Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... 17:21 - Oct 2 with 2813 viewsswede

need to look in the mirror Paul.
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:23 - Oct 2 with 2165 viewschicoazul

Well let’s be fair. Cook and his coaches don’t tell the players to play badly do they. I don’t see what more he can do really. No manager can fight the Banter Era.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:25 - Oct 2 with 2129 viewspointofblue

He replaced a load of players who he claimed didn’t turn up and now it’s happening again. As I said elsewhere, what’s the constant with this…?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:25 - Oct 2 with 2111 viewsswede

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:23 - Oct 2 by chicoazul

Well let’s be fair. Cook and his coaches don’t tell the players to play badly do they. I don’t see what more he can do really. No manager can fight the Banter Era.

It is the manager who decides the tactics though surely? Same as last Saturday - bypass the midfield and get Penney/Edmundson/Burgess to send it long to Bonne.
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:26 - Oct 2 with 2087 viewsTrequartista

He made his bed last season when he washed his hands of the team he inherited insisting that his players would be different.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:26 - Oct 2 with 2059 viewsGarv

Did he blame the players?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:27 - Oct 2 with 2035 viewsswede

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:26 - Oct 2 by Garv

Did he blame the players?

Yes, in his radio interview.
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:29 - Oct 2 with 1939 viewsBeckets

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:27 - Oct 2 by swede

I’m confused. I thought a lot of these players only came to Ipswich because they wanted to play for Cook. Why would they not “turn up”?
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:31 - Oct 2 with 1895 viewsN2_Blue

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:23 - Oct 2 by chicoazul

What else can he do!! Are you joking.

How about some of these for a start:

Implement some tactics
Change things when its not working
Have more than one formation as your go to
Make game changing substitutions
Coach his players to show improvements --- they seem to be going backwards
Appoint proven coaches, not mates

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:34 - Oct 2 with 1827 viewschicoazul

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:25 - Oct 2 by swede

It is the manager who decides the tactics though surely? Same as last Saturday - bypass the midfield and get Penney/Edmundson/Burgess to send it long to Bonne.

Tactics are one thing but fight grit winning 50-50s and “turning up” aren’t down to the manager even though it’s he who will carry the can.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:35 - Oct 2 with 1811 viewsRadlett_blue

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:27 - Oct 2 by swede

Paul Cook: “It was an absolutely shocking performance. I didn’t see it coming.

“Accrington had so much more hunger and desire.

“Football’s a funny game. Just the minute you think you’re starting to do something well... it bites you."

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:35 - Oct 2 with 1808 viewsblueprint

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:31 - Oct 2 by N2_Blue

Implement some tactics

Exactly. He chose his background team. It’s absolutely pathetic the position we find ourselves in.

Come January can anyone see Bonnie wanting to stay?
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:36 - Oct 2 with 1784 viewschicoazul

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:31 - Oct 2 by N2_Blue

Implement some tactics

All fair points. I’m just saying the players bare a large share of the blame.

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:37 - Oct 2 with 1779 viewsRadlett_blue

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:36 - Oct 2 by chicoazul

So do we bring in a new manager and/or change the entire squad?
Oh!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:38 - Oct 2 with 1745 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:36 - Oct 2 by chicoazul

But it’s up to the manager to motivate, to ensure they have that fight and desire.

Far too often under Cook that has been lacking. They don’t like it up ‘em.

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:45 - Oct 2 with 1633 viewsGarv

I heard it, I don't think he blamed the players.

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:46 - Oct 2 with 1631 viewsHARRY10

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:38 - Oct 2 by pointofblue

But it’s up to the manager to motivate, to ensure they have that fight and desire.

Surely it is up to the manager to ensure any player signed has that fight and desire

what part do the much lauded 'recruitments dept' play in this, surely the point of them is to identify 'winners' ?

Stevie Wonder throwing darts for a bulls eye would achieve a better average than this
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:48 - Oct 2 with 1595 viewsbackwaywhen

Implement some tactics

Funnily that was Liam Richardson role at his other clubs …… just saying.
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:50 - Oct 2 with 1580 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:48 - Oct 2 by backwaywhen

* Leam

If we’re going to laud him let’s at least get his name right.

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:51 - Oct 2 with 1563 viewsHerbivore

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:48 - Oct 2 by backwaywhen

Leam Richardson was doing all that? What was Cook's job? Putting the cones out?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:51 - Oct 2 with 1564 viewsswede

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:45 - Oct 2 by Garv

I heard it, I don't think he blamed the players.

Perhaps it is me misunderstanding him then. When he said that "only Bonne and possibly Donacien" came out of the game with any credit, I assumed he was meaning that the other players did not . He said it was a "shocking performance" from the players.

Sounds like he was blaming the players to me.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 17:52]
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:52 - Oct 2 with 1544 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:51 - Oct 2 by Herbivore

Leam Richardson was doing all that? What was Cook's job? Putting the cones out?

The question is how did Cook do so well with Portsmouth and Wigan yet is making a right mess of what should be the easiest job of the three?

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:01 - Oct 2 with 1460 viewsGarv

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:51 - Oct 2 by swede

Perhaps it is me misunderstanding him then. When he said that "only Bonne and possibly Donacien" came out of the game with any credit, I assumed he was meaning that the other players did not . He said it was a "shocking performance" from the players.

Sounds like he was blaming the players to me.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 17:52]

He said it was a shocking performance, period. Granted, singling out two players for credit doesn't support my case but I think there was some self-criticism in there as well.

Not sure why he'd turn on the players anyway. He had much more freedom to do that last season, and he's not coming out with the kind of comments he did then.

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:04 - Oct 2 with 1424 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:01 - Oct 2 by Garv

He said it was a shocking performance, period. Granted, singling out two players for credit doesn't support my case but I think there was some self-criticism in there as well.

Not sure why he'd turn on the players anyway. He had much more freedom to do that last season, and he's not coming out with the kind of comments he did then.

Reading Phil’s report on the interview I can’t see any self criticism whatsoever.

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:06 - Oct 2 with 1396 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:34 - Oct 2 by chicoazul

Tactics are one thing but fight grit winning 50-50s and “turning up” aren’t down to the manager even though it’s he who will carry the can.

Poor Paul Cook. 50+ players who won't turn up, show grit and fight for him now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:09 - Oct 2 with 1359 viewschicoazul

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:38 - Oct 2 by pointofblue

Motivation is a very small part of football management now. There’s a reason why Redknapp Pulis et al don’t work anymore.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024