Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook's record now reads as follows... 17:02 - Oct 2 with 877 viewsFunge

P28
W6
D11
L11

I want him to be a lot better than he is, but i fear he isn't.

This season is slipping away; with the resources we have, that's wholly unacceptable.
Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:05 - Oct 2 with 837 viewsBlueBadger

I mean, I'm not sure I want to see him go yet, but I can't say that I'd be too upset to see him leave. He's had similar resources to Keane and succeeded in only replicating Keane's results, right now.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 17:36]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:07 - Oct 2 with 795 viewsSteve_M

It’s sh1t, the second half today was sh1t. A point a game in the third division is sh1t.

It needs to be a very big October now to justify keeping Cook here much longer.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:07 - Oct 2 with 782 viewsBluefish

We need to average over 2.2 points per game to make the top 2. If he can't find the tactics to roll Accrington over then we have no chance

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:09 - Oct 2 with 736 viewsHerbivore

That's an abysmal record when you consider what he's had to work with and the level we're at. I don't actively want him to go but I'm running out of patience. He can't get a tune out of us for more than the odd game and too often we start the second half poorly and are incapable of shifting the momentum back our way when the opposition step it up. We look way off mounting a serious promotion challenge, turning over a side bottom of the table off the back of three days of them travelling doesn't get you promoted. Grinding out wins in fixtures like today's is what you need. We haven't looked capable of that at any point since Cook came in.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:10 - Oct 2 with 725 viewsFunge

For the benefit of those who would rather we wrote last season off, this season it's as follows:-

P10
W2
D4
L4

Somehow even worse than last year.
Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:10 - Oct 2 with 723 viewsN2_Blue

who is downvoting this!??

It's fact!

And it looks very much like Cook has lost his managerial prowess....and it happens.

Its an abysmal record he has in his Town tenure....in L1.

Lambert wasn't even this bad and he was useless.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:11 - Oct 2 with 702 viewsBurns7

Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:07 - Oct 2 by Steve_M

It’s sh1t, the second half today was sh1t. A point a game in the third division is sh1t.

It needs to be a very big October now to justify keeping Cook here much longer.

Given that he's used 50 odd players during that period, I am beginning to think the Bomb Squad that Gill could get wins out of, may not have bene the issue we failed last season...
Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:12 - Oct 2 with 684 viewspointofblue

Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:10 - Oct 2 by N2_Blue

who is downvoting this!??

It's fact!

And it looks very much like Cook has lost his managerial prowess....and it happens.

Its an abysmal record he has in his Town tenure....in L1.

Lambert wasn't even this bad and he was useless.

Lambert was pretty woeful - he just managed good starts which meant that the declines which followed were covered up because we were higher in the table.

Then again, Lambert did manage to get us into the top six, even top, for a portion of the season despite having a much weaker squad than now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:13 - Oct 2 with 658 viewscarlo88

We're nowhere near a team are we. We have good players so we can thump a team out of form 6-0.

As soon as the going gets a bit tougher either poor management or poor mentality gets us found out.
Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:13 - Oct 2 with 658 viewsjas0999

Cooks record can’t be defended. Ten league games this season and he’s won just two! Shockingly bad! Inexcusable. Can the owners let this go? Will Cook improve? Evidence suggests not.
Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:15 - Oct 2 with 644 viewsericclacton

He has to go, CLUELESS.
Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:17 - Oct 2 with 612 viewsFunge

Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:13 - Oct 2 by jas0999

Cooks record can’t be defended. Ten league games this season and he’s won just two! Shockingly bad! Inexcusable. Can the owners let this go? Will Cook improve? Evidence suggests not.

We were very good against an atrocious Donny (who, by the way, beat the franchise today; god knows what this league is about), and we battled against Lincoln.

We threw the first 5 games of the season away with stupid errors, and got schooled (properly schooled) by Dapo Afolayan and his mates. Second best against Wednesday, and then today.

What is your plan, Mr Cook, because from here it seems that you're fully winging it?
Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:18 - Oct 2 with 584 viewspointofblue

Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:17 - Oct 2 by Funge

We were very good against an atrocious Donny (who, by the way, beat the franchise today; god knows what this league is about), and we battled against Lincoln.

We threw the first 5 games of the season away with stupid errors, and got schooled (properly schooled) by Dapo Afolayan and his mates. Second best against Wednesday, and then today.

What is your plan, Mr Cook, because from here it seems that you're fully winging it?

I’m fairness, I thought we were the better team v Wednesday. Agree with the rest though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:18 - Oct 2 with 567 viewsFunge

Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:18 - Oct 2 by pointofblue

I’m fairness, I thought we were the better team v Wednesday. Agree with the rest though.

Fair comment, I'm probably in the minority on the Weds game.
Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:20 - Oct 2 with 536 viewstimothyeo

Happy for him to leave now. Offered absolutely nothing in his time here to suggest he has what it takes.

Don't see the value in making that known from the stands etc as fairly sure our owners will already be on the lookout for a suitable replacement.
Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:20 - Oct 2 with 525 viewsTheBlueGnu

and still people clap and adore him when he steps on the pitch.. 20% win rate.

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

Cook's record now reads as follows... on 17:21 - Oct 2 with 521 viewsLankHenners

I do find it a bit mad how he's struggling this much. He's about as good a golden ticket for promotion you can get in this league with what are clearly a lot of very talented players but he can't seem to work out how to get us going. Not having Richardson can't make *this* much difference surely?

The Lincoln and (sort of) Wednesday games worked by going a bit back to basics solid, not too much fancy, take the chances you get and bag the points, then smashing a truly dog sh!t team like Doncaster gave us a good chunk of momentum to go into this and we put in a 2nd half which is a carbon copy of the stuff played under Lambert and Cook at the end of last season. Really poor.

I fear at best this is going to be like Jewell - stumble upon something that works for a few games but other teams quickly work us out and we go back to looking like nobs again.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024