Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor Paul Cook. 18:22 - Oct 2 with 837 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine being so unlucky that you've now been through TWO whole squads of players who apparently won't turn up and battle for you.

There can't any common denominators at play here, can there?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Poor Paul Cook. on 18:24 - Oct 2 with 801 viewsgordon

Maybe we could do some panic buying in January to sort it out. That normally works out well for us.
Poor Paul Cook. on 18:46 - Oct 2 with 721 viewsBasuco

Poor Paul Cook. on 18:24 - Oct 2 by gordon

Maybe we could do some panic buying in January to sort it out. That normally works out well for us.

It not Paul Cooks fault, other teams keep changing formation at half time and messing up our system. Maybe we could panic buy Chris Wilder, he is looking to get back into management.
Poor Paul Cook. on 19:46 - Oct 2 with 603 viewsMarkp68

Poor Paul Cook. on 18:46 - Oct 2 by Basuco

It not Paul Cooks fault, other teams keep changing formation at half time and messing up our system. Maybe we could panic buy Chris Wilder, he is looking to get back into management.

I would’ve liked us to see if Wilder was interested before we appointed Cook. Yes he’s had success in the past at this level but for me he’s a good lower league, journeyman manager and no more.

I know he’s ripped apart and rebuilt squads in the past with success but I wonder if he’s ever managed a squad of this calibre? His total intransigence regarding formation is reminiscent of McCarthys refusal to bend from his tried and trusted ways even when it clearly isn’t working. His decision to not appoint a recognised number 2 is nothing short of baffling.

I felt completely underwhelmed when Cook was given the job and felt that with new ownership coming in they could and should have looked at people like Wilder who may well have been persuaded by getting in at the beginning of a “project”.

Cook for me is not and never had been the man for us but I respect others think he is and it’ll all be fine. For once in my life I hope their right and I’m wrong!
Poor Paul Cook. on 19:55 - Oct 2 with 567 viewsBloomBlue

Once Morsy plays you won't see any player not giving 100%

Oh hold on....
Poor Paul Cook. on 20:08 - Oct 2 with 510 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Poor Paul Cook. on 19:46 - Oct 2 by Markp68

I would’ve liked us to see if Wilder was interested before we appointed Cook. Yes he’s had success in the past at this level but for me he’s a good lower league, journeyman manager and no more.

I know he’s ripped apart and rebuilt squads in the past with success but I wonder if he’s ever managed a squad of this calibre? His total intransigence regarding formation is reminiscent of McCarthys refusal to bend from his tried and trusted ways even when it clearly isn’t working. His decision to not appoint a recognised number 2 is nothing short of baffling.

I felt completely underwhelmed when Cook was given the job and felt that with new ownership coming in they could and should have looked at people like Wilder who may well have been persuaded by getting in at the beginning of a “project”.

Cook for me is not and never had been the man for us but I respect others think he is and it’ll all be fine. For once in my life I hope their right and I’m wrong!

Out of interest, why did you think "Cook for me is not and never had been the man for us"? Quite a few people posted on here we'd be lucky for him to drop down to our level when he could've got Champ jobs, and his record was strong and recent. Some said he was the best we could get at the time and don't remember anyone posting misgivings. Quite the opposite, we were told it was a bit of a coup.

I'm not saying you're wrong BTW, it just looks a bit like hindsight because I saw nothing before he came here to suggest he'd be a bad manager for ITFC.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Poor Paul Cook. on 20:18 - Oct 2 with 448 viewsquirkie

You just know that if we got rid of Cook, he'll end up somewhere like Oldham and take them into the Championship in 2 seasons.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024