Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beattie statue 06:25 - Oct 1 with 1042 viewsnoggin

Hopefully just the angle of the photo but that doesn't look like The Beat, to me.
https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/41136/fans-offered-chance-to-have-name-
[Post edited 1 Oct 6:27]

Poll: You can choose one.

The Beattie statue on 07:55 - Oct 1 with 889 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The sculptor did Sir Bob and Sir Alf, which are both brilliant, so I don't think it will be too far off.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The Beattie statue on 08:03 - Oct 1 with 879 viewsDanny_G

The sculptor said previously that the head on these small models wasn’t going to look right because of the scale:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/36705/model-of-beattie-statue-unveiled

‘You have previously stated that the head is the least important aspect at this stage.

As you can imagine, the head of my maquette is smaller than a Brussels sprout and his eyes are the size of a grain of rice. Getting a spot on likeness is very difficult at that scale.

I always aim to get a good resemblance but a good likeness at this early stage is not a priority. What is much more important is getting the balance, weight, flow and look right.

Does the pose work from all angles and not just one? Is it a pleasing aesthetically for the observer? Does the pose work as a stand alone subject? These are the questions I ask at this stage.

I can also at the maquette stage make minor changes if it is required by third parties. ie move an arm easily, turn his head slightly etc.

A facial likeness is very much the most important aspect when the full scale statue is completed but at this stage not so.‘

The Beattie statue on 08:05 - Oct 1 with 850 viewsnoggin

The Beattie statue on 08:03 - Oct 1 by Danny_G

The sculptor said previously that the head on these small models wasn’t going to look right because of the scale:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/36705/model-of-beattie-statue-unveiled

‘You have previously stated that the head is the least important aspect at this stage.

As you can imagine, the head of my maquette is smaller than a Brussels sprout and his eyes are the size of a grain of rice. Getting a spot on likeness is very difficult at that scale.

I always aim to get a good resemblance but a good likeness at this early stage is not a priority. What is much more important is getting the balance, weight, flow and look right.

Does the pose work from all angles and not just one? Is it a pleasing aesthetically for the observer? Does the pose work as a stand alone subject? These are the questions I ask at this stage.

I can also at the maquette stage make minor changes if it is required by third parties. ie move an arm easily, turn his head slightly etc.

A facial likeness is very much the most important aspect when the full scale statue is completed but at this stage not so.‘

Ah of course, I never considered that. Thanks.

Poll: You can choose one.

The Beattie statue on 09:01 - Oct 1 with 726 viewsSitfcB

Agree with the first comment on that story, seems a bit wrong the 20 names thing. Sorry.

COYB
Poll: Is Lambert a professional in the game in your opinion?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The Beattie statue on 09:07 - Oct 1 with 698 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The Beattie statue on 09:01 - Oct 1 by SitfcB

Agree with the first comment on that story, seems a bit wrong the 20 names thing. Sorry.

Hadn't read it but yeah I agree. Take's the edge off slightly for me.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The Beattie statue on 11:10 - Oct 1 with 542 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Agreed. Esp as so many have already donated for the initial crowdfunding.
The Beattie statue on 12:38 - Oct 1 with 443 viewsDeano69

Totally agree

Poll: Who makes the Final Tonight?

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021