Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. 00:26 - Sep 29 with 6365 viewsLord_Lucan

So, I wonder up the steps to my designated seat. I haven't been to a game in a while so I'm not sure where I'm sitting but one of my mates plonks me down.

Next to me on my immediate right is a very suave looking cherry who I assume is one of our lot. Turns out, after a brief chin wag that it isn't.

Anyhoo, I have a few brief conversations with this guy about the game but I must admit I am more drawn to the guys style. The bloke is 100% dapper and knows how to dress and I am admiring him. You cannot buy looking cool, there's a load of tickets out there who can afford it but they will never look first class.

I'm waffling.

Turns out after a couple of nods and how's your fathers that I met BLUEBEAT tonight, although neither of us knew it at the time.

Next time we'll have a beer baby!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 00:39 - Sep 29 with 4091 viewsBlueBadger

Hang on, so the old boy who looked like he could hold his drink that that I spend 90 minutes talking sh1t to tonight WASN'T you?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

[Redacted] on 04:51 - Sep 29 with 3925 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 06:22 - Sep 29 with 3810 viewsKeaneish

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 00:39 - Sep 29 by BlueBadger

Hang on, so the old boy who looked like he could hold his drink that that I spend 90 minutes talking sh1t to tonight WASN'T you?

Was the football and match day experience better though? That’s all we want to know…

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 06:55 - Sep 29 with 3676 viewswitchdoctor

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 06:22 - Sep 29 by Keaneish

Was the football and match day experience better though? That’s all we want to know…

as if 🙄
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 07:15 - Sep 29 with 3576 viewschicoazul

I’ve always imagined Bluebeat as a mod type figure perhaps with a pork pie hat and a Crombie if it’s cold. Sound right?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 07:24 - Sep 29 with 3517 viewsBluespeed225

we should ask the Club to allot us a section! Followers of other subcultures are welcome to do the same. Can we be next to the Rock'in crowd, or possibly the Swing section as me and the wife despite our roots, are a bit handy at the jive, genes passed down from my Teddy Boy father.
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:15 - Sep 29 with 3202 viewsBlueBadger

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 06:22 - Sep 29 by Keaneish

I could have really done with us losing tamely washed down with a warm, flat lager to make it truly special....
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 10:15]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:20 - Sep 29 with 3149 viewsmonty_radio

But surely you can never reveal to him who YOU are?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:21 - Sep 29 with 3137 viewsHerbivore

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 07:24 - Sep 29 by Bluespeed225

we should ask the Club to allot us a section! Followers of other subcultures are welcome to do the same. Can we be next to the Rock'in crowd, or possibly the Swing section as me and the wife despite our roots, are a bit handy at the jive, genes passed down from my Teddy Boy father.

I'll be in the French electronica section.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:25 - Sep 29 with 3113 viewsbluefunk

It was good to meet you Lucan, thank you for your kind words, and what’s in a name anyway - cheers fella, BLUEFUNK! Oh and Bluebeat is a board legend, I’m more of a hanger on
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 10:26]
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:27 - Sep 29 with 3068 viewsleitrimblue

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 07:24 - Sep 29 by Bluespeed225

I demand to be in the opposite corner to the mod section. All that prince of Wales check an sideburns way to much for me
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:29 - Sep 29 with 3034 viewsartsbossbeard

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:25 - Sep 29 by bluefunk

It was good to meet you Lucan, thank you for your kind words, and what’s in a name anyway - cheers fella, BLUEFUNK! Oh and Bluebeat is a board legend, I’m more of a hanger on

Is that your usual seat then?

Lucan was using mine last night as I'm self isolating. Are we seat neighbours?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:29 - Sep 29 with 3009 viewsJakeITFC

We spotted you in your new location, looked like you were having a blast.
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:30 - Sep 29 with 3010 viewsbluefunk

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:29 - Sep 29 by artsbossbeard

Is that your usual seat then?

Lucan was using mine last night as I'm self isolating. Are we seat neighbours?

We appear to be, that seat has been my home for 18 years
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:33 - Sep 29 with 2961 viewsEwan_Oozami

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:30 - Sep 29 by bluefunk

We appear to be, that seat has been my home for 18 years

That's amazing! TWTder's right next to each other and neither of you knew????

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:43 - Sep 29 with 2894 viewsnoggin

"Well I'm not going in there with me parka on, am I."

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:44 - Sep 29 with 2886 viewsartsbossbeard

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:33 - Sep 29 by Ewan_Oozami

That's amazing! TWTder's right next to each other and neither of you knew????

In fairness, our group has moved there en-masse this season as we've now all got rid of the kids and it's back to the good ol' J block days.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:53 - Sep 29 with 2810 viewsbluefunk

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:44 - Sep 29 by artsbossbeard

In fairness, our group has moved there en-masse this season as we've now all got rid of the kids and it's back to the good ol' J block days.

It’s a small world though, one of my best mates had my ticket for the first game of the season, and he knows most of you lot very well
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 10:54]
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:54 - Sep 29 with 2791 viewsartsbossbeard

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:53 - Sep 29 by bluefunk

It’s a small world though, one of my best mates had my ticket for the first game of the season, and he knows most of you lot very well
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 10:54]

Yes indeed!

JM - top bloke!

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 11:50 - Sep 29 with 2634 viewsLord_Lucan

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:25 - Sep 29 by bluefunk

Sorry, BLUEFUNK!!

An enjoyable evening it was.

Don't tell Covid ridden ABB but I think I've lost his ticket.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 11:52 - Sep 29 with 2618 viewsartsbossbeard

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 11:50 - Sep 29 by Lord_Lucan

Sorry, BLUEFUNK!!

* shakes fist *

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 11:52 - Sep 29 with 2616 viewsbluefunk

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 11:50 - Sep 29 by Lord_Lucan

Sorry, BLUEFUNK!!

It’s our secret 😉
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 12:05 - Sep 29 with 2537 viewsKeno

This could become one of my favourite all time threads

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 13:06 - Sep 29 with 2352 viewsEwan_Oozami

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 12:05 - Sep 29 by Keno

This could become one of my favourite all time threads

A musical will be written about it in years to come...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 13:12 - Sep 29 with 2281 viewsNthQldITFC

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 13:06 - Sep 29 by Ewan_Oozami

A musical will be written about it in years to come...

Intro: 'Dedicated Follower of Fashion'

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024