Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a more annoying phrase in football after a loss 11:49 - Oct 3 with 497 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

than, "We go again"?

Utterly meaningless, thoroughly irritating and Morsy uses it FIVE times in his interview. FFS, "we go again" whether we win, lose or draw unless it's the last game of the season.

Too much bull from players and managers - do your talking where it matters.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Is there a more annoying phrase in football after a loss on 12:07 - Oct 3 with 448 viewsDarth_Koont

Seemed to creep in about 15 years ago, I’m guessing. There was certainly a point when people weren’t saying it, and then they were.

Unfortunately, I think the underlying logic is sound. You’ve got to keep moving forward and trusting some sort of process.

That doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be any reflection and self-criticism, quite the opposite. But I’d hope that professionals actually doing the job would have a better, more detailed sense of looking at their performance anyway – as individuals and collectively. So no real point hashing that out in public.

We’ve got players and a manager who have all been successful before at this level and above. So they should see what’s missing. The real problem is they know it’s never anything massively obvious and easy to fix, but more about marginal gains in different areas and getting things like momentum and confidence which you can do little about.

But all you can really do is get on with the work and be as prepared as possible for the next game.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is there a more annoying phrase in football after a loss on 12:54 - Oct 3 with 409 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Seemed to be coined by Gerrard and Rodgers when their title challenge was falling apart.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is there a more annoying phrase in football after a loss on 12:56 - Oct 3 with 408 viewsistanblue

He's been taking lessons from Chambers
Is there a more annoying phrase in football after a loss on 16:14 - Oct 3 with 317 viewshoppy

Some like to get apologies or excuses in ‘early doors’ don’t they?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024