Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? 09:47 - Sep 29 with 1317 viewstractorboy1978

Even last night at 6-0 up, Fraser dropped back when he came on!

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 09:50 - Sep 29 with 1299 viewsSomethingBlue

Not hard to see why given Harper misplaced a simple pass deep inside his own half towards the end. But he was very unlucky with that shot against the post and clearly has bags of talent, I hope we can find a consistent use for him over the season as he is able to make a difference in games and an incredible bench option to have.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 09:52 - Sep 29 with 1267 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Seems like he was simply an opportunistic purchase at the time, based on overall ability rather than fitting into our system.

Having said that, I do expect he will find a role within the team / squad as the season progresses. Probably a useful matchday squad member rather than a starter.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 10:06 - Sep 29 with 1204 viewsHerbivore

I'm hoping he'll learn from Morsy. He has the attributes to be able to run a game in midfield and showed glimpses of that early on but when things get tough he goes into his shell and he's prone to being sloppy with the ball at times.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 10:17 - Sep 29 with 1137 viewsWickets

Easy to forget the Raheem is still only 21 but West Brom fans have been saying that his best position is higher up the pitch and i posted that when he first signed .
PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 10:24 - Sep 29 with 1095 viewsChrisd

Harper seems like he enjoys bombing on and getting into the final third, he needs someone like Morsy behind him to do the horrible stuff. Both Harper and Evans appear central midfielders that like to influence a game by attacking, neither of them seems to want to defend and that's where the problems were before last night. I suppose from PC's point of view, he's got a natural swap with Harper and Evans, his main problem will be is who he replaces Morsy with if he's missing due to suspension, injury or international duty?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 10:26 - Sep 29 with 1078 viewsDanTheMan

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 10:24 - Sep 29 by Chrisd

Harper seems like he enjoys bombing on and getting into the final third, he needs someone like Morsy behind him to do the horrible stuff. Both Harper and Evans appear central midfielders that like to influence a game by attacking, neither of them seems to want to defend and that's where the problems were before last night. I suppose from PC's point of view, he's got a natural swap with Harper and Evans, his main problem will be is who he replaces Morsy with if he's missing due to suspension, injury or international duty?

Carroll I'd assume. He's not as good as Morsy but having him in there does help things.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 10:29 - Sep 29 with 1059 viewsquad

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 10:24 - Sep 29 by Chrisd

Carroll you would think would be the natural fill in for Morsy. It's seeming like Morsy/Carroll defensive or Evans/Harper attacking to me.
PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 10:44 - Sep 29 with 980 viewslegoman

Donacien could make a good Morsy replacement imo.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Login to get fewer ads

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 10:53 - Sep 29 with 929 viewsSwansea_Blue

I thought Fraser had dropped back earlier? After about 60-65 minutes we pushed Celina wide and Fraser dropped deeper to make midfield 3.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 10:56 - Sep 29 with 907 viewstractorboy1978

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 10:53 - Sep 29 by Swansea_Blue

I thought Fraser had dropped back earlier? After about 60-65 minutes we pushed Celina wide and Fraser dropped deeper to make midfield 3.

Fraser was the more advanced player centrally when Celina went wide.
PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 11:42 - Sep 29 with 773 viewsGarv

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 09:50 - Sep 29 by SomethingBlue

Not hard to see why given Harper misplaced a simple pass deep inside his own half towards the end. But he was very unlucky with that shot against the post and clearly has bags of talent, I hope we can find a consistent use for him over the season as he is able to make a difference in games and an incredible bench option to have.

That misplaced pass came from a spell of aimless keep ball while we waited for the full time whistle.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 11:56 - Sep 29 with 728 viewsSwansea_Blue

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 10:56 - Sep 29 by tractorboy1978

Fraser was the more advanced player centrally when Celina went wide.

My bad then, as i thought off the ball it looked like he was dropping into a 3. Hard to tell on the TV.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 11:57 - Sep 29 with 716 viewschrismakin

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 11:56 - Sep 29 by Swansea_Blue

My bad then, as i thought off the ball it looked like he was dropping into a 3. Hard to tell on the TV.

He did a mixture, Mills mentioned it at the time, Fraser dropped back into a 3 when Donny had their mini spell

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 12:02 - Sep 29 with 702 viewsHerbivore

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 11:56 - Sep 29 by Swansea_Blue

He was dropping deep at times, especially when we were out of possession.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

PC has really decided Harper cannot play in the 2 hasn't he? on 12:37 - Sep 29 with 603 viewsNthQldITFC

But players develop, and team understanding develops, and team confidence develops, and quite possibly he will slot back in there again for a bit at some point in a team that's flying and look like a Rolls Royce in that role again. Nothing is absolute.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024