Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay 13:32 - Sep 29 with 1734 viewsLord_Lucan

the bastards?

I'm thinking not.

Mrs spent more than 2 hours at a retail park spending all my hard earned and the've clopped me for £100

A brief Google says (providing I don't mind the hassle of threatening letters) I can tell them to swivel.

Anyone on here refused to pay these?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 13:38 - Sep 29 with 1688 viewsDigger77

Yes several times. My advice is to not respond to any letters, just completely ignore them.

They eventually stop bothering.
Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 13:40 - Sep 29 with 1675 viewsbaxterbasics

I tried this with NCP a few years back and ended up with a CCJ, and paying back 3x the original fine so be careful. All for being 20 mins over.

Is the fee not reduced for quick payment?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 13:43 - Sep 29 with 1650 viewsbaxterbasics

Some helpful guidance can be found here:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets/

zip

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 13:59 - Sep 29 with 1575 viewsVaughan8

If you spent longer than the free time and now have a fine, I do wonder why people don't pay these?

I think I read that if it is "unfair" then you have claims for not paying. If not, then its best to pay. You hear some success stories of "I just ignored everything" but also people saying they were taken to court and ended up paying a lot more (see examples above).

Usually its half if you pay within 14 days so I would just pay the £50 (assuming you can aford it) and be done with it.

Annoyingly I recently went through the tyne tunnel and forgot to pay within 48 hours - £30 fine. I know slightly different.
Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 14:17 - Sep 29 with 1496 viewsnodge_blue

I got caught on the Norwich carpark near the football ground / train station.

I didnt realise they had cameras clocking you in and out.

I thought about not paying but then you could end up with some sort of legal action and as someone else has said a CCJ against you. I wondered if it could even affect your credit etc.

So reluctantly I paid. But I hated them for it.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 14:36 - Sep 29 with 1406 viewsbaxterbasics

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 14:17 - Sep 29 by nodge_blue

I got caught on the Norwich carpark near the football ground / train station.

I didnt realise they had cameras clocking you in and out.

I thought about not paying but then you could end up with some sort of legal action and as someone else has said a CCJ against you. I wondered if it could even affect your credit etc.

So reluctantly I paid. But I hated them for it.

Having a CCJ definitely affects your credit rating, believe me!

zip

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 15:25 - Sep 29 with 1316 viewsZx1988

You can try going down the 'ignore' route, but keep your wits about you. If they start talking seriously about taking you to court, pay attention and seek advice from a forum such as PePiPoo ( http://forums.pepipoo.com/)

I've seen off a few local operators in the last couple of years, and my tactic has been to engage with them once to advise that you dispute their charge and would be pleased to see them in court. That usually gets them to either back down, or keeps them at the threatening letters stage of things.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they go after those who ignore them, in the hope that their approach extends to ignoring court summonses etc.,

As for CCJs, don't let them intimidate you with that particular threat. Yes, there is a risk of getting a CCJ, but only if you go to court, lose, and still refuse to pay. A day in court cannot harm your credit rating as long as you pay what you're told to pay.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 16:33 - Sep 29 with 1193 viewsLord_Lucan

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 13:59 - Sep 29 by Vaughan8

If you spent longer than the free time and now have a fine, I do wonder why people don't pay these?

I think I read that if it is "unfair" then you have claims for not paying. If not, then its best to pay. You hear some success stories of "I just ignored everything" but also people saying they were taken to court and ended up paying a lot more (see examples above).

Usually its half if you pay within 14 days so I would just pay the £50 (assuming you can aford it) and be done with it.

Annoyingly I recently went through the tyne tunnel and forgot to pay within 48 hours - £30 fine. I know slightly different.

If it had been a car park and we overan the time I would be happy to pay it - but this was a retail park with free parking and the Mrs was spending in the stores.

I have decided not to pay it and look forward to my day in court.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 21:04 - Sep 29 with 971 viewsPinewoodblue

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 16:33 - Sep 29 by Lord_Lucan

If it had been a car park and we overan the time I would be happy to pay it - but this was a retail park with free parking and the Mrs was spending in the stores.

I have decided not to pay it and look forward to my day in court.

Would have thought the stores would help.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 21:08 - Sep 29 with 959 viewsLord_Lucan

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 21:04 - Sep 29 by Pinewoodblue

The fact that it operates leads me to think that the stores voted for it and probably get a percentage.

Annoyingly the daft mare went into Pizza Hut and could have got extra validation on the time but she was probably so hungry she ignored that.

I have a hunch she probably also ignored the salad bar.

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 21:39 - Sep 29 with 890 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 21:08 - Sep 29 by Lord_Lucan

The fact that it operates leads me to think that the stores voted for it and probably get a percentage.

Annoyingly the daft mare went into Pizza Hut and could have got extra validation on the time but she was probably so hungry she ignored that.

I have a hunch she probably also ignored the salad bar.

Ignoring the salad bar in Pizza Hut probably saved you the same amount as the fine.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 22:51 - Sep 29 with 787 viewsSwansea_Blue

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 21:04 - Sep 29 by Pinewoodblue

This. I've head of a few that have been overturned after people complained to the stores. As long as it's genuine, they're far more interested in saving custom than parking.

Private parking enforcement companies are utter scum. I got a ticket once while I was queuing at the machine to buy a ticket. Easily overturned, but that tells you all you need to know about the little Hitler c**** that work for these sorts of places.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 23:39 - Sep 29 with 739 viewsOldsmoker

Probably been done to death before but Euro Car Parks fines - do I need to pay on 22:51 - Sep 29 by Swansea_Blue

This. I've head of a few that have been overturned after people complained to the stores. As long as it's genuine, they're far more interested in saving custom than parking.

Private parking enforcement companies are utter scum. I got a ticket once while I was queuing at the machine to buy a ticket. Easily overturned, but that tells you all you need to know about the little Hitler c**** that work for these sorts of places.

My latest run in with a parking company was great.
I've just moved to a new flat. There are parking spaces available and clearly state they are for the use of residents.
I got a jokey letter from the car parking 'Nazis' saying they saw my car and traced the registered address of the owner to send me a fine. When they realised the address was one of the flats they cancelled the fine and instead sent me a parking permit for me to display on my windscreen.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024