Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 11:30 - Sep 30 with 2890 viewsITFC_History

Kenneth Wolstenholme eats humble pie and buys the whole Ipswich team champagne.

Also other footage I have never seen before from this historic game.

Press on 'watch on you tube' in the link below.

[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 11:31]
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 11:44 - Sep 30 with 2801 viewsPhilTWTD

Cliff Michelmore handing the champagne over on his behalf. Not seen that footage before and it includes the correct second goal rather than the disallowed one wrongly included in the edit which is usually shown.
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 11:55 - Sep 30 with 2751 viewsITFC_History

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 11:44 - Sep 30 by PhilTWTD

Cliff Michelmore handing the champagne over on his behalf. Not seen that footage before and it includes the correct second goal rather than the disallowed one wrongly included in the edit which is usually shown.

Don't know how this chap has discovered the footage for this game. But its not the first time he has done it.

He has uploaded some other truly fabulous games featuring us on his channel.
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 11:56 - Sep 30 with 2742 viewsmylittletown

Brilliant! Pity Alf put on that ridiculous accent, though...
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 12:38 - Sep 30 with 2622 viewsghostofescobar

Wonderful! The Spurs good luck banner was a bit random! And I love the fan running into the net after our first goal, picking up the ball and booting it back up the pitch in celebration!!

GhostOfEscobar

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 12:42 - Sep 30 with 2612 viewsIllinoisblue

Fantastic find! Funny to hear the crowd being described as lethargic. Would think nervous would have been a better description.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 12:42 - Sep 30 with 2611 viewsNthQldITFC

Thank you so much for that. I've never really seen footage before of that era, just haven't looked for it I suppose, which is very remiss. Really moving. How on earth did the players manage to tell who was on their side in the black and white days though? Or see the ball against the grass?

I presume the camera is on the West Stand side as today? Hard to tell if you're not familiar with the old stands or the skyline.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 12:48 - Sep 30 with 2584 viewsBarcaBlue

Superb. Excellent piece of toilet roll throwing for the second ( did they hold back after the first?) Great boot up the pitch from a fan after the first, I'd have been stuffing the ball under my overcoat.
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 12:51 - Sep 30 with 2567 viewsNthQldITFC

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 12:48 - Sep 30 by BarcaBlue

Superb. Excellent piece of toilet roll throwing for the second ( did they hold back after the first?) Great boot up the pitch from a fan after the first, I'd have been stuffing the ball under my overcoat.

People really knew how to throw a bog roll in those days. Kids these days haven't got a clue. I wonder if French supporters used to lob bidets onto the pitch?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 12:56 - Sep 30 with 2556 viewsPhilTWTD

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 11:55 - Sep 30 by ITFC_History

Don't know how this chap has discovered the footage for this game. But its not the first time he has done it.

He has uploaded some other truly fabulous games featuring us on his channel.

I assume it must be BBC footage. Assume it would have had to be transferred to a digital format from tape.
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 13:12 - Sep 30 with 2467 views_sanctimoanious_

not having the great name of Burnley indeed.

Amazing to think the lads are still running about on that patch of land. Viva Portman Road.
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 13:20 - Sep 30 with 2423 viewsoldburian

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 12:42 - Sep 30 by NthQldITFC

Thank you so much for that. I've never really seen footage before of that era, just haven't looked for it I suppose, which is very remiss. Really moving. How on earth did the players manage to tell who was on their side in the black and white days though? Or see the ball against the grass?

I presume the camera is on the West Stand side as today? Hard to tell if you're not familiar with the old stands or the skyline.

The games were not covered in those days as they are now, just snippets for news use, hence the pictures you see. No Match of the Day.
For the European Cup coverage BBC had a temporary camera position on top of the East 'Chicken Run' Stand
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 13:20 - Sep 30 with 2426 viewsWaterfootblue

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 13:12 - Sep 30 by _sanctimoanious_

not having the great name of Burnley indeed.

Amazing to think the lads are still running about on that patch of land. Viva Portman Road.

And I was there, a mere 14 year old North Stander. What a marvellous history the club has. An amazingly articulate man Sir Alf was.
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 13:21 - Sep 30 with 2417 viewsMeadowlark

Excellent. Thanks for posting.
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 13:29 - Sep 30 with 2384 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Just watched this on my lunch break.
Thank you so much for posting.
Goose bumps the size of marbles.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 13:58 - Sep 30 with 2309 viewsChurchman

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 12:42 - Sep 30 by NthQldITFC

Yes, the camera is in the West Stand. Opposite is the Chicken Run which looks larger from that angle than it actually was. The camera was sited about there right up to the early 80s when the West Stand was rebuilt.

That’s a really good piece of film. I’ve never seen before. Cliff Michelmore was going well into the 80s on things like the Apollo missions and later the holiday programmes. I’ve no idea he did football.

Crawford looks a good player, even in that old footage, but the goalies were a bit rubbish.
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 14:27 - Sep 30 with 2242 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Thank you so much for sharing - after the second goal was scored I believe I know who threw that toilet roll onto the pitch! Better keep quiet as his Mum is still alive and searching for whoever pinched that Izal from the lavatory.
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 14:36 - Sep 30 with 2212 viewsusm

Nice one, Dude. Not seen that before.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 16:21 - Sep 30 with 2072 viewsFBI

Brilliant stuff. It's a crying shame there isn't more footage from those days. There's a bit just before then end of the first half where Andy Nelson takes someone out and basically sits on 'em whilst delivering a pass out to his right. Nice.

Fascinating to see the blue invalid carriages on the touchline at the side of Churchman's (you young upstarts can call it something else :-D ) which were still being parked there in the 80s. Must have been terrifying when the ball was cleared...

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 20:14 - Sep 30 with 1885 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Brilliant stuff. Thank you for posting.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 21:07 - Sep 30 with 1812 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Great watch.

Thanks for sharing.

Includes the wonderful comment (used on Radio Suffolk commentary intros): "that was Crawford scoring his 39th goal of the season"!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 21:32 - Sep 30 with 1773 viewsfarkenhell

That was brilliant. Best thing I've watched in a long time. Thanks for posting.
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 22:53 - Sep 30 with 1678 viewsLord_Lucan

Brilliant stuff. Hasn't life changed!

For the good and the bad.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 23:13 - Sep 30 with 1619 viewsChurchman

New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 22:53 - Sep 30 by Lord_Lucan

Brilliant stuff. Hasn't life changed!

For the good and the bad.

I thought that. Hats, rattles, rosettes, people lining the pitch, a supported booting the ball to the centre spot, the football ground itself. Mind you, somethings haven’t. I smiled when the Villa player tried to steal a few yards on a free kick and was waved back.
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 11:06 - Oct 1 with 1415 viewsbobwya

What a fantastic watch. I was 15 and so wanted to be there but my family had recently moved to Southampton but I remember it was the first time my father ever got me a beer!
Thanks for posting
New footage from the dressing room when we won the Division one title in 1962 on 13:09 - Oct 1 with 1313 viewsfranz_tyson

Reporter: “You’ve done a tremendous thing, haven’t you, for football today in that you’ve brought this small club which 5 years ago was playing third division soccer to second division soccer to first division soccer and now the Championship …. “

Cookie: “ Yes, it’s been an amazing journey. I’d like to thank the owners, Mark and above all my coaching staff. “
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024