Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midfield Goals 18:55 - Sep 30 with 737 viewsKropotkin123

For a long time now we've been aware that Ipswich have lacked goals from Midfield. Aside from a Gwion flurry at the start of the season, it was consistently bad.

We obviously have a small sample to go from, but we are up from .43 goals per game (gpg) to .66 gpg. Over the course of a season, that would add an extra 10 goals to the team.

You'd hope, and expect, that gpg figure to increase, as the players improve their understanding of each other and what is required of them.

Fingers crossed it's onwards and upwards

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Midfield Goals on 19:11 - Sep 30 with 683 viewsKeaneish

I was watching the shooting drills in the warm-up Tuesday night and the finishing was very consistent throughout compared to previous squads. It was either a good sign that we have improved quality or that Holy is terrible!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Midfield Goals on 20:02 - Sep 30 with 598 viewshave_a_word_with_him

This squad is just plain and simple overall better than the one we had, by some way. Man for man I can't think of a single player I would change for what we had last year, they are all better technically, physically, and attitudinally. Evan's finishes on Tuesday showed a capability way beyond League 1. Keep believing, this lot are good.
Midfield Goals on 20:28 - Sep 30 with 533 viewsFixed_It

Midfield Goals on 19:11 - Sep 30 by Keaneish

I was watching the shooting drills in the warm-up Tuesday night and the finishing was very consistent throughout compared to previous squads. It was either a good sign that we have improved quality or that Holy is terrible!

Same at Lincoln. I decided it was the quality of the finishing, but...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Midfield Goals on 21:18 - Sep 30 with 420 viewsOwainG1992

The potential is there for us to have the best goalscoring midfield since Mags and Holland etc.
I know that's a huge statement but I just feel the creativity is something we haven't even seen since the likes of Tommy Miller and so forth.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 21:44]

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024