Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
October 10:07 - Oct 1 with 1183 viewsmuccletonjoe

6 games this month, so a hectic programme awaits, possibly coinciding with a Town team hitting form for the first time this season.
The problem areas we have had ( goalkeeper, defence, central midfield) , seem to have resolved themselves , or were just waiting for the required amount of gel.
Hladky in goal is looking more the confident shot stopper we hoped we were getting when we signed him.
In defence , the pairing of Burgess and Edmundson is getting valuable game time, and will have a whole lot more this month, although we now have the capable back up of Wolfenden and Nsiala.
The player of the month award goes to Donacien imo. Hasn't really put a foot wrong, and against Lincoln he really did lead us through the game.
On the other side , Penney has proved a very capable replacement for Coulson.
We all know the first pairing of Evans and Morsy was a resounding success on Tuesday. While I can't expect such performances against better opposition, it certainly bodes well for an area we have struggled in for a long, long time.
Up front we now have options galore, with Edwards trying to force his way into a strike force firing on all cylinders at the moment.
All in all , Town fans really must be looking forward to October with more anticipation than has been seen in many a year.
By the end of it , I think we may be nibbling away at the fringes of the top 6. Let's hope so.
October on 10:31 - Oct 1 with 1125 viewshomer_123

300 points, 300 goals

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

October on 10:51 - Oct 1 with 1104 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our squad is absolutely ridiculous in terms of quality.

The bench was obscene on Tuesday.

We should relish 6 games in a month.

No excuses whatsoever, we should be aiming for 4 wins from 6.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

October on 13:59 - Oct 1 with 989 viewsIllinoisblue

October on 10:51 - Oct 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

We literally have strong quality cover in every position on the pitch. It’s madness for League One. Be fascinating to see what our wage bill is compared to other clubs.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

October on 14:10 - Oct 1 with 959 viewsJammyDodgerrr

This is spot on really. We don't have the same excuses as last year as we have really good depth, intentionally too.

Think we will get 3 wins out of the six, with draws against Cambridge and Plymouth, potentially slipping up at Portsmouth, although their recent form is awful.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

October on 14:19 - Oct 1 with 928 viewsChrisd

One game at a time without looking too far ahead. Would really like another 3 points on Saturday to back up Tuesday night's win against Donny. Make no mistake, Accrington at their place will be a tough game, but as you've highlighted we should feel confident that our squad is good enough, especially as it appears certain problem areas are starting to right themselves.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

October on 14:23 - Oct 1 with 908 viewsTractorCam

Aim bigger. If we were to lose the other 2, those 4 wins wouldn't even put us top now let alone in a months time.

For me 16 points is what we should aim for, with 13 being the least acceptable outcome.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

October on 14:23 - Oct 1 with 908 viewsHerbivore

October on 14:10 - Oct 1 by JammyDodgerrr

This is spot on really. We don't have the same excuses as last year as we have really good depth, intentionally too.

Think we will get 3 wins out of the six, with draws against Cambridge and Plymouth, potentially slipping up at Portsmouth, although their recent form is awful.

Think we need to be aiming for more points than that really. 11 points would see us on 21 points from 15 games which is a little way off play off form, let alone top 2. I'd take 13 points from October, I think less than that would be slightly disappointing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

October on 14:27 - Oct 1 with 885 viewsKeno

October on 14:23 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

Think we need to be aiming for more points than that really. 11 points would see us on 21 points from 15 games which is a little way off play off form, let alone top 2. I'd take 13 points from October, I think less than that would be slightly disappointing.

Pah!!

We should be looking at 18 points, 36 goals for 0 against!!

COYBS!!!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

October on 14:27 - Oct 1 with 885 viewsIpswichKnight

October on 14:19 - Oct 1 by Chrisd

One game at a time without looking too far ahead. Would really like another 3 points on Saturday to back up Tuesday night's win against Donny. Make no mistake, Accrington at their place will be a tough game, but as you've highlighted we should feel confident that our squad is good enough, especially as it appears certain problem areas are starting to right themselves.

Wet, Windy and they’ve lost a few. Would have been perfect storm for us to lose 1-0 as they sh!tehouse a way to win. I’d hope we have a bit more nous now and expect them to come flying in and try to wind us up. Expect this to be an ugly horrible game.
October on 14:30 - Oct 1 with 875 viewsJammyDodgerrr

October on 14:23 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

I agree - i think 13 is the absolute minimum, but can see us losing at Pompey. I'm probably being tentative with the Cambridge result, think in reality we should win that which takes us to 13.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

October on 08:35 - Oct 30 with 561 viewsmuccletonjoe

A win today and it looks like the crystal ball is still employed
October on 08:45 - Oct 30 with 534 viewsVic

October on 08:35 - Oct 30 by muccletonjoe

A win today and it looks like the crystal ball is still employed

How many points have we actually got so far this month?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

October on 08:47 - Oct 30 with 523 viewsmuccletonjoe

October on 08:45 - Oct 30 by Vic

How many points have we actually got so far this month?

October on 08:59 - Oct 30 with 494 viewsVic

October on 08:47 - Oct 30 by muccletonjoe

So about the minimum most of us hoped for. I’d be happy with a draw today.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

October on 09:23 - Oct 30 with 455 viewsmuccletonjoe

October on 08:59 - Oct 30 by Vic

So about the minimum most of us hoped for. I’d be happy with a draw today.

So would I, would be a good result too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024