Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? 16:45 - Sep 29 with 1414 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

It's my dad's 85th birthday today and we're looking to take my parents out for a fancy meal in the above location in a couple of weeks. We've done The Sun Inn in Dedham, which was very nice. Any more for any more?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 17:02 - Sep 29 with 1354 viewsfergalsharkey

The flitch of bacon little Dunmow is fantastic. (Nr Felsted)

The square and compasses fuller street fairstead is also good.

Poll: Cook out?

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 17:07 - Sep 29 with 1337 viewsEly_Blue

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 17:02 - Sep 29 by fergalsharkey

The flitch of bacon little Dunmow is fantastic. (Nr Felsted)

The square and compasses fuller street fairstead is also good.

I was going to say the flitch of bacon too but get in early to book.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 17:18 - Sep 29 with 1305 viewsWarkystache

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 17:07 - Sep 29 by Ely_Blue

I was going to say the flitch of bacon too but get in early to book.

Not really Essex but the Marquis at Upper Layham and The Crown at Stoke by Nayland are both excellent and some really lovely views.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 17:47 - Sep 29 with 1282 viewsTractorWood

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 17:18 - Sep 29 by Warkystache

Not really Essex but the Marquis at Upper Layham and The Crown at Stoke by Nayland are both excellent and some really lovely views.

The Crown at Stoke by Nayland was ok for me the other night. Nothing more. It's part of the Chestnut group and generally find the Packhorse at Moulton and the Northgate in Bury much better.

Ian Marshall was in there.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? (n/t) on 17:48 - Sep 29 with 1273 viewsFBI

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 17:47 - Sep 29 by TractorWood

The Crown at Stoke by Nayland was ok for me the other night. Nothing more. It's part of the Chestnut group and generally find the Packhorse at Moulton and the Northgate in Bury much better.

Ian Marshall was in there.

[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 17:50]

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 21:07 - Sep 29 with 1145 viewssoupytwist

I went to the Galvin Green Man in Howe Street a few weeks ago and that was good. The lunch menu is decent value if that suits the 85 year old.
Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 21:15 - Sep 29 with 1131 viewsbazza

Nayland anchor.. nice setting and good food.
Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 22:26 - Sep 29 with 1062 viewsTractorWood

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 21:15 - Sep 29 by bazza

Nayland anchor.. nice setting and good food.

This would be my recommendation. Good beer, good food. Very accommodating and awesome walks on the Stour.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 22:52 - Sep 29 with 1025 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

The Cricketers at either Clavering or Rickling are both lovely but both more Saffron Walden side of North Essex so might be wrong area.
Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 03:44 - Sep 30 with 970 viewsdominiciawful

Toby Carvery, Stanway

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 03:44 - Sep 30 with 969 viewsdominiciawful

I believe the Five Bells at Colne Engaine is supposed to be decent.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 07:00 - Sep 30 with 914 viewsbelgablue

Le Tolbooth in Dedham is very good.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 09:32 - Sep 30 with 845 viewsSaleAway

The Spotted Dog near Dunmow is really nice

https://the-spotted-dog-bishopsgreen.co.uk/

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 10:56 - Sep 30 with 776 viewsDurovigutum

Not exactly a pub, but very good... Right on the border with Suffolk.

Shillingfords
https://maps.app.goo.gl/7uEydNJk2uG7xD3eA
Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 11:01 - Sep 30 with 770 viewsBloomBlue

The Rose at Shenfield

Or the Galvin Green Man
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 11:02]
Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 13:33 - Sep 30 with 693 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 22:52 - Sep 29 by DropCliffsNotBombs

The Cricketers at either Clavering or Rickling are both lovely but both more Saffron Walden side of North Essex so might be wrong area.

Went to the Cricketers before it changed hands and it was not all that, however the accommodation over the road that they also own was nice.
Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 17:58 - Sep 30 with 608 viewssoupytwist

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 10:56 - Sep 30 by Durovigutum

Not exactly a pub, but very good... Right on the border with Suffolk.

Shillingfords
https://maps.app.goo.gl/7uEydNJk2uG7xD3eA

Keep meaning to go to Shillingfords but haven't got round to it yet. Have you been on one of the forager evenings?
Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 18:01 - Sep 30 with 603 viewsfergalsharkey

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 09:32 - Sep 30 by SaleAway

The Spotted Dog near Dunmow is really nice

https://the-spotted-dog-bishopsgreen.co.uk/

Went there last night, top notch.

Poll: Cook out?

Nice foodie pubs in the Essex countryside? on 18:20 - Sep 30 with 578 viewsunstableblue

The Thorn at Mistley

The Old Crown Messing

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024