Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook Outers....... 17:18 - Oct 2 with 3186 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Who, realistically, do you want to be the new manager then, if you all get your wish. Lots of posters getting very vocal about this, so come on, let's throw some names in the hat.
Personally think we still need to stick with him at the moment.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Cook Outers....... on 17:20 - Oct 2 with 2588 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I was a Cook outer after Bolton but currently am prepared to give him a little longer.

For manager I would look at Appleton. Wilder would be even better if possible.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cook Outers....... on 17:21 - Oct 2 with 2572 viewsTheBlueGnu

wouldn't matter who came in, we'd still be sh1t

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

Cook Outers....... on 17:22 - Oct 2 with 2551 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Blubbers.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Cook Outers....... on 17:24 - Oct 2 with 2519 viewsN2_Blue

I'm more Cook out than in...but then i don't think even a new manager will change much.

New expensive squad put together seemingly that wants to play for Cook.

It's just turning into an utter mess. I think the season is pretty much dead unless Cook somehow can turn it around but i just don't see it.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Cook Outers....... on 17:25 - Oct 2 with 2506 viewsBurns7

I think when Paul Lambert's record is impressive compared to Paul Cooks I think it's fair people are saying enough is enough. If we carry on like this we'll have 20 points at best come January. Not good enough is it?
Cook Outers....... on 17:26 - Oct 2 with 2491 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Cook Outers....... on 17:20 - Oct 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

I was a Cook outer after Bolton but currently am prepared to give him a little longer.

Appleton is under contract at Lincoln, so wouldn't think a realistic target tbh.

Wilder did a fantastic job at the blunts.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Cook Outers....... on 17:28 - Oct 2 with 2472 viewspointofblue

Cook Outers....... on 17:24 - Oct 2 by N2_Blue

I'm more Cook out than in...but then i don't think even a new manager will change much.

New expensive squad put together seemingly that wants to play for Cook.

It's just turning into an utter mess. I think the season is pretty much dead unless Cook somehow can turn it around but i just don't see it.

I’d almost be happy with a dead season as, if it’s alive, it feels like it will be because we’re in a relegation scrap. As for replacement, Wilder is the obvious choice but if he doesn’t want to come goodness knows. Perhaps Gamechanger might have some lined up from abroad.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook Outers....... on 17:28 - Oct 2 with 2466 viewsStrimmer

This is the question. If there’s no solution offered except ‘sack him’ then it’s just foot stamping for the naughty manager to get punished for not winning enough football games.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Login to get fewer ads

Cook Outers....... on 17:30 - Oct 2 with 2441 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Cook Outers....... on 17:25 - Oct 2 by Burns7

I think when Paul Lambert's record is impressive compared to Paul Cooks I think it's fair people are saying enough is enough. If we carry on like this we'll have 20 points at best come January. Not good enough is it?

Didn't say it was good enough. It's clearly not.

Only 2 names though so far, so who do you think realistically, should be the manager.

Cook Outers....... on 17:30 - Oct 2 with 2424 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

Flynn left Newport yesterday. Would be a good shout
Cook Outers....... on 17:31 - Oct 2 with 2418 viewstimothyeo

Thankfully, it's not the fans responsibility to source a new manager.

Can you imagine if it was? For the love of god, we hounded out McCarthy and were delighted when Hurst was appointed.

We would be awful at identifying the next manager.
Cook Outers....... on 17:31 - Oct 2 with 2406 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Wilder for me
Cook Outers....... on 17:32 - Oct 2 with 2374 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cook Outers....... on 17:26 - Oct 2 by StochesStotasBlewe

Appleton is under contract at Lincoln, so wouldn't think a realistic target tbh.

Wilder did a fantastic job at the blunts.

We signed players who were in contract. I don't think his contract at Lincoln would prevent us getting him if he is the one the owners want.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cook Outers....... on 17:32 - Oct 2 with 2374 viewsBeckets

Cook Outers....... on 17:20 - Oct 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would of thought that if the owners, Ashton etc thought they could realistically get Wilder here they would seriously consider a change sooner rather than later.
Cook Outers....... on 17:33 - Oct 2 with 2340 viewsTheBlueGnu

Cook Outers....... on 17:31 - Oct 2 by ColchesterBlue1985

Wilder for me

did great at Northampton, Oxford, and Sheff Utd, so a good name to put forward. BUT....................this is the cursed Ipswich Town you're talking about, so he'd 100% turn into a sh1t manager.

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

Cook Outers....... on 17:33 - Oct 2 with 2339 viewsTheBoyBlue

It's not just about who comes in though. It's starting again, more upheaval, more weeks of excusing poor performances as bedding in. And how do we know that the new manager would do better. We could get someone with a good track record. But Cook has a good track record. McCarthy had a good track record. Even Keane, Jewell and Lambert had promotions on their CV. All failed.

Just let Cook get on with it.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Cook Outers....... on 17:35 - Oct 2 with 2322 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Cook Outers....... on 17:33 - Oct 2 by TheBlueGnu

did great at Northampton, Oxford, and Sheff Utd, so a good name to put forward. BUT....................this is the cursed Ipswich Town you're talking about, so he'd 100% turn into a sh1t manager.

I am sure he would find a way to fail here too lol not sure what else this club can do other than fold and call it a day. Whatever we do we lurch from one disaster to another!! It’s literally like death from a 1000 cuts
Cook Outers....... on 17:37 - Oct 2 with 2304 viewsWacko

Cook Outers....... on 17:28 - Oct 2 by Strimmer

This is the question. If there’s no solution offered except ‘sack him’ then it’s just foot stamping for the naughty manager to get punished for not winning enough football games.

The Gamechanger guys need to sort out a blueprint for what kind of football identity they want us to have, with the whole infrastructure of the club geared towards realising this. Then they must identify up and coming manager(s) who buy into that philosophy. Brentford did this. Warburton, Smith and Frank were relative nobodies before they were appointed.

So, no, I don't know who we should appoint, but I know for sure it shouldn't be some Evans-esque "oh they had success in the past for some random club, they'll do" kind of thing.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Cook Outers....... on 17:40 - Oct 2 with 2241 viewspointofblue

Cook Outers....... on 17:33 - Oct 2 by TheBoyBlue

It's not just about who comes in though. It's starting again, more upheaval, more weeks of excusing poor performances as bedding in. And how do we know that the new manager would do better. We could get someone with a good track record. But Cook has a good track record. McCarthy had a good track record. Even Keane, Jewell and Lambert had promotions on their CV. All failed.

Just let Cook get on with it.

If that was the attitude we’d still have Lambert in charge. Admittedly, it’s scary that Lambert’s time here is looking increasingly promising compared to Cook’s.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook Outers....... on 17:43 - Oct 2 with 2205 viewsFunge

I've honestly no idea; best outcome is that he actually starts doing what he's done with Wigan and Pompey previously - but as time passes, this seems less and less likely.

Morsy and Chaplin are here pretty much solely because of Cook, I can't see Morsy in particular sticking around for too long if Cook's not here.

It's a colossal mess, again.
Cook Outers....... on 17:46 - Oct 2 with 2166 viewsWacko

Cook Outers....... on 17:43 - Oct 2 by Funge

I've honestly no idea; best outcome is that he actually starts doing what he's done with Wigan and Pompey previously - but as time passes, this seems less and less likely.

Morsy and Chaplin are here pretty much solely because of Cook, I can't see Morsy in particular sticking around for too long if Cook's not here.

It's a colossal mess, again.

He'll stick around if we win matches

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Cook Outers....... on 17:46 - Oct 2 with 2161 viewsgordon

DIDIER DROGBA'S IPSWICH TOWN
Cook Outers....... on 18:34 - Oct 2 with 2047 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

So far, Chris Wilder is the only reasonable suggestion from a handfull of posters who wish to see Paul Cook relieved of his job.
Thanks at least to those who had a choice to air it.

Cook Outers....... on 18:36 - Oct 2 with 2033 viewschrismakin

Dunno, but who ever it is, needs to have 4 different formations in his handbook

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cook Outers....... on 18:38 - Oct 2 with 2011 viewstimothyeo

Cook Outers....... on 18:34 - Oct 2 by StochesStotasBlewe

So far, Chris Wilder is the only reasonable suggestion from a handfull of posters who wish to see Paul Cook relieved of his job.
Thanks at least to those who had a choice to air it.

Not even sure its reasonable. He was at Burnleys match today - I think he has his sight set higher than the third tier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024