Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for 23:41 - Sep 29 with 5672 viewshatch

Sorry if it’s been released elsewhere today. But he just answers short direct answers then calls the interviewer out for his line of questioning post Bolton. Awkward but terrific to watch on this occasion.
Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 23:49 - Sep 29 with 4672 viewsGuthrum

Ah, so that'll be the interviewer he was referring to having previously 'slaughtered' him.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 01:20 - Sep 30 with 4496 viewsquirkie

Cook made himself look a petulant **** to be honest.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 01:33 - Sep 30 with 4483 viewstextbackup

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 01:20 - Sep 30 by quirkie

blokes not long lost his old man, reckon he couldn't give a fck what you say tbh….

however, he doesn't look as much of a **** as others will who spent weeks questioning his every decision/move

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 02:15 - Sep 30 with 4441 viewsquirkie

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 01:33 - Sep 30 by textbackup

blokes not long lost his old man, reckon he couldn't give a fck what you say tbh….

however, he doesn't look as much of a **** as others will who spent weeks questioning his every decision/move

I lost my dad last year too,. didn't resort to being that embarrassing when being asked some perfectly legitimate questions.

OK I've not been asked those sort of questions, but ffs have some humanity, guy was only doing his job.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 03:19 - Sep 30 with 4379 viewstextbackup

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 02:15 - Sep 30 by quirkie

I lost my dad last year too,. didn't resort to being that embarrassing when being asked some perfectly legitimate questions.

OK I've not been asked those sort of questions, but ffs have some humanity, guy was only doing his job.

weirdly people deal with situations in different ways.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 07:16 - Sep 30 with 4050 viewschrismakin

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 02:15 - Sep 30 by quirkie

Funny. Paul was only doing his job.
Time and place to go on the attack about Bolton not just after he lost his dad.

You talk about humanity, well there wasn't any from the journo

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 07:58 - Sep 30 with 3864 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Please tell us about the time you lost a game by 5 and then were grilled by a professional journalist a week after your dad died.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 7:58]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 08:30 - Sep 30 with 3740 viewsquad

Anyone got a link? Can't find it.
Login to get fewer ads

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 09:19 - Sep 30 with 3532 viewsSitfcB

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 01:20 - Sep 30 by quirkie

He got some sh!tty questions off that reporter the other week so gave some sh!tiness back, nothing to see here.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 09:42 - Sep 30 with 3409 viewsKieran_Knows

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 08:30 - Sep 30 by quad

Anyone got a link? Can't find it.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 09:45 - Sep 30 with 3365 viewsyesjohn99

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 03:19 - Sep 30 by textbackup

weirdly people deal with situations in different ways.

Didn’t realise it was a competition to see who handles their father dying the best.
Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 09:45 - Sep 30 with 3359 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 09:42 - Sep 30 by Kieran_Knows

Superb. Fair play to him.
Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 09:48 - Sep 30 with 3347 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 09:42 - Sep 30 by Kieran_Knows

Terrific interview. I don't blame PC at all. I get really pi55ed off at journalist who, instead of trying to report news, try to create it. We've seen the same with the fuel crisis, caused by journalists hyping up fuel shortages. In this instance, the journo was clearly trying to heap pressure on PC to get him sacked after the Bolton game, by referencing his results since taking over last season. Applause to PC for giving the interview, not getting carried away and making it clear in a polite way that the journo is a d1ckhead.

Poll: would you rather

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 09:51 - Sep 30 with 3289 viewsyesjohn99

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 09:48 - Sep 30 by LegendofthePhoenix

Terrific interview. I don't blame PC at all. I get really pi55ed off at journalist who, instead of trying to report news, try to create it. We've seen the same with the fuel crisis, caused by journalists hyping up fuel shortages. In this instance, the journo was clearly trying to heap pressure on PC to get him sacked after the Bolton game, by referencing his results since taking over last season. Applause to PC for giving the interview, not getting carried away and making it clear in a polite way that the journo is a d1ckhead.

Bang on well said.
Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 09:55 - Sep 30 with 3253 viewsSitfcB

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 09:48 - Sep 30 by LegendofthePhoenix

Journo in question meant to be a Town fan as well!

He sounded surprised he got the reaction he got...

COYB

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:00 - Sep 30 with 3190 viewsgiant_stow

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 07:58 - Sep 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

Please tell us about the time you lost a game by 5 and then were grilled by a professional journalist a week after your dad died.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 7:58]

I went to pieces when my Dad passed - I was out of action for at least 6 months - top respect to anyone who can keep going in those circumstances.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:29 - Sep 30 with 3041 viewsSteve_M

So, everyone is in favour of Lambert banning Phil now then?

Or are there some double standards on display here?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:33 - Sep 30 with 2995 viewschicoazul

Remember loads of you crying because Phil got banned by Lamberk? I remember.
Big part of the job of all professional football managers is to answer journalists questions.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:36 - Sep 30 with 2957 viewstractorboy1978

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:29 - Sep 30 by Steve_M

Has PC banned him then?
Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:42 - Sep 30 with 2912 viewsChurchman

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:00 - Sep 30 by giant_stow

I went to pieces when my Dad passed - I was out of action for at least 6 months - top respect to anyone who can keep going in those circumstances.

I think everybody handles loss differently. There are no rights and wrongs. You have to just go with it and let time work it’s magic. When I lost my mum a few years ago, I was ok with it. I had so much to do sorting all the the horrible stuff out, keeping my dad going etc and was busy in work too. There wasn’t any pressure at all on me with the latter, but I found throwing myself into it helped me. By comparison, my sister’s response was totally different.

I think work is Cook’s way of dealing with it. As for the interview, he clearly doesn’t like doing them and it’s not his strength. I can understand why he was short with the interviewer. I’m never sure if interviews straight after a game are a good thing though.
Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:49 - Sep 30 with 2839 viewsSitfcB

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:29 - Sep 30 by Steve_M

Very different circumstances.

COYB

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:51 - Sep 30 with 2821 viewsGarv

You can make a case for Cook being a bit childish here, but he's got a right to be a bit hacked off with having to publicly defend his record after a handful of games into a season, not even accounting for the circumstances of the week leading up to Bolton.

The worst bit is the interviewer's baiting of Cook. "You seem a bit downbeat" - is just asking for an argument. He'll know he's downbeat and he'll know why.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:54 - Sep 30 with 2798 viewsSitfcB

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:33 - Sep 30 by chicoazul

Remember loads of you crying because Phil got banned by Lamberk? I remember.
Big part of the job of all professional football managers is to answer journalists questions.

Phil didn’t get banned for the questions he asked though.

COYB

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:58 - Sep 30 with 2749 viewsGarv

Strange take.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 11:08 - Sep 30 with 2669 viewschicoazul

Cook’s interview on Quest is THE interview you were waiting for on 10:49 - Sep 30 by SitfcB

Very different circumstances.

It’s not really. It’s much the same thing, Manager doesn’t like a line of questioning and acts contrary to his job.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024