Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night 07:35 - Sep 29 with 1276 viewsWeWereZombies

Been retired two and a half years now, was always one of the more savvy players and a Scouse connection too (does the Wirral count as Scouse?) Am I putting two and two together and coming up with five to suggest that there is an interesting candidate for Assistant Manager?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 07:44 - Sep 29 with 1210 viewsBurns7

Luke Chambers and John McGreal have also been at games this season haven't they?

Speaking of former players. Doncaster are managed and coached by 3 of our ex players - Wellens, Noel Hunt and Paul Gerrard.
So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 07:45 - Sep 29 with 1207 viewsFixed_It

He was interviewed on the pitch at half-time - as Shefki was on Saturday. Think you are jumping to conclusions somewhat.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 07:47 - Sep 29 with 1191 viewsDubtractor

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 07:45 - Sep 29 by Fixed_It

He was interviewed on the pitch at half-time - as Shefki was on Saturday. Think you are jumping to conclusions somewhat.

Unusual place to do a job interview, but I guess it simulates the pressurised environment of the job.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 07:49 - Sep 29 with 1155 viewsFixed_It

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 07:47 - Sep 29 by Dubtractor

Unusual place to do a job interview, but I guess it simulates the pressurised environment of the job.

More worrying that the interviewer is Stephen Foster. Now, if it was Rob Chandler...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 08:02 - Sep 29 with 1078 viewsWeWereZombies

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 07:45 - Sep 29 by Fixed_It

I know, I know...but Magilton did sign Walters around the same time as Gary Roberts. There you are, two plus two plus two equals nine.

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 08:10 - Sep 29 with 1027 viewsMerseyBlue

I'd love to have Walters back at the club in some capacity, think he was working with Ireland as a coach recently. Either way he is a natural leader and has a lot of love for the club, even if he is a wool

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 08:40 - Sep 29 with 890 viewsWeWereZombies

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 08:10 - Sep 29 by MerseyBlue

I'd love to have Walters back at the club in some capacity, think he was working with Ireland as a coach recently. Either way he is a natural leader and has a lot of love for the club, even if he is a wool

You're going to have to explain 'wool' to me.

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 08:43 - Sep 29 with 874 viewschicoazul

Long as the players change their locker combinations it sounds like a decent idea.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 08:47 - Sep 29 with 835 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 08:40 - Sep 29 by WeWereZombies

You're going to have to explain 'wool' to me.

And me.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 09:03 - Sep 29 with 760 viewsWeWereZombies

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 08:47 - Sep 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

And me.

Actually there is this thing called Google I have just remembered:

What is a 'Wool'? Deriving from woolyback, a wool is defined as someone who lives outside, but near to Liverpool. This derogative term is used to describe those who pretend to be from Liverpool but are not really according to one of the points outlined above.

https://signaturesliverpool.co.uk/blog/scouse-wool-liverpools-big-debate-settled

Reminds me of when we hosted Liverpool in the Seventies and their supporters sang 'Sheepshaggers la la la' at us. Not in many sheep in Suffolk at the time but their coaches would have driven past plenty as they left Merseyside.

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 09:17 - Sep 29 with 684 viewsMerseyBlue

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 09:03 - Sep 29 by WeWereZombies

What is a 'Wool'? Deriving from woolyback, a wool is defined as someone who lives outside, but near to Liverpool. This derogative term is used to describe those who pretend to be from Liverpool but are not really according to one of the points outlined above.

https://signaturesliverpool.co.uk/blog/scouse-wool-liverpools-big-debate-settled

Reminds me of when we hosted Liverpool in the Seventies and their supporters sang 'Sheepshaggers la la la' at us. Not in many sheep in Suffolk at the time but their coaches would have driven past plenty as they left Merseyside.

It's a great playful insult, made even funnier when overheard from scousers bickering between themselves

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 09:18 - Sep 29 with 671 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 09:03 - Sep 29 by WeWereZombies

Never heard of it. 'Wool' I mean, I've heard of Liverpool

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So Phil's report says Jon Walters was at the game last night on 10:01 - Sep 29 with 594 viewshoppy

Yes, he was sitting a few seats away from us last night, and we had a chat with him after the game, saying he needs to come more often if that’s the effect he has!
KJ was almost drooling as she had a picture with him, but I’m sure I can photoshop that out…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024