Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow 16:43 - Oct 3 with 636 viewsWeWereZombies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bty04l

Miranda Krestovnikoff walks along the River Deben in Suffolk. From Sutton Hoo to Ramsholt Quay on the coast, she walks past salt marshes, tidal lagoons and through wooded groves.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 17:00 - Oct 3 with 589 viewswitchdoctor

sounds interesting but reckon they mean Bawdsey Quay?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 17:01]
Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 17:06 - Oct 3 with 568 viewsElephantintheRoom

It's a repeat is it not? Or it was done on TV quite recently by someone else. A reasonable watch

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 17:13 - Oct 3 with 554 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 17:00 - Oct 3 by witchdoctor

Ramsholt isn't on the coast is it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 17:15 - Oct 3 with 550 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 17:06 - Oct 3 by ElephantintheRoom

It's a repeat is it not? Or it was done on TV quite recently by someone else. A reasonable watch

If it was done by someone else, it isn't a repeat then is it? Or do you mean broadcast by someone else?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 17:16 - Oct 3 with 549 viewsWeWereZombies

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 17:06 - Oct 3 by ElephantintheRoom

Ah, yes, first broadcast 2018.

There is also a film on the Deben from source to sea narrated by John McCarthy:

https://www.lifeonthedeben.com/

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 17:19 - Oct 3 with 538 viewsWeWereZombies

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 17:00 - Oct 3 by witchdoctor

True, I saw Ramsholt and thought 'lovely' and must have blinked and missed the on the coast bit - unless someone has moved Ramsholt since I was last there.

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 17:38 - Oct 3 with 510 viewsChondzoresk

Pretty certain I have seen it before. I will watch it again. Interesting stuff.
Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 18:58 - Oct 3 with 470 viewsDennyx4

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 17:19 - Oct 3 by WeWereZombies

True, I saw Ramsholt and thought 'lovely' and must have blinked and missed the on the coast bit - unless someone has moved Ramsholt since I was last there.

The Ramsholt Arms pub is on the estuary - nice little pub, with great views
Login to get fewer ads

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 19:01 - Oct 3 with 464 viewswitchdoctor

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 18:58 - Oct 3 by Dennyx4

featured in the flick Yesterday which I thoroughly enjoyed…
Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 19:13 - Oct 3 with 443 viewsronnyd

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 18:58 - Oct 3 by Dennyx4

Google maps show Ramsholt half way along the Deben. Bawdsey is on the mouth of the river opp Felixstowe Ferry. Lovely spot.
Edit, meaning the tidal part of the Deben.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 19:17]
Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 19:13 - Oct 3 with 443 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’ve missed it more since I moved away. As a teenager I was always attracted to the mountains, presumably because the were so different to what I was used to growing up up rural north Suffolk and then Ipswich. So as soon as I could I got away, went and studied subjects that led to me working in the Himalayas, Andes, European Alps. Which was great, but there’s something special about our countryside and especially the rivers and coast. The flat light, golden reeds in the autumn, hazy sunrises, etc. Unique.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 19:25 - Oct 3 with 425 viewsWeWereZombies

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 19:13 - Oct 3 by ronnyd

Google maps show Ramsholt half way along the Deben. Bawdsey is on the mouth of the river opp Felixstowe Ferry. Lovely spot.
Edit, meaning the tidal part of the Deben.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 19:17]

Yep, can't say that the sea has ever been in view when I have had a drink at The Ramsholt Arms.

Heads up for lovers of the East Suffolk countryside - BBC2 7pm tomorrow on 19:41 - Oct 3 with 405 viewsNthQldITFC

Sure is.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024