Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When we put performances like that last season…. 18:47 - Oct 2 with 3301 viewsitfcjoe

….we were told it was the players and it wouldn’t happen when we get new ones in.

When we put in performances earlier in the season like that we were told it wouldn’t again when Samy Morsy was in the side….

…and yet we still put in nothing performances when out battled and out thought.

Somethings not right here, and it hasn’t been for a long time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 18:50 - Oct 2 with 2463 viewshomer_123

Well....having reflected on our start to the season by homer_123 2 Oct 2021 18:34
Something isn't right for sure.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 18:50 - Oct 2 with 2466 viewschicoazul

Honestly, what do you think it is?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 18:53 - Oct 2 with 2433 viewshomer_123

When we put performances like that last season…. on 18:50 - Oct 2 by chicoazul

The glaring issue is a supportive/challenging number 2.

I also question the quality of the backroom staff.

On the pitch we cannot complain about that squad.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 18:55 - Oct 2 with 2379 viewsgtsb1966

When we put performances like that last season…. on 18:53 - Oct 2 by homer_123

the quality of the backroom staff is on par with The Dog and Duck.
When we put performances like that last season…. on 18:56 - Oct 2 with 2370 viewsPippin1970

When we put performances like that last season…. on 18:53 - Oct 2 by homer_123

Maybe the modern foreign approach maybe a better choice. So many different coaches/managers in Europe.
When we put performances like that last season…. on 18:57 - Oct 2 with 2348 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Don't forget that the squad from last season didn't turn up for the three managers.
When we put performances like that last season…. on 18:59 - Oct 2 with 2296 viewsJ2BLUE

When we put performances like that last season…. on 18:57 - Oct 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

Don't forget that the squad from last season didn't turn up for the three managers.

I was thinking ...three?!?!?!

I had completely blocked Lambert's reign out...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:02 - Oct 2 with 2245 viewsMach_foreignBlue

When we put performances like that last season…. on 18:59 - Oct 2 by J2BLUE

I was thinking ...three?!?!?!

I had completely blocked Lambert's reign out...

You cannot blame the managers in 100%. The players have their responsibilities too.
Login to get fewer ads

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:02 - Oct 2 with 2254 viewsitfcjoe

When we put performances like that last season…. on 18:50 - Oct 2 by chicoazul

We don’t adjust in game to anything from what I see, when the game is getting away from us we have no real ability to wrestle it back.

Is it an arrogance that we are good so things will come good? Or a collective lack of in game nous - which I find hard to believe.

Ultimately though, the manager will be gone soon if it continues for much longer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:05 - Oct 2 with 2191 viewsBlueBadger

When we put performances like that last season…. on 18:57 - Oct 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

Even Lambert got a couple of unbeaten runs out of those sad sacks. This time two years ago we were unbetaten in 11 with the same sad sacks. Last season we'd only lost two by this stage(although the wheels were definitely loose there).

'It's all the fault of the players' was always something of a smokescreen.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 19:12]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:06 - Oct 2 with 2176 viewsBlueBadger

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:02 - Oct 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

You cannot blame the managers in 100%. The players have their responsibilities too.

Poor Paul Cook. Two whole squads of players that wouldn't play for him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:09 - Oct 2 with 2123 viewsMach_foreignBlue

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:06 - Oct 2 by BlueBadger

Poor Paul Cook. Two whole squads of players that wouldn't play for him.

Poor players poor souls !!! Hurst, Lambert and Cook were bad for them whereas the players were fine weren't they?
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 19:09]
When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:09 - Oct 2 with 2121 viewsN2_Blue

Have to agree Joe.

Something isn't right, but you could say that over the last 6 years and at least 3 managers.

What is it? why is the club seemingly cursed whatever we do. We have new owners, Evans era has gone but nothing has changed.

I'm seriously concerned a new manager comes in and not a lot changes...but I've realised Cook isn't going to be the manager here i thought he would be.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:10 - Oct 2 with 2105 viewsAbracadobra

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:02 - Oct 2 by itfcjoe

We don’t adjust in game to anything from what I see, when the game is getting away from us we have no real ability to wrestle it back.

Is it an arrogance that we are good so things will come good? Or a collective lack of in game nous - which I find hard to believe.

Ultimately though, the manager will be gone soon if it continues for much longer

So you didn’t see the tactical change midweek that led to us getting our 3rd, 4th and 5th?
When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:12 - Oct 2 with 2061 viewsJ2BLUE

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:10 - Oct 2 by Abracadobra

So you didn’t see the tactical change midweek that led to us getting our 3rd, 4th and 5th?

Slightly different situation isn't it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:19 - Oct 2 with 1984 viewsBlueBadger

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:09 - Oct 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

Poor players poor souls !!! Hurst, Lambert and Cook were bad for them whereas the players were fine weren't they?
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 19:09]

Of course not. It's just that Cook doesn't appear to be, either.

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:20 - Oct 2 with 1986 viewsAbracadobra

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:12 - Oct 2 by J2BLUE

Slightly different situation isn't it?

Well I would say Doncaster were getting a slight grip on the game prior to the change, threatening a goal back to change the dynamics of the game until Cook made the tweak. So to suggest that he doesn’t react to anything just isn’t true.
When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:26 - Oct 2 with 1932 viewsgordon

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:20 - Oct 2 by Abracadobra

Well I would say Doncaster were getting a slight grip on the game prior to the change, threatening a goal back to change the dynamics of the game until Cook made the tweak. So to suggest that he doesn’t react to anything just isn’t true.

This is a good point - I thought it was Celina on the wing and Fraser playing deeper alongside Morsy and Evans that triggered the best spell of football we've seen from a Cook team - so why not keep it going?
When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:26 - Oct 2 with 1932 viewsMach_foreignBlue

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:19 - Oct 2 by BlueBadger

Of course not. It's just that Cook doesn't appear to be, either.

If you say :'of course not' then stop excusing those perennial failures from last season who didn't turn up for Hurst, Lambert and Cook. Those so called professional players didn't put any fight in order to save us from the relegation nor did they show the drive to get the club back to the Champ.

Of course Cook doesn't seem to do a right job but the players have their responsibilites too.
When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:28 - Oct 2 with 1909 viewsHerbivore

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:26 - Oct 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

If you say :'of course not' then stop excusing those perennial failures from last season who didn't turn up for Hurst, Lambert and Cook. Those so called professional players didn't put any fight in order to save us from the relegation nor did they show the drive to get the club back to the Champ.

Of course Cook doesn't seem to do a right job but the players have their responsibilites too.

So weird that you're still so hung up on a bunch of players who aren't even at the club anymore.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:34 - Oct 2 with 1845 viewsSteve_M

Cook has done nothing positive since he’s been here; the lack of coaching experience looks more glaring by the match. We can cling to isolated patches of play - our goal today was lovely - but it’s nowhere near enough.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:42 - Oct 2 with 1757 viewsAbracadobra

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:34 - Oct 2 by Steve_M

Cook has done nothing positive since he’s been here; the lack of coaching experience looks more glaring by the match. We can cling to isolated patches of play - our goal today was lovely - but it’s nowhere near enough.

Not sure the results against Lincoln, Sheffield Wednesday or Doncaster screamed ‘lack of coaching experience’.
When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:43 - Oct 2 with 1741 viewsHerbivore

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:42 - Oct 2 by Abracadobra

Not sure the results against Lincoln, Sheffield Wednesday or Doncaster screamed ‘lack of coaching experience’.

What about the other 7 games we've played in the league?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:48 - Oct 2 with 1716 viewsAbracadobra

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:43 - Oct 2 by Herbivore

What about the other 7 games we've played in the league?

“More glaring by the match” isn’t supported by our 3 most recent league games prior to today being largely positive.
When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:49 - Oct 2 with 1697 viewsHerbivore

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:48 - Oct 2 by Abracadobra

“More glaring by the match” isn’t supported by our 3 most recent league games prior to today being largely positive.

But is well supported by today's performance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024