t come here to make it easy .

I’m expecting 11 men behind the ball. Spoiling tactics. Hit us in the break etc etc …..

The best thing Town can do is get an early goal . Fingers crossed we do and don’t get caught by the usual sucker punch !

Having witness 1 win in 10 games this season, I don't think anyone is taking a win for granted.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 11:31 - Sep 28 with 1767 viewsunstableblue

…. Noise stops after 5 mins efforts

Doncaster will come out of the blocks, huge game for them after some promise at Plymouth

No nervy fans, let’s push the boys to 3 points and a great performance

I cannot wait

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 11:33 - Sep 28 with 1757 viewsunstableblue

This notion that Doncaster will be a push over is ridiculous

BUT they are having a poor season, out of form and must be beaten

They are fighting for their lives, and won’t roll over. That’s why the fans need to BRING THE NOISE

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 11:34 - Sep 28 with 1755 viewsIllinoisblue

It is indeed time but I fear it won’t be as easy as we’d like it to be.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 11:45 - Sep 28 with 1681 viewsitfcjoe

Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 11:31 - Sep 28 by unstableblue

…. Noise stops after 5 mins efforts

Doncaster will come out of the blocks, huge game for them after some promise at Plymouth

No nervy fans, let’s push the boys to 3 points and a great performance

I cannot wait

The fans are generally good, they have stayed behind the team far more than what has been deserved since McCarthy left and we've been on a downward spiral, admittedly Covid meant the worst of the Lambert era was BCD.

Like I said, no more excuses - just win.

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 11:49 - Sep 28 with 1644 viewsNthsuffolkblue

At the end of the day, a poor 1-0 win or a scrappy 6-4 will do the job. The important thing is that we start not only winning but stringing a series of wins together.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 11:52 - Sep 28 with 1628 viewsunstableblue

Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 11:45 - Sep 28 by itfcjoe

The fans are generally good, they have stayed behind the team far more than what has been deserved since McCarthy left and we've been on a downward spiral, admittedly Covid meant the worst of the Lambert era was BCD.

Like I said, no more excuses - just win.

I agree there are no more excuses, and it’s a must win

That does put pressure on the players though

Consistent and positive backing from the terraces can smooth any bumps in the game and in confidence that a Doncaster team fighting for their lives may bring

Whilst I agree the club doesn’t deserve support without caveats, and the players need to create noise by attacking, but it is a fact that in games this season if a game has turned against us, the fans have gone very quiet

Newport at home was almost the most consistent backing

Fan support aside, for me tonight is all about breaking the hoo doo of not seizing the MUST win games… throughout Marcus reign, we have failed to do it, we must change… run to adversity as Ashton would say

COYB

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 12:31 - Sep 28 with 1458 viewsIllinoisblue

And it’s sobering to think Doncaster will see us a great opportunity to get their season back on track. Can’t underestimate how important it is for us to win tonight.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 12:32 - Sep 28 with 1452 viewsitfcjoe

Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 11:52 - Sep 28 by unstableblue

I agree there are no more excuses, and it’s a must win

That does put pressure on the players though

Consistent and positive backing from the terraces can smooth any bumps in the game and in confidence that a Doncaster team fighting for their lives may bring

Whilst I agree the club doesn’t deserve support without caveats, and the players need to create noise by attacking, but it is a fact that in games this season if a game has turned against us, the fans have gone very quiet

Newport at home was almost the most consistent backing

Fan support aside, for me tonight is all about breaking the hoo doo of not seizing the MUST win games… throughout Marcus reign, we have failed to do it, we must change… run to adversity as Ashton would say

COYB

If the players can't cope with pressure of beating Doncaster at home then they are in the wrong game.

The fans are the fans, it simply isn't going to be the case that they stand and sing for 90 minutes, encouraging the players no matter how the game is going - it isn't like that for any club in world football and it will never be like that here. They get far more backing than most clubs do.

There are no excuses, we simply have to win

Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 13:17 - Sep 28 with 1291 viewsunstableblue

Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 12:32 - Sep 28 by itfcjoe

If the players can't cope with pressure of beating Doncaster at home then they are in the wrong game.

The fans are the fans, it simply isn't going to be the case that they stand and sing for 90 minutes, encouraging the players no matter how the game is going - it isn't like that for any club in world football and it will never be like that here. They get far more backing than most clubs do.

You should go to Anfield Joe! Or Cruz Azul Mexico City... relentless support

But Ipswich does not have that fan base. But to be clear this season, once the game has even slightly turned in two games, PR has fallen silent. Been better recently.

But yes as you say, a lot has been made of the strength of characters brought in, Edmundson, Burgess, Celina, Evans... and now the ultimate Morsy. If they can't stand up and be counted tonight, and get the job done, then they are not what we thought.

Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 13:19 - Sep 28 with 1277 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 12:32 - Sep 28 by itfcjoe

THIS!!

Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 13:19 - Sep 28 with 1275 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 13:17 - Sep 28 by unstableblue

You should go to Anfield Joe! Or Cruz Azul Mexico City... relentless support

But Ipswich does not have that fan base. But to be clear this season, once the game has even slightly turned in two games, PR has fallen silent. Been better recently.

But yes as you say, a lot has been made of the strength of characters brought in, Edmundson, Burgess, Celina, Evans... and now the ultimate Morsy. If they can't stand up and be counted tonight, and get the job done, then they are not what we thought.

Hmmm, how was Anfield under Hodgson??

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2011/01/thompson-shocked-at-liverpool-fans-turn-on
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 13:32]

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 13:38 - Sep 28 with 1178 viewsportmanking

Joe, how on earth did you used to cope in the Burley years when we'd be 16th/17th at Christmas and make a charge after Xmas? To build anything sustainable takes time and patience. Who's to say Wigan's form will last, for example?

I just feel this insistence on making every game a must win is just heaping unnecessary pressure. The players and staff will already be heaping enough onto themselves, don't you think?
Exactly this! on 13:41 - Sep 28 with 1163 viewsunstableblue

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 12:31 - Sep 28 by Illinoisblue

And it’s sobering to think Doncaster will see us a great opportunity to get their season back on track. Can’t underestimate how important it is for us to win tonight.

Donny manager team talk "These guys have not won at home this season, they've spent big and its failed, fans are nervous and ready to turn on manager and players.. GET INTO THEM!"

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 13:45 - Sep 28 with 1138 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 13:38 - Sep 28 by portmanking

Joe, how on earth did you used to cope in the Burley years when we'd be 16th/17th at Christmas and make a charge after Xmas? To build anything sustainable takes time and patience. Who's to say Wigan's form will last, for example?

I just feel this insistence on making every game a must win is just heaping unnecessary pressure. The players and staff will already be heaping enough onto themselves, don't you think?

We were never 16th or 17th at Christmas under Burley, and in the seasons where we were mid table we failed to get promoted

It was only at the 5th attempt (when we were 3rd at Xmas) that we eventually got up. Should we be giving Cook 5 years to get us out of the 3rd division?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 13:47 - Sep 28 with 1117 viewschicoazul

A 1-0 win for us courtesy of an own goal in the 71st minute

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 14:02 - Sep 28 with 1049 viewsjayessess

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 13:45 - Sep 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We were never 16th or 17th at Christmas under Burley, and in the seasons where we were mid table we failed to get promoted

It was only at the 5th attempt (when we were 3rd at Xmas) that we eventually got up. Should we be giving Cook 5 years to get us out of the 3rd division?

We were 15th at Christmas in 1996 and eventually finished 4th. Very low points totals that year though, team in 2nd got just 80 points.

Always weird to me when people think its worth making comparisons between seasons in the 2nd Tier and seasons in the 3rd.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 14:05 - Sep 28 with 1023 viewsOldboy

Absolutely right Joe. No more excuses.
Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 14:19 - Sep 28 with 948 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Let’s get Portman Road rocking…. None of this glass jaw, reliant on the play on 13:19 - Sep 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hmmm, how was Anfield under Hodgson??

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2011/01/thompson-shocked-at-liverpool-fans-turn-on
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 13:32]

I know nothing of Cruz Azul so cannot comment but the idea that the support is relentless at Anfield and the fans neither go quiet nor get on the team's back is ridiculous. Of course, if you only ever go to a match where the team is doing well that might be the experience for that match.

You can bet your bottom dollar there would not be relentless support for the team, were Liverpool in the bottom 3 of the Premier League having played 5 home matches for 4 points and drawn with the likes of Southampton and Villa and been thumped 5-2 by Brentford, they would not be showing relentless support.

Indeed, you could also bet your bottom dollar that were we top of the league having only dropped points in an entertaining and hard-fought draw, our support might be "relentless".

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 14:23 - Sep 28 with 897 viewsRobTheMonk

Messiah Morsy to the rescue (providing he doesn't suffer the Ipswich Injury Curse).
Time for the season to take off tonight.... on 14:23 - Sep 28 with 895 viewsKieran_Knows

3-0 win tonight.

At a guess;
Hladky
KVY Edmundson Burgess Penney
Morsy Carroll
Burns Chaplin Fraser
Bonne

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024