Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So of all the things Angela Rayner said 13:49 - Sep 30 with 2684 viewsKeno

"homophobic, racist, misogynistic, absolute vile… banana republic, vile, nasty, Etonian… piece of scum.”

why is it only "scum" the only people have an issue with?

are the other accepted as correct

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 13:55 - Sep 30 with 2626 viewsBlueBadger

It's because for a lot pf people the homophobia, misogyny, incompetence, nastiness and public school education are a feature, not a bug so they see the word 'scum' as an attack on them?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 14:34]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 13:56 - Sep 30 with 2616 viewsFtnfwest

Who knows? The slapper's only using 'northern slang' anyway so perfectly acceptable.
So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 14:05 - Sep 30 with 2581 viewsmutters

A lot will have problems with all that she said. The sad thing is that these people (across the whole of the political spectrum) are representing the people who voted and didn't vote for them in their constituency and their use of these words completely devalues their argument. Resorting to name-calling is normally done when the person has already lost the argument/conversation.

A lot will look at Rayners comments and dismiss them because she was making her point in such an ill-mannered and rude way. It's not the way to influence and bring people along with you.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 14:08 - Sep 30 with 2552 viewsBlueBadger

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 14:05 - Sep 30 by mutters

A lot will have problems with all that she said. The sad thing is that these people (across the whole of the political spectrum) are representing the people who voted and didn't vote for them in their constituency and their use of these words completely devalues their argument. Resorting to name-calling is normally done when the person has already lost the argument/conversation.

A lot will look at Rayners comments and dismiss them because she was making her point in such an ill-mannered and rude way. It's not the way to influence and bring people along with you.

"homophobic, racist, misogynistic, absolute vile… banana republic, vile, nasty, Etonian....he clearly has some Very Real Concerns" would have been much better.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 14:13 - Sep 30 with 2531 viewsKeno

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 14:05 - Sep 30 by mutters

Dont get me wrong I dont necessarily agree with what she said or the it way said, I just find it strange that 'Scum' is the only term people have a issue with

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 14:25 - Sep 30 with 2469 viewsRyorry

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 13:55 - Sep 30 by BlueBadger

It's because for a lot pf people the homophobia, misogyny, incompetence, nastiness and public school education are a feature, not a bug so they see the word 'scum' as an attack on them?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 14:34]

Did you see the vox pops on BBC1 main news last night asking shoppers if KS's speech would persuade them to vote Labout?

Mainly 'no', including 2 old fogeys whose only response was "no, we like Boris"

The interviews were conducted in, rather appropriately, DUDley.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 14:36 - Sep 30 with 2416 viewsMookamoo

She's no idiot. Get the attention of the base. Get the press interested. Raise her profile.

Personally I love a bit of tub-thumping over an essay.
So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 16:27 - Sep 30 with 2245 viewsGeoffSentence

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 14:25 - Sep 30 by Ryorry

Did you see the vox pops on BBC1 main news last night asking shoppers if KS's speech would persuade them to vote Labout?

Mainly 'no', including 2 old fogeys whose only response was "no, we like Boris"

The interviews were conducted in, rather appropriately, DUDley.

vox pops are a complete cop-out way of reporting. The physical world version of quoting tweets.

Asking random people, who may or not be ill-informed what they think and reporting that as news is absolute nonsense.

It's an easy way of giving a particular slant to a report as well, interview a bunch of people and show the ones who a view that you want to report. Not saying that is what the BBC do, but they could easily do it, and who knows if they do.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 16:30 - Sep 30 with 2238 viewsRyorry

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 16:27 - Sep 30 by GeoffSentence

vox pops are a complete cop-out way of reporting. The physical world version of quoting tweets.

Asking random people, who may or not be ill-informed what they think and reporting that as news is absolute nonsense.

It's an easy way of giving a particular slant to a report as well, interview a bunch of people and show the ones who a view that you want to report. Not saying that is what the BBC do, but they could easily do it, and who knows if they do.

Err, I didn't say I approved of it as a news item, I was merely relaying to Badger what a couple of fogeys had said

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 16:33 - Sep 30 with 2234 viewslowhouseblue

it got her headlines. so why would she care which of the words they focused on?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 16:59 - Sep 30 with 2167 viewsrattram

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 16:33 - Sep 30 by lowhouseblue

it got her headlines. so why would she care which of the words they focused on?

My only complaint about what she said was she forgot to call him a serial liar with no moral compass. The only Prime Minister in our lifetime to be sacked twice for lying to his boss. Having such a large majority means he doesn't need to worry unfortunately.
So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 17:28 - Sep 30 with 2086 viewsMullet

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 16:59 - Sep 30 by rattram

My only complaint about what she said was she forgot to call him a serial liar with no moral compass. The only Prime Minister in our lifetime to be sacked twice for lying to his boss. Having such a large majority means he doesn't need to worry unfortunately.

He also lied to the Queen yet the average Tory seems fine with it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 17:40 - Sep 30 with 2051 viewsbluelagos

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 13:56 - Sep 30 by Ftnfwest

Who knows? The slapper's only using 'northern slang' anyway so perfectly acceptable.

So on the day when someone is sentenced for the brutal murder of a young lady, months after multiple debates on how we can ensure young men treat women properly and not objectify them, you think that is appropriate language to describe a politician, who I would guess has achieved 100 times more in her short career than you ever have...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 17:43 - Sep 30 with 2042 viewsMullet

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 17:40 - Sep 30 by bluelagos

So on the day when someone is sentenced for the brutal murder of a young lady, months after multiple debates on how we can ensure young men treat women properly and not objectify them, you think that is appropriate language to describe a politician, who I would guess has achieved 100 times more in her short career than you ever have...

The whole post is weird

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 14:15 - Oct 3 with 1667 viewsFtnfwest

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 17:40 - Sep 30 by bluelagos

Sorry meant scum
So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 14:25 - Oct 3 with 1625 viewsDarth_Koont

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 14:15 - Oct 3 by Ftnfwest

Sorry meant scum

Sorry Ftnfers. But Ithink you went too far there.

There’s a world of difference between going overboard on ruling politicians as a characteristic and being out of line about a woman as a characteristic.

Pronouns: He/Him

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 14:29 - Oct 3 with 1606 viewsHerbivore

Bang out of order.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 14:50 - Oct 3 with 1547 viewsmonytowbray

Multiple replies and not a single link for context.

Who was this about, BJ I assume?

If so, my take would be if you do not want people calling you a “ homophobic, racist, misogynistic, absolute vile banana republic, vile, nasty, Etonian piece of scum” then the easy answer is he stops being and apologises for his past being a “homophobic, racist, misogynistic, absolute vile banana republic, vile, nasty, Etonian piece of scum.”

If the shoe fits…
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 14:51]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 14:51 - Oct 3 with 1546 viewsmonytowbray

Way to take the moral high ground and demonstrate why we’re in such a mess as a nation.

TWTD never forgets…

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 15:19 - Oct 3 with 1494 viewsDouble_Dutch

Anyone else considered, that she may very well be a Town supporter who posts regularly on this board? Outspoken, angry and a certain choice of language, with perhaps a gentle nod to her political career aspirations, Harold Wilson number 10 hidden within her choice of username?
So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 17:32 - Oct 3 with 1387 viewsElephantintheRoom

I suspect it is more a case of the truth hurts

Personally I think it gives scum a bad name - its a pity that lying incompetents whose heartless policies are doing immense and irreparable damage aren't called out more often - ideally by people with a bit more credibility than Ms Rayner

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 17:59 - Oct 3 with 1341 viewsmonytowbray

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 17:32 - Oct 3 by ElephantintheRoom

I suspect it is more a case of the truth hurts

Personally I think it gives scum a bad name - its a pity that lying incompetents whose heartless policies are doing immense and irreparable damage aren't called out more often - ideally by people with a bit more credibility than Ms Rayner

Surely calling it out lends to credibility?

TWTD never forgets…

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 20:27 - Oct 3 with 1246 viewsTheBlueGnu

Angela Rayner - I would.

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 23:37 - Oct 3 with 1156 viewsSwansea_Blue

So of all the things Angela Rayner said on 16:59 - Sep 30 by rattram

Marr challenged him for lying today, which must be a first. Bloke can’t help himself, he’s a serial liar. People shouldn’t stand for it, but sadly do.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024