Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ten games in... 17:59 - Oct 2 with 626 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I was okay with giving Cook a free ride last season. I was happy to give him ten games this season. It is a reasonable number for the manager to demonstrate his credentials.

Since then...
We scraped a point against Morecambe with an injury time equaliser. (At PR)
We lost at Burton.
We led against Cheltenham and lost.
We led (twice) against MK Dons and drew. (At PR)
We led 2-0 against Wimbledon and drew. (At PR)
We led against Bolton and were thrashed. (At PR)
We scraped a point against Sheffield Weds with a last-minute equaliser. (At PR)
We led against Accrington and lost.
2 (two) wins along the way.
FIVE times in ten games we have squandered the lead. That is clearly bad game management by Cook.

We are 1 point above the relegation zone.

We are a Ferrari in this league, being regularly beaten by Hyundais and Ford Focuses. How can that not be the drivers fault? Cook is the driver. Whatever magic he had at previous clubs has deserted him.

Having given it ten games I believe we need someone new at the helm. With our players we should be challenging at the top rather than languishing near the bottom. It will soon be too late to salvage this season's promotion aspirations.

I would like a new manager before our next game.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 18:01]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Ten games in... on 18:06 - Oct 2 with 562 viewsN2_Blue

Yes I've also said this about taking leads and our 2nd half performances under Cook's reign. That for me is most telling about his managerial performance. He's is being outthought by his opposite numbers almost every game.

I notice positivity has downvoted your post and some others without comment. Positivity, care to share why you are down voting any post questioning Paul Cook, genuinely interested.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Ten games in... on 18:11 - Oct 2 with 535 viewspositivity

Ten games in... on 18:06 - Oct 2 by N2_Blue

Yes I've also said this about taking leads and our 2nd half performances under Cook's reign. That for me is most telling about his managerial performance. He's is being outthought by his opposite numbers almost every game.

I notice positivity has downvoted your post and some others without comment. Positivity, care to share why you are down voting any post questioning Paul Cook, genuinely interested.

hi n2, i'm only downvoting those saying he should go now. criticise away!

i posted after the bolton match asking who thought cook should go now. 3 (three) said he should. since then we've won 2 of 4, 2 clean sheets and we're inundated with people saying he should go!

it's a typical twtd flounce, seen it so many times before...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Ten games in... on 19:05 - Oct 2 with 433 viewsN2_Blue

Ten games in... on 18:11 - Oct 2 by positivity

hi n2, i'm only downvoting those saying he should go now. criticise away!

i posted after the bolton match asking who thought cook should go now. 3 (three) said he should. since then we've won 2 of 4, 2 clean sheets and we're inundated with people saying he should go!

it's a typical twtd flounce, seen it so many times before...

Fair enough for replying.

This is not really a flounce is it. We've had basically a quarter of the season and we are 19th in L1 with a squad where some players would hold their own in the Championship.

He's had quarter of a season and the end of last season and shown almost nothing. What is it 4 wins from about 30 games. Come on i know some are pure optimists but you cannot call this a flounce. Tow different sets of players and he's delivered zilch.

Are we improving? I don't really see it. Today was pathetic, backwards in a huge way. Take away the Doncaster game Which seems an anomaly and they are bottom of the league), Lincoln was hardly a great performance and they look poor this season and we needed a 90t minute goal to get a point at home versus Sheff Weds through a goal that wasn't anything to do with tactics or good play.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024