Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cream always rise to the top 18:41 - Oct 2 with 1626 viewsMullet

We're a very expensive turd bobbing up and down in this league. Whether this was a reality check or not, to take the lead in such a fashion with great passing, movement and another wonderful finish and not see out the game was unforgiveable.

That was a regulation away win chucked away. Even scraping a draw would have been poor, and to think Burns tried to be a hero with two players waiting to tap it in to an empty net at the end summed it up.

You can talk about individuals and blame Hladky for the second seeming to go through him as much as you can point out the times a Celina pass came off and released a man or Edwards and Burns beat a full back.

Decisions might have tipped that game into another comfortable win on another day but collectively again we just can't seem to the answer questions from teams with the simplest of game plans.

Whatever (mis) fortune you attribute to either side, we don't look like a squad that can choke the life out of teams. It was lovely on Tuesday kicking down an open door, but the slightest bit of resistance or gamesmanship and we seem completely at a loss as to what to do.

Cook's had his pick of the players in this division and some from above. Once again the inferior ones left only have to play to type and Div 3 is too much for us. That was as dreadful as anything this season after half time.

Morsy got away with a red at full time too having already been warned earlier for his rashness. Had he gone, Christ knows what would happen in the coming month.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cream always rise to the top on 18:45 - Oct 2 with 1571 viewsgordon

Was thinking that about Morsy - really struggling to understand how we've effectively got six or seven replacements for our attacking midfielders but we've basically only got one defensively minded midfielder in the whole squad.
Cream always rise to the top on 18:50 - Oct 2 with 1524 viewsMullet

Cream always rise to the top on 18:45 - Oct 2 by gordon

Was thinking that about Morsy - really struggling to understand how we've effectively got six or seven replacements for our attacking midfielders but we've basically only got one defensively minded midfielder in the whole squad.

He's not really an out and out DM and Harper isn't a 10, he's really coming on as an 8 in these last few games. It's very odd, especially as Cook then reverted to a flat 2 and put Norwood up top with the wingers freed up to try and claw something back.

Cream always rise to the top on 19:14 - Oct 2 with 1448 viewspowinswitch

At a number of away venues, in any league, if you don’t match your talent with bite, fight, and commitment then you will get what we got today. I am concerned about whether that will be addressed successfully, but i live in hope.

I am also concerned that Cook seems to have a plan A, and little else. We seem to only set up one way. I think you need to approach Stanley away very differently to Donny at home. If I were managing a team playing us away from Portman Road, I’d be telling my guys ITFC don’t like it up em, and to get on our faces. I would also let our two centre backs have the ball, keep tight on Morsy in particular and the wide players. We are so obviously reliant on playing and creating down the wings

For many of these clubs, the opportunity to beat the likes of Sunderland, Wednesday and us is exactly what they want. They are pumped for these games. We need to be able to match that and then win because we have the talent we clearly do.

My biggest concern though is the lack of variety, and whether Cook can do things differently.
Cream always rise to the top on 19:18 - Oct 2 with 1426 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Love the quote you have titled the piece with. Partly because Mogga said it the night Burley got the sack. I always thought Mogga would do well and felt we would have done well to have kept him as our manager then but cream has risen to the top for him.

One thing I would say, though. Cream does as long as you don't keep stirring it! I am for giving Cook a little bit longer but we can't afford to take too many more backwards steps.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cream always rise to the top on 21:43 - Oct 2 with 1172 viewsSteve_M

Well, the main positives today were staying mainly dry and getting the 18:15 train back. Not much in the way of food available at Piccadilly mind. That and seeing our people of course.

As for the football, it was massively disappointing. First half was attritional but we were solid and scored from the one moment of class and that should have been a good platform to go on and win the game. Instead we had one chance early on - keeper beat Bonne to a cross - and that was about it. Even after conceding we were ok for 10 minutes but the last half hour of the game there was only one team in it. They were playing in red not blue.

THe game was crying out for Norwood’s physicality to support Bonne. That he dragged the game back a bit in our favour made it bizarre that Cook left it so late to bring him on. But then I don’t really see anything in the 28 games so far to suggest it’s going to work for Cook here.

There’s a cognitive dissonance amongst some fans to suggest things are going to work out this season at the moment, I desperately want them to as well but the evidence of an increasing number of matches says otherwise. Cook hid behind the players again today I see, just a gobsh1te it seems, a man unable to take any responsibility for his failings.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 21:58]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cream always rise to the top on 21:52 - Oct 2 with 1108 viewsOldboy

We cannot rely on one player if we want top 6. Others need to step in when others are struggling. That is what makes a team. We need them to have a team mentality. Nothing today showed me that was the case.
Cream always rise to the top on 08:07 - Oct 3 with 857 viewsMullet

Cream always rise to the top on 19:14 - Oct 2 by powinswitch

At a number of away venues, in any league, if you don’t match your talent with bite, fight, and commitment then you will get what we got today. I am concerned about whether that will be addressed successfully, but i live in hope.

I am also concerned that Cook seems to have a plan A, and little else. We seem to only set up one way. I think you need to approach Stanley away very differently to Donny at home. If I were managing a team playing us away from Portman Road, I’d be telling my guys ITFC don’t like it up em, and to get on our faces. I would also let our two centre backs have the ball, keep tight on Morsy in particular and the wide players. We are so obviously reliant on playing and creating down the wings

For many of these clubs, the opportunity to beat the likes of Sunderland, Wednesday and us is exactly what they want. They are pumped for these games. We need to be able to match that and then win because we have the talent we clearly do.

My biggest concern though is the lack of variety, and whether Cook can do things differently.

Today was a game where shooting on sight or drilling ball at the near post would have worked. Slippery, two giant CBs dominant in the air and a fairly rash keeper. Instead we tried to play through them because that worked for our goal.

If a team stops us playing we seem to wilt under the challenge of controlling the game and get drawn into their antics.

Cream always rise to the top on 08:08 - Oct 3 with 839 viewsMullet

Cream always rise to the top on 19:18 - Oct 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Love the quote you have titled the piece with. Partly because Mogga said it the night Burley got the sack. I always thought Mogga would do well and felt we would have done well to have kept him as our manager then but cream has risen to the top for him.

One thing I would say, though. Cream does as long as you don't keep stirring it! I am for giving Cook a little bit longer but we can't afford to take too many more backwards steps.

I think this season is all but over. We are not making top 2 without suddenly winning everything for weeks on end and we are too far from that right now.

Sneaking through the playoffs means we keep Cook when he has essentially failed. It’s a conundrum.

Login to get fewer ads

Cream always rise to the top on 08:12 - Oct 3 with 820 viewsMullet

Cream always rise to the top on 21:43 - Oct 2 by Steve_M

Well, the main positives today were staying mainly dry and getting the 18:15 train back. Not much in the way of food available at Piccadilly mind. That and seeing our people of course.

As for the football, it was massively disappointing. First half was attritional but we were solid and scored from the one moment of class and that should have been a good platform to go on and win the game. Instead we had one chance early on - keeper beat Bonne to a cross - and that was about it. Even after conceding we were ok for 10 minutes but the last half hour of the game there was only one team in it. They were playing in red not blue.

THe game was crying out for Norwood’s physicality to support Bonne. That he dragged the game back a bit in our favour made it bizarre that Cook left it so late to bring him on. But then I don’t really see anything in the 28 games so far to suggest it’s going to work for Cook here.

There’s a cognitive dissonance amongst some fans to suggest things are going to work out this season at the moment, I desperately want them to as well but the evidence of an increasing number of matches says otherwise. Cook hid behind the players again today I see, just a gobsh1te it seems, a man unable to take any responsibility for his failings.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 21:58]

The hope is fine, the delusion of a few stretching that has been fairly tedious. Ultimately Cook chose this path and it’s not worked when it should and needed to. He’s running out of time.

Cream always rise to the top on 08:12 - Oct 3 with 819 viewsMullet

Cream always rise to the top on 21:52 - Oct 2 by Oldboy

We cannot rely on one player if we want top 6. Others need to step in when others are struggling. That is what makes a team. We need them to have a team mentality. Nothing today showed me that was the case.

I agree entirely

Cream always rise to the top on 08:49 - Oct 3 with 757 viewsHARRY10

Evidence on the pitch suggests that we are just not good enough ................ for this league.

Maybe the Championship use a different shape ball, and different rules.

Cook has plenty of experience, so should have known what type of players were needed to get out of this division. It seems the squad in some parts has been based on the list drawn up for the 'Jolly Boys day out at Margate' rather than hard nosed signings.

Most of us would have imagined that debate, after 10 games, might have been about how a draw left us a point off the top two - not the vagaries of the fixture list possibly saving us from being bottom.

The next four games are those we would have expected to be winning - two in the relegation zone and two mid table. To avoid the top six increasing their lead on us we need to double our current points total.

I think it maybe too early to talk of sacking Cook at that stage, but if it's not 25 plus over the following 13 games to put us close to a play off place, then questions will certainly be asked before going into the transfer window.

And i suspect the words on the owners lips won't be 'lubbly jubbly'
Cream always rise to the top on 09:01 - Oct 3 with 703 viewsgtsb1966

Cream always rise to the top on 08:49 - Oct 3 by HARRY10

Evidence on the pitch suggests that we are just not good enough ................ for this league.

Maybe the Championship use a different shape ball, and different rules.

Cook has plenty of experience, so should have known what type of players were needed to get out of this division. It seems the squad in some parts has been based on the list drawn up for the 'Jolly Boys day out at Margate' rather than hard nosed signings.

Most of us would have imagined that debate, after 10 games, might have been about how a draw left us a point off the top two - not the vagaries of the fixture list possibly saving us from being bottom.

The next four games are those we would have expected to be winning - two in the relegation zone and two mid table. To avoid the top six increasing their lead on us we need to double our current points total.

I think it maybe too early to talk of sacking Cook at that stage, but if it's not 25 plus over the following 13 games to put us close to a play off place, then questions will certainly be asked before going into the transfer window.

And i suspect the words on the owners lips won't be 'lubbly jubbly'

What about lovely jubbly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024